Has there ever been a part-time club in the Champions League Group Stages before?

I'm asking this because I'm managing Havnar Bóltfelag at the moment who are a part-time club from the Faroe Islands and we got through the first two phases into the Champions Playoff. I barely got past NK Maribor of Slovenia in the first phase and I beat FC Basel 4-1 over the two legs in the second phase. Maccabi Haifa are the last club in my way from the first appearance of a Faroese club in the Champions League Group Stages, so I'm getting a bit excited. :D

That's pretty good going mate. I've never played as a part-time club apart from TMS in the Welsh league and got smashed in the first qualifying round. Good luck!! Let me know what happens!

Ireland have had a few professional teams, although they did go bust, and I think Derry were kicked out of the league for producing false documents to hide their financial issues.

Shamrock Rovers is a full professional club.

I'm asking this because I'm managing Havnar Bóltfelag at the moment who are a part-time club from the Faroe Islands and we got through the first two phases into the Champions Playoff. I barely got past NK Maribor of Slovenia in the first phase and I beat FC Basel 4-1 over the two legs in the second phase. Maccabi Haifa are the last club in my way from the first appearance of a Faroese club in the Champions League Group Stages, so I'm getting a bit excited. :D

I wonder if you made it!

Archived