Sports Interactive Community
dim13

Advanced Panel question - creating a league with split ?

Could someone please tell me how to create a league with a split ?

Example, I want to create a league with 20 teams, after 1 round (19 games) the league is split #1-10 and #11-20 with 9 additional games within each split. This is very simple and easy to do with the Basic Editor, however I need to do this with existing leagues I have with the Advanced Panel. Would the split need to be done as a separate stages ? Thank you.

Create your first league stage as you normally would, with schedule, match and sub rules etc. for the first 19 games, setting number of rounds to 1. Make sure 'Top team are champions' in the league settings page is ticked. Set any relegation rules etc. you want for your league in this stage.

Below the usual relegation rules section, there's an option to 'Process early finish'. Enable that, then set the 'league separator at early finish' option to 10 (while making sure not to set the 'second league separator...' option) and set the number of rounds after split for both sections to 1.

In the section marked 'Extra league games', add an item for both groups, stages 1 and 2, min games 9, then set the top and bottom positions for the two groups, remembering that position 1 is 0, position 20 is 19 etc.. In 'Qualification rules', again create two more items. Untick the league fate box so its blank, then for each one set the appropriate positions. Call one Championship group, the other relegation group or whatever you want to call them.

Then create two more league stages, one for each half of the league, using the stage names and stage indices you set up for the extra league game and qualification rules. In the stage requirements tab, add the main stage. In the teams tab, you want 'Get Qualified Teams from Stage', with stage set as 0 and the Main Stage Name set as Championship Group or whatever.

Make sure both have the 'Top team are champions' option is set to no (i.e. left hand tickbox is ticked, but option box isn't), along with the hidden stage option. Set it to process results into stage 0. Set sub rules etc. along with creating your schedule, and , assuming I haven't forgotten anything, should be done.

Thank you for your help and for the very clear instructions - I really do appreciate it. I'm very close, the first 19 games are played, the league is split, but the second group of 9 games after the split never get scheduled (and never get played). I'm missing something simple, but can't figure out what it is.

Got it working. I changed some of the other settings I had, not sure which was causing the problem. Thank you again.