anyone managed to get Messi and Ronaldo as team-mates?

Really random question as I never start games at the top level so never have the chance to manage these guys (actually did manage Ronaldo for 1 season in my current career as I arrived to Real and he was 35 years old), but anyway I'm curious. Anyone managed to buy Messi for Real or Ronaldo for Barça, in FM2012, through non-cheating measures? Or bonus points for buying both as a third party club. It seems pretty difficult to me as neither will want to leave?

And how effective was this partnership?

Managed to bring both of them to Newcastle in a save a while ago.

Wasn't a partnership as such, but they were both brilliant. Would take some pretty idiotic management not to get either playing well, let alone both in same side!

Managed to get Ronaldo to Man City on previous FM but not Messi. Messi is simply to expensive and too loyal to Barca.

Usually Im not one for spending over 50million on a single player. For example my I got appointed Man City manager in 2nd season and first few years signed players with huge potential, won all there was to win and established a hugely successful squad. With my young players coming good I suddenly had a huge amount of cash that was sitting there burning a hole in my pocket and blew it on Ronaldo. He turned my already unbeatable Man City team into something even more out of this world. Got him for 118million and he was literally about to turn 30 years old. Scored 47 goals in 32 games and had a shed load of assists.

I never start managing on FM with a big club. Always start small and work my way up but out of all the real life players in the game hes been the most prolific. Literally 9/10 + rating every single game. If anyone without cheating managed to get Ronaldo and Messi in there prime together its scary to think how much they'd score.

Just tried the Billion Dollar Challenge from FM-Base and have them two upfront(after training of course) cost me £100mil each and wow it was worth it, they are now each others favourite player which I do not see happening in real life at all!

i got both after having won the CL 3 times in a row and then getting taken over by a tycoon (in that order)

got Messi on a free in fact

had Ronaldo on the left and Messi on the right as inside forwards, in either a 433 or 4231 depending on circumstances

(I was Man Utd btw)

Can't remember if it was FM 2012, I think it was - I was playing as Barcelona and Real offered Ronaldo to me for €30m in the first transfer window. I signed him quickly.

I think it was a bug, and I flagged it with SI and that doesn't happen anymore.

One season in on my Man Utd save (I always start each year with Man Utd just to get a feel for the new game with plenty of money to spend before starting a proper game) Real listed Ronaldo and I got him for £25mil which was ridiculous, he scored pretty much a goal a game, sometimes more than that. I could never get Messi to sign for me, he just wasn't interested although I stopped playing that game a few seasons in so maybe one day he would have signed.

It's definitely harder to sign Messi now that he's a few years older. Before, when he was 21 or 22, I could get a team to the same rep or higher than Barcelona, so signing him at 27 or 28 was doable. But now he's 25, it's a lot harder to get a team to the rep that Messi would sign for. He's usually 30, 31, 32 before I have the chance to sign him, even at that he's well settled at Barcelona and hard to budge. He's not cheap either, so funding a player for €100m who's just hit their thirties is a bit of a risk, although you'd probably get another 4 or 5 seasons out of him.

• 8 months later...
Really random question as I never start games at the top level so never have the chance to manage these guys (actually did manage Ronaldo for 1 season in my current career as I arrived to Real and he was 35 years old), but anyway I'm curious. Anyone managed to buy Messi for Real or Ronaldo for Barça, in FM2012, through non-cheating measures? Or bonus points for buying both as a third party club. It seems pretty difficult to me as neither will want to leave?

And how effective was this partnership?

and how did cr play for you at the age of 35? considering buying him myself as hes 36 on my save lol

Archived