longest gaming session

seen as it rained all day yesterday and i normaly cricket i found my self on fm for most of the day like the good dold days :)

was just wondering if there's any folks out there who have had a mammoth sesh or any stories like they missed work cos they was on fm all nyt :p?

I've done the odd 9am through till 1am sessions... though I had to cut myself off cold turkey style as it was taking over my life last time. Think I can go back in for 2013 but I'd need to being extremely disciplined.

When I get a weeks holiday soon, I'll maybe try a 12 hour session with 30 min lunch and dinner breaks

love how youve planned it but bet you still end up having lunch infront of the computer :p

When I have a free day, I will drag myself out of bed about 11am and go on FM about 1pm and stay on it till 5pm, but I try to go on it for about an hour at least every day, I don't go for one long session normally, just on it regularly!

I once done 6pm to 1pm the following day on FM 2007, I eventually fell asleep at my desk, snoozed for an hour, woke up and went to bad. This was back when I was self employed and had no work on.

One of the reasons my gf finished with me at the time was due to too much gaming, although she blamed Knights of The Old Republic more than FM, which I was also playing like a trooper.

I used to book 1 week off work once the new FM came out and play it solidly. I'd spend 8 hours of a day cooking, cleaning and sleeping, the rest was on football manager. I haven't done it since FM 2009 due to girlfriend and kids. But it wasn't uncommon for me to play FM from 5am until 1am the following morning. Surviving off ready meals and coffee. Can spend 8 hours playing at the minute (when kids are at grandparents) but only progress a month. In my current save I started it back in early march and just yesterday finished my first season.

I used to book 1 week off work once the new FM came out and play it solidly. I'd spend 8 hours of a day cooking, cleaning and sleeping, the rest was on football manager. I haven't done it since FM 2009 due to girlfriend and kids. But it wasn't uncommon for me to play FM from 5am until 1am the following morning. Surviving off ready meals and coffee. Can spend 8 hours playing at the minute (when kids are at grandparents) but only progress a month. In my current save I started it back in early march and just yesterday finished my first season.

Jeez Gazza, what are you doing that takes so long?

I have no idea mate. I watch key highlights during a game. I look at the clock when I start and it can be 8 hours later and I've progressed a month or so. I think the longest I've spent without progressing far was taking 4 hours to progress 2 weeks playing 4 matches, outside of the transfer window as well!

I do go quite in depth when setting training and tactics but my game just runs slow

For some reason though my FM12 has taken ages to "continue" sometimes taking 15 minutes to progress a few hours in game. I press continue and I have enough time to go for a cigarette and make a coffee and the game is still continuing (this is to progress one to two day) it has been doing this since my youth intake. I am running England down to bsn/s. Only edits is for real fixtures. Its quite strange.

I often book a week off in early November and get stuck into the editor. I've also taken time off in the past when The Ashes is on in Australia, I would stay up all night watching the cricket and playing FM. Would go to bed at 8am for about 4 hours, then up at midday to play FM for the next 20 hours, with all meals consumed at my desk.

Can't do that anymore since moving in with my girlfriend.

Archived