4-1-2-3 Engine Expoliter by Hazza22299

Introduction

First of all, I would like to state that this is an edit of the fantastic "Grid System Tactics" tactic made by the now 'retired' author Tactikzz. I'd also like to thank Medmax massively, he has contributed INCREDIBLY to the development of this tactic and deserves his own crediting in the OP (Look at his results below). Also massive credit to W4NKER and cragswfc (goals goals goals and more goals) who found weaknesses in the match engine. The main reason I decided to edit the grid system tactic was that it already contained most of the exploits within the tactic. Here is the List of Match Engine Exploits if you'd like to see for yourself. This is a "classic" tactic. Also credit to Hectorotoro1234 for some screenshots.

The Formation

screenshot20120704at160.png

This 4-1-2-3 formation with 3 central strikers is part of the list of exploits and it works because the two wider strikers man mark the full backs and the central defenders can't handle so many strikers.

The Corner Exploit

The infamous corner tactic has been included in this tactic, basically your central striker will score 20+ goals a season just from corners especially if his Anticipation, Heading and Jumping attributes are good. Although this is not vital to the tactic, I recommend you leave the corner settings how they are but if you prefer more realism or are just plain against the corner exploit, feel free to remove it.

Tactical Notes

1) Your central striker, with the help of the striker settings on 'goals goals goals and more goals' by craigswfc, will be your main source of goals, he can score up to 130 goals in a single season. Important attributes in order are Off the Ball, Pace, Finishing (Obviously), Dribbling, Composure, Anticipation, Jumping, Heading. There is no striker with great scores in all of those attributes so prioritise the earlier attributes that I have given.

2) Do not change the wide strikers to wingers, this completely destroys one of the main elements of this tactic, try to train the wingers to strikers or just sell them if they aren't great. This is the only problem with this tactic.

3) Your central midfielders will need good mental attributes in Creativity, Teamwork and Work Rate. Bravery is also important. They will need good Passing and Technique and as a bonus Long Shots. Even Henderson plays well in this role!

4) If the opposition instructions aren't already on then make sure the 2 wide midfielders are on "Show to Weaker Foot", nothing else.

5) Match Preparation: Teamwork - Very High until fluid then

Defensive Positioning - Average

Pitch size: Standard, although it doesn't make much difference.

6) Defenders, especially full backs will need Pace, particularly if you don't have a good attack. Anticipation, concentration and positioning for centre backs.

7) I recommend you use this ParkThePlane 4-3-1-2 v2 - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats tactic as a backup to my one. It's very defensive and useful if you're playing big teams or when you want to see out a game. Use this if you concede a lot.

8) Before you start go to 'Tactics' and then 'Set Pieces' and both of your CMs to where it says "Playmaker" and your middle striker to where it says "Target Man".

9) For version 2, do the following: Player Instructions/Select the Wide Strikers/Set marking to specific and set them like so: STCR-DL and STCR-DR. It may already be set for you.

Version 1 link: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=6774

Version 2 link: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=6816

There has been a lot of confusion with the wide striker player instructions. I have reviewed and edited them. The changes are in version 2. Re-download the version 2 link for the changes.

If the tactic is fine and you're not conceding many goals then untick marking on the wide strikers. (For version 2).

Training:

I use a training schedule called "Furious Training", it can be found on the Sports Interactive Forums: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279751-Training-The-Furious-Way?highlight=training+furious.

Team Talks:

Pre-Match:

Against every single opponent : Aggressive- I expect a win

No individual team talk to any player regardless of whether they react negatively or are unresponsive

Half time: Unless 5+ goals clear (5-0/6-1/8-3) then selecPre-Match:

Against every single opponent : Aggressive- I expect a win

No individual team talk to any player regardless of whether they react negatively or are unresponsive

Half time: Unless 5+ goals clear (5-0/6-1/8-3) then select Aggressive---> Not happy with performance

If you are 5+ goals clear then select assistant to take the team talk

If a player with a half time rating above 7.2 reacts negatively or is unresponsive then passionately tell him you are happy with his performance

If a player with a half time rating below 7.2 reacts negatively or is unresponsive then passionately tell him that you have faith in him

Full time:

Win: Passionately Well done/Happy with performance

Draw/Lose: Aggressively: Not happy with performance

*Team meetings as soon as you lose a game or draw having played badly in order to stop a negative run of results.

I would be very grateful for any feedback so please rate and leave a comment/post some screenshots if it has helped you, thanks!

Results

zlatanibrahimovicovervi.png

screenshot20120711at194.png

zhnp9.png

I sincerely apologise for the lack of response on this website, I'd completely forgot I posted it here! I will try to be as active as possible and I hope to upload my images as soon as i can

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jimmyrh94

Yeah I bought Hamsik as my playmaker and dragged him in set pieces as play maker. My target man is Hernandez. He scored almost 90 goals. Rooney played on the right CF role and he scored loads aswell. I am sure if I played Rooney as target man he would have been unstoppable.

Central mids need tackling and marking? Or they more creative?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My centre mids were Hamsik and Anderson and they played excellent. I think creative mids suits better because they play so many killer passes.

@jimmyrh94

Yeah I bought Hamsik as my playmaker and dragged him in set pieces as play maker. My target man is Hernandez. He scored almost 90 goals. Rooney played on the right CF role and he scored loads aswell. I am sure if I played Rooney as target man he would have been unstoppable.

But did you tick target man in team insturtions?

Just as dirty as Grid! Thought i would post as not much up. Used this 75% of time second season rest i used my decent 442 as i have wingers. Won the league buy 26 points 121 goals. 29 let in.

teamaf.png

milannu.png

74658234.png

Obv had Cisse and Ba upfront. Obertan/Cassano both helped out upfront but were not really suited so i reckon more goals/assists to come. Would recommend strikers with good first touch with the stats stated above

The corner routine i might switch Taylor rather then Cisse to get some dirty goals. Looks better.

Need to go have a shower now after all this dirty exsploiting.

Just as dirty as Grid! Thought i would post as not much up. Used this 75% of time second season rest i used my decent 442 as i have wingers. Won the league buy 26 points 121 goals. 29 let in.

teamaf.png

milannu.png

74658234.png

Obv had Cisse and Ba upfront. Obertan/Cassano both helped out upfront but were not really suited so i reckon more goals/assists to come. Would recommend strikers with good first touch with the stats stated above

The corner routine i might switch Taylor rather then Cisse to get some dirty goals. Looks better.

Need to go have a shower now after all this dirty exsploiting.

do you use target man and playmaker?

• 2 weeks later...

since I was slightly curious about how this tactic would work I decided to try it for parts of a friendly vs hearts of oak (a rather small team from ghana), anyway I feel its very much the same old same old, very attacking, defense is way to static, the play is a bit to rushed and the transition play is sub par (my team was clearing the ball away in panic on many occasions, something I dont see often from them), im sure it would work if you want to score lots of goals and have suitable players, but its not really going to do much else

if you want to improve it you should probably have a look at the defense and experiment with higher time wasting setings

since I was slightly curious about how this tactic would work I decided to try it for parts of a friendly vs hearts of oak (a rather small team from ghana), anyway I feel its very much the same old same old, very attacking, defense is way to static, the play is a bit to rushed and the transition play is sub par (my team was clearing the ball away in panic on many occasions, something I dont see often from them), im sure it would work if you want to score lots of goals and have suitable players, but its not really going to do much else

if you want to improve it you should probably have a look at the defense and experiment with higher time wasting setings

Have you tested it for longer than part of a friendly? Anyway thanks for the feedback, I'll look into changing the time wasting settings.

Archived