Football Manager: The Magazine

I know it's been discussed before, but I was seriously thinking of starting up a FM magazine in PDF format and looking to see if there would be anyone interested in contributing.

I think it would be a good idea if it came out every month or bi-monthly.

The main content of the mag would be:

Real & FM Tactics

Past Managers and Tactics

Player Positions & Roles

Articles on real life players past,present and future

A forum member's tactic of the month

Not sure about this one but maybe an article about current teams doing well in different leagues around the globe.

It's quite ambitious, I realise, but there is potential for it be quite a good magazine.

It would probably need a whole lot of spitballing, time and effort but it would be worth it. Oh, and anymore ideas would be grand.

yeah it would be cool if you could get some stories in it and maybe you could have a help column as well like the hints and tips that you learn from playing it for a long time like how to find some decent regens the basics of a formation and maybe tell them that buying loads of players with the 48 month payments is good short term dumb in the long term and such things as vital stats for different types of players

I'm already in the process of creating something simliar for FM 13 which I already have got some great writers onboard :)

It'll be quartely and be simliar to www.theblizzard.co.uk but be free and download only and purely about FM.

If people want to contribute then they should drop me a PM so I know which community members would contribute and help whenever they can. This will be very much a SI Community project so the more of you onboard the better.

I have had a bit of an interest in journalism for a while (though wouldn't cope well in a professional environment) so while there isn't an awful lot I'm expert enough in to write about I'd love to do whatever I could do for a potential FM mag.

I think its an great idea. Started planning it myself last year but it stoped with that. Was even starting to think to do a real magazine but I think, with out ant sponsors, the cost are too high.

Main problem was that you need people to participate and then they dont, its hard to continue. You need to be a good team. Dont think you can handle it by yourself, and get god quality that makes people interest in it.

It was for my swedish fansite i started it so it would be in swedish but it must be a lot easier in english I suppose.

I will also remember that I saw an Italian variant, dont now if its still exist but... on FMItalia or something.

I'm already in the process of creating something simliar for FM 13 which I already have got some great writers onboard :)

It'll be quartely and be simliar to www.theblizzard.co.uk but be free and download only and purely about FM.

If people want to contribute then they should drop me a PM so I know which community members would contribute and help whenever they can. This will be very much a SI Community project so the more of you onboard the better.

Trust you to be on it already! Ha ha.

Well, if Cleon's onboard and has writers then best to PM him as he's arguably the best writer (in terms of tactics) on this board.

Will you be having articles on real players, past present and future?

A cool feature to have would be Challange of the month? With a some kind of summary from last month with 1st 2nd and 3rd place etc. And maybe crown a challanger of the year award or 6 months or something.

A cool feature to have would be Challange of the month? With a some kind of summary from last month with 1st 2nd and 3rd place etc. And maybe crown a challanger of the year award or 6 months or something.

Could you clarify what you mean? What challenges are set and how would the challenger of the year be crowned?

I'll be using PDF.

Had loads of support from here on this today both from the users and SI themselves. I hopefully will have a mock up edition done in the next few weeks to give people a clearer view of what it will be about and the general layout.

So have you got many contributer? What articles have you got in mind? I was thinking of a Mag along the lines of Four Four Two but for the FM Community.

I've got about 80 people wanting to contribute atm for when FM13 is out. Got website to host it. I just need to think of a name for it and do a mock up so people can see what we'll be offering and to see how indepth the articles are and to see the vast range of things we cover.

We'll have;

Competitions

Interviews with leading people from the community

Prizes to be won

Articles on tactics, training, players etc

A section on LLM

Have a running theme about career games

The future of FM and what direction can we expect to see the game going in future versions

whats hot and whats not

Might be able to get a few famous people to give their views on Football Manager if I can call in a few favours.

There is loads more and not just the above but I don't want to give everything away before people can actually see for themselves.

Each version will follow a different direction and theme so every single version would be different and unique :)

hope to see this been playing this game for many years but would be cool to see this. I like the idea of challenges however I believe that with the help of FMRTE there would be no way of telling who or who have not done it legitimately.

If you are going to add people's gaming career's I nominate Dafuge his current one is amazing if you are looking at YT's I would nominate EvolvingMick1986 friendly chap does a couple a game done with Alloa, Portsmouth England and Moignhan?

Good luck with it. It sounds grand! A little bit jealous you got there before me but I can already tell it's very ambitious. Hopefully there will be room for some guest writers for the odd edition. Hint hint. :applause:

Good luck with it. It sounds grand! A little bit jealous you got there before me but I can already tell it's very ambitious. Hopefully there will be room for some guest writers for the odd edition. Hint hint. :applause:

All the writers will be guests really and from the community and we'll try and fit as many people in as we can. So if people want to help or contribute then drop me a PM

The response from people wanting to help off here as been excellent. A few of you are writing things up :)

However if anyone else is wanting to help out we are looking for content/articles that are a bit different and that are not tactic related. So if anyone is interested drop me a PM :)

• 3 months later...

I created one and sent it to a few trusted people who I thought would offer feedback before I released it. However, how mistaken was I. They passed it off as their own and stole everything and released it as their own. I got it removed in the end but still, I wasted 3 months on this and having someone else take the credit for it was a real kick in the teeth. Since then I've not had the energy to put much effort into another yet.

I created one and sent it to a few trusted people who I thought would offer feedback before I released it. However, how mistaken was I. They passed it off as their own and stole everything and released it as their own. I got it removed in the end but still, I wasted 3 months on this and having someone else take the credit for it was a real kick in the teeth. Since then I've not had the energy to put much effort into another yet.

Sorry to hear that mate. Dont worry though karma will sort them out in the end...... :)

That's very sad. Give their forum nicks at least, so we would know their true face.

sad indeed. i was just about to offer to contribute but i don't suppose you'll be in a mood to start all over from scratch.

if you do want to have another go at it, be sure to let me know, i'll gladly help out if/where i can.

Archived