What's your best ever feeling on Football Manager?

Turning my Oxford United into a regular Championship side. Tiny in comparison to most of you guy's achievements, but having success with my local team is much more special to me than any Champions League win or Premier League win I've had with a top side.

Easy one for me. Had a long-term FM11 Stockport game, got them up to the Prem, won the Champs League etc and became England manager. World Cup 2022 rolled around, I'd invested heavily in my Stockport youth system and had a few good young English players in my Stockport team, and took them to the WC too.

Got to the final, 0-0 against France at 90mins. 115th minute or thereabouts, one of my Stockport youth products - a deep-lying playmaker newgen called Darren Pearson - drove through midfield and drilled it from 25 yards into the bottom left corner and won me the World Cup.

Doesn't get better than that.

Coming back in the game after the opponent scores a fluke goal early on.

First thing that happens in the game: they cross from out wide, but the ball is deflected into the heel of another of my players, ends up in front of an opponent who shoots but the shot is blocked while my keeper hurls himself where the shot should have ended up. Ball runs loose and my defender clears it into the back of the head of another defender, which their striker has anticipated all along and scores with a double backflip back-of-the-head reverse diving header.

Usually something like that. Fluke upon fluke upon fluke upon fluke goal.

My TV gets a verbal whooping.

Then the team fights itself back in the game the hard, conventional way. The TV gets another verbal whooping. "Back at ya, B***!!!"

Poor TV...

I'm trying to get a stadium named after me, but on my current save last night my 19 year old prodigy midfielder scored a double to bring me back from 0-2 to 2-2 against my local rivals after playing 70 minutes with only 10 men... They are near the bottom, I'm chasing the title, it was a classic local derby where the underdog sticks it to their more-fancied big neighbours.

Leapt off my feet when he scored the second. Girlfriend seemed less enthused.

Archived