Sports Interactive Community
emeyekaye

I need another Carrick

I need to sign an understudy to the infamous midfield maestro that is Michael Carrick. Needs to be able to defend and pass. Will be playing the deep lying playmaker role in my team.

Thiago Thiago Thiago. You can get him on loan from Barca for free and he usually gets annoyed with Barca so you can sign him at the end of the season for something like 17mil

Thiago Thiago Thiago. You can get him on loan from Barca for free and he usually gets annoyed with Barca so you can sign him at the end of the season for something like 17mil

He's nothing like Carrick.

Obi Mikel has great stats for that role. Can normally pick him up for £5 mil ish plus he's only 24 at the start of the game so time is on his side.

He signed for Juventus unfortunately, rejected me :(

Yeah, I scouted him. They want £25m for him. I have an entire season to find and scout my potential signings. Scholes can cut it at top level for the first season, just planning for the future.

Hmmm yeah £25 mil is a bit steep. A young player that is great for this role and cheap is Verratti, Natural DMC/MC/AMC and plays for an italian team in Serie B. Check him out.

I have an updated database that includes some 2012 summer transfers so PSG have Verratti. Will scout him though, can't see him being cheap because he's crazy good!

yeah his reputation will have been upped plus he will have the 'recently joined club' issue so probably best looking elsewhere. I'd say get your best scout and get him to scout Europe for MC with at least 15 positioning, 15 passing, 15 tackling and stamina 15 with maximum age of 24 and see what he comes back with. Could take a few months but like you said your thinking of the future so shouldn't be a problem waiting to see what he can find.

yeah his reputation will have been upped plus he will have the 'recently joined club' issue so probably best looking elsewhere. I'd say get your best scout and get him to scout Europe for MC with at least 15 positioning, 15 passing, 15 tackling and stamina 15 with maximum age of 24 and see what he comes back with. Could take a few months but like you said your thinking of the future so shouldn't be a problem waiting to see what he can find.

Sent Martin Ferguson off to central Europe to find me the next Scholes. He better deliver the goods. Thanks for your replies.

Andrea Poli?

Just been offered him by his agent, gonna scout him. Looks good though.

Lars Bender may also be worth a look

I'm a big fan of Lars Bender. Do you think he can cut it as the team metronome though? 14 passing is fine but 10 creativity worries me.

I'm a big fan of Lars Bender. Do you think he can cut it as the team metronome though? 14 passing is fine but 10 creativity worries me.

I reckon he could do a job, but its fair to say he is more suited to a anchor man type role

Tom huddlestone came into my England team to fill the gap left by Carrick. Might cost a bit though.

Andrea Poli?

This is a good shout. He's developed really well on my save. Also young and shouldn't cost as much as the other options.

I tried to sign Carrick on my Aston Villa save. He didn't want to move and now he's too old and slow to bother.

I signed Jack Rodwell who seems to be a solid DM/CM, a good replacement for the ageing Stiliyan Petrov. Other than that, it might just be worth keeping Carrick for a couple of years until a good regen comes along.

Koke from Athletico Madrid is pretty much a carbon copy of Carrick. Just untrain his plays short simple passes ppm and he'll do the job.

I was going to suggest Poli.

What about promoting Tom Cleverley?

Cleverley could be a good choice just train him to up his tackling.

Joe Allen: very inexpensive, similar type of player, handles pressure well, young, homegrown... though if you're a United fan, you might not want to sign someone who is about to move to Liverpool IRL.

Cleverley could be a good choice just train him to up his tackling.

Have you seen this done before? I'm a big fan of Cleverley.

Joe Allen: very inexpensive, similar type of player, handles pressure well, young, homegrown... though if you're a United fan, you might not want to sign someone who is about to move to Liverpool IRL.

Joe Allen is quality. Swansea want near enough £28m for him at the moment. Will check back at the end of the season.

Have you seen this done before? I'm a big fan of Cleverley.

I've seen Cleverley become a quality midfielder, I don't know what his tackling is off the top of my head and what Carrick's is.

If Liverpool struggle then Lucas could be available.

Bertolacci. Can usually arrange to get him on a free after the first season if you put in a good bid in january.

I second this, he moved to Villarreal on my save in 2014 and has been quality there since day 1. I've tried to sign him for Fiorentina despite him now being 35, but Villarreal won't let him go - he's that good. Definitely in the Carrick mould too.

Kdadwo Asamoah, Romulo, Sandro, Etienne Capoue, Armin Bacinovic, Casemiro, Fernando

Few that haven't been mentioned

I agree with Asamoah, I signed him in my Man U save. I also trained Javi Martinez to be somewhat like Carrick, and two are rotating the position. Asamoah was much cheaper though.

Both my suggestions have already been said, but...

Andrea Poli or Kwadwo Asamoah for me.

Or try to get Aaron Ramsey off Arsenal maybe? He's awesome as MC (DLP) in my Arsenal save with Poli as his back up.

de rossi

arturo vidal

gokhan inler

adam vass

joe allen

busquets

fernandinho

casemiro

m'vila

rodwell