Football Manager Tactics - YouTube Series

Hello everybody, as you can probably tell from my post count I am a frequenter to the forums. I have always been interested on how the tactics change games which lead me to develop my 3-5-2 system with KFK in Iceland. In this years game I started a journey in the Eastern realms of Europe. As it stands I find myself managing Chemnitz and Spain.

The first episode of this series focuses on my Spain tactic which I dub a "4-6-0", in many respects it plays in a very similar manner to how Spain played during the Euros, just with added potency it seems. Anyways, less of me speaking and onto the video!

[video=youtube;es4Po8IfVos]

Imho, it was 11 minutes of talking about your tactic, where you could have used half of the time to talk about it and the other half to SHOW us the tactic in action. Especially the Treq on full attacking mentality. It's an interesting idea that we never got to see. You have the advantage over guys who post 3 or 4 screenshots of an attacking move, in that you can show us the whole move in a few seconds. Unless of course you were planning to do this for episode 2?

@jimbob It is setup like that, but like many things it doesn't play like it. Often the "striker" drops deeper than my AMC

@sinnott So not losing in normal time for the 3 years I have been in charge, with never having lower than 55% possession. Also it does play like a 4-6-0, how things look in the tactics and how they play are different.

@Hunter A lot of people don't bother to explain the reasoning behind the choices in there tactics so I thought I would try and show people the way I think. I can go and do another episode showing how it works, I might do it during the world cup :) Episode 2 will be about my Chemnitz tactic :)

@Hunter A lot of people don't bother to explain the reasoning behind the choices in there tactics so I thought I would try and show people the way I think.

I liked that you explained everything. No problem there. :thup:

I can go and do another episode showing how it works, I might do it during the world cup :)

Now THAT I'll be looking out for!

Episode 2 will be about my Chemnitz tactic :)

:thup:

Thanks for the video. The position Ortiz is playing is quite an interesting one. Something that I've picked up on from watching this is that Sanz (your AML) was very wasteful with crosses. He seemed to be very isolated as well. Would it not be better to play someone who cuts inside rather like maybe an Inside Forward? Your play down the middle seems fine and the play on the right as well. The crossing is also better from the right.

Must say that pass for the second goal was a beauty. :thup:

Being a very talented player he gets quite a lot of freedom and I think it lets him show the quality that he has. That was Sanz's first cap (if I remember correctly) so I am not too bothered about his performance. I could have subbed him off but we were winning and I wanted him to have the chance to prove himself for his country.

• 2 weeks later...

I have returned to showcase the Spain tactics against varying qualities of opposition during the World Cup warm up games and the World Cup itself, first off we have Uruguay:

[video=youtube;IiMXDGHk-ng]

Chemnitz videos are great! I'm yet to see Spain ones.

Since you have 3 at the back, without offside trap, have you tried to stagger center backs? Simplest way is to have middle one on cover.

Cleon had interesting approach of having (left to right) stopper, regular defender and cover. Ball winner was positioned on the right side of central midfield so he dropped back in front of the covering CB.

I haven't I am not too confident with the different defensive roles as I tend to find that they pull 1 of them away which leaves a 2 on 2 which is never going to end well. I am currently working on a slightly different tactic but I don;t think I am going to be doing videos on it until FM13, I have the basic framework set up and ready and depending on how the ME changes I will try and adapt it to work. But a 6-0 win when you are 10-1 outsiders shows that the tactic works ;D

Archived