Determination drop, what can be done?

One of my striker just got a (random?) thing where off-the field event affected him and plummet his determination (which is now 4 xD). I've read that this could happen before but never got it until now. Is there anything that can be done here? He's 23 so he can't be tutored to get his det up. Will his determination slowly go back up or is he stuck at this 4 :|. Should I sell him (as I do have a younger player that while not as good yet, the potential is there) or wait and see if his det can go back up???

Thanks

I only play FM09 which I got 3 years ago, sometimes I get like Fabian Delph who I buy, he performs at 7.20 for a whole season, and his stats mostly degenerate which I would like explained, but I've never heard of someones constitutional mental stats dropping from anything respectable to 4 suddenly. I've actually never seen determination drop at all in anybody. Maybe a point at a time once in awhile but not like you're saying. Morale works like that but not determination, did FM12 change the game? In FM09 I'd ditch anybody who declined at that rate, but if the newer versions decided it can drop from 15 to 4 because his girlfriend broke it off with him, then they could decide it also will jump back up when he finds a new one or after he scores 2 more goals or etc. etc. whatever they programmed the formula to be then you might wait it out obviously. Others could give you a better answer, but if the deal is that it needs to be earned back slowly from a rating of 4 and it can drop that fast and its something as crucial as determination, unless you're playing with Kettering and you regened a -9 -10 player who is once in a lifetime, I'd say get what you can after trying tutoring and tough love etc. If the newer versions have a tough love feature or something. Anyway, sorry to hear that that happened to you.

definitely, unless it can go back to default just as quickly when some requirement is met. in reality changing a human's core mental stuff like that requires brainwashing or severe trauma. thats fubar from the game. if it needs to be built back slowly from 4 then what wonky said forget it.

I think someone else mentioned this happened to them recently, (last few weeks) couldn't find it though. Seems like an odd thing to happen without some kind of explanation, backroom/inbox item. Maybe someone in the know might pop up and explain this and possible ways of rescuing said player! Cleon, where are you? ;)

It happens. It was a subtle feature added for FM12 I believe. A player can decline like in the opening post or he can also improve. You can't really do anything about it tho.

While I have never seen it myself in-game (haven't played many seasons in FM12), I think it is a bit of a "clunky" implementation. Seems weird that youngster would get +10/-10 to a single attribute at once. It would be nice if these followed some events/news items showing the decline/gain of the youngster. If his Temperament is dropping like a stone, it would be nice if there were problems with training and clashes with team mates at training or whatever events fits a decline in that stat.

Just sitting around and suddenly out of the blue, your wonderkid suddenly drops Determination from 15 to 2 for no apparent reason, seems excessive, with no chance of saving him from that drop or influencing anything.

• 2 months later...

This just happened to me as well. In fact, it was my club captain, a fantastic wingback. All of a sudden, bang, I get a message saying that due to off-the-field issues, the player has lost determination. What possible use is a captain with a determination stat of 4?

Thank goodbness I bought a decent backup in the off-season.

the opposite happened to me on FM12, i had a young player with around 6 determination, just an averange guy, and suddendly this happened and his determination went up to around 18, and he became one of the most promising youngsters on my squad; IMO its not a bad addition, and it somewhat adds to realism, but yeah i suppose it can be extremly annoying when it happens negatively

Archived