Why is he bugging me for first team football

Have you talked to him about it? He hasn't retired yet so you have to make him happy by talking. If you tried and failed and didn't sell the first time he moaned you may have to put with him being unhappy until the end. If you can still talk to him then perhaps tell him you will let him go at the end of the season.

KB, don't even try to figure out the idiocies FM have put into the scources & reasons behind requests for first team football. I have had players I have signed as back-up for first team, average youngsters, etc. demanding this. My initial advice is to just ignore it & give him more first team football if you really want him to stay with you. NEVER, ever have the conversation with him, that's a poisoned chalice!

This element needs serious revision/attention in the next incarnation.

Have you talked to him about it? He hasn't retired yet so you have to make him happy by talking. If you tried and failed and didn't sell the first time he moaned you may have to put with him being unhappy until the end. If you can still talk to him then perhaps tell him you will let him go at the end of the season.

First time round told him I was boss he accepted and also agreed to tutor. He left with a higher morale than he started! Have ignored him this time.

Archived