Crazy Results

What is the craziest result you have ever seen on FM? Here is mine, Barcelona beat Marseille 6-0 in the first leg of the Champions League quarter final. This is a crazy, yet believeable result. However, the second result is where FM gets silly and loses credibility, there is no way in a million years this would happen:

ombarca.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Barcelona didn't have any players sent off either! What's the craziest result you have ever seen?

Wow is about the only word I can muster.

EDIT: City did beat UNited 7-1 at Old Trafford this season remember, I know its not 11-2 but its still a crazy result. Italy beating Germany in the Euros? thats still a mad result, Blackburn winning at Old Trafford. Crazy results do happen, although not 11-2 :p

What the.... Did they put Messi in goal or something?

Messi played in the hole just behind the two strikers. It was a full strength Barcelona team although I am in year 2017, so there's quite a few regens on my game now and I very much doubt anything like that could happen with the current Barcelona team. Marseille had 19 shots on goal with 12 of them being on target, so it seems they scored from 11 of their 12 shots on goal!

that is a hell of a result, especially after a 6-nil tonking. well done you!!! i'm liverpool and i beat them 5-1 at camp nou during the champs league group stages. other than that, i just have pretty large beatings in the EPL. so far after 23 games i have 98 goals scored (my record for 38 games is 123).

that is a hell of a result, especially after a 6-nil tonking. well done you!!! i'm liverpool and i beat them 5-1 at camp nou during the champs league group stages. other than that, i just have pretty large beatings in the EPL. so far after 23 games i have 98 goals scored (my record for 38 games is 123).

I would love to take credit for that amazing turnaround, but just to clarify, I am not either of those teams and I haven't tampered with anything. I was just continuing with my save and this result came up.

0175E4D5128C4E01F9AF711B47D26B97BD445F8D

- crazy reserve matches, i got no control over those

8DFA07D6768BE5BBD413F6FD3DC238F9723B9DDD

of course. i have beaten them at home by 6-0 as well (fire team i have scored 6 past home and away, and i put 6 past real madrid, chelsea arsenal and man city, 7 past swansea and 8 past Norwich

C33F2CE6F7ECFE1933E923B886F906B51674CE01

i just do not know. seen a few results like the norwich one as well.

B5047F217DC5377F4DB5C99BA6E6E82BCD89E93D

saved this one as it was just plain bizzare, seen chelseas cities and arsenals scoring 6 or 7 in the odd game, never seen Newcastle decimate one

Craziest result I had was a 6-5 win, as Bologna, playing at Palermo (Me being a regular CL side, them being mid-table). They got the first two goals but half-time I was leading 3-2. Then they equalised three times, followed each time by Bologna scoring after. They got the final equalising goal in the third minute of injury time (scheduled 3 minutes), then my team scored the winner in Fergie time (90+5).

I had to post this one (the game just finished!)

Not a crazy result in terms of number of goals scored but I thought a crazy result in terms of the actual result.

The game is the Club World Championship Semi-Final and features

Brisbane Roar (me) - A-League and Asian Champions, with a total salary of $64,659 per week for the entire club

vs

Manchester United - English and European Champions, the most decorated club in English Football, who's top striker (Wayne Rooney) earns $275,000 per week (my entire club combined earns 23% of his weekly salary)

The final result...

screenshot20120705at124.png

I literally jumped out of my seat when Sasa Ognenovski scored the final penalty!

What is the craziest result you have ever seen on FM? Here is mine, Barcelona beat Marseille 6-0 in the first leg of the Champions League quarter final. This is a crazy, yet believeable result. However, the second result is where FM gets silly and loses credibility, there is no way in a million years this would happen:

ombarca.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Barcelona didn't have any players sent off either! What's the craziest result you have ever seen?

Woow, feel sorry for your game, that should be looked into

Oh my days, that Leeds v Barcelona result is incredible! I just beat Man Utd 5-1 in the Champions League final (I beat Marseille in the semi's 4-3 on aggragate after they thrashed Barcelona in the quarter's coincidentally), but I was 4-0 up after 26 minutes and I was 5-0 up at half time!

This is indeed insane, supposing that nothing was designed there.

Obviously, I have not had anything similar in any of my games before. I've see my mate losing an EPL match 10-6 with Norwich against Liverpool though. But that must have been on CM3 00/01.

I think that winning a two-legged tie after a 6-0 away loss is something which has yet to happen in rl football...

even more so against Barcelona.

I think that winning a two-legged tie after a 6-0 away loss is something which has yet to happen in rl football...

even more so against Barcelona.

In the 1984 UEFA Cup, QPR faced off against Partizan with the first leg being on the artificial turf of Loftus Road.

In that first leg, QPR dominated and went on to win by a 6-2 score and appeared that they would make it onto the next round of the UEFA Cup really easily.

However, the Yugoslav side was prepared. It became only the second ever team in UEFA history to come from behind by four goals to advance in any competition, as Mance, Kalicanin, Jesic and Zivkovic were on target for Partizan at Partizan Stadium and Partizan advanced onto the third round against Videoton.

On December 21, 1957, Charlton Athletic hosted Huddersfield United at the Valley in a Division Two matchup. Early on, Charlton's Derek Ufton dislocated his shoulder in the 17th minute on the Valley's cold pitch, causing him to be taken off but Charlton had no substitutes, causing the Addicks to be down to ten men for the rest of the match.

Huddersfield was able to take advantage of this by scoring two goals before the half. After a goal by Johnny Summers at the beginning of the second half, which cut the deficit in half, Charlton appeared to have a chance at a comeback.

But Huddersfield continued to pile on goals, as it scored three more times and held a 5-1 lead with 28 minutes to go. But both Johnny Ryan and Summers scored within two minutes for Charlton. And Summers then scored two more goals within the next five minutes, tying the game at five with 15 minutes to go.

With nine minutes to go, Summers registered his fifth of the afternoon, giving Charlton a 6-5 lead. However, Huddersfield somehow got a goal out of Stan Howard off a deflected shot with four minutes to go, tying the game at six.

But Charlton Athletic never gave up and in the 89th minute, Ryan was able to convert a Summers cross to give Charlton Athletic an improbable 7-6 victory in the biggest comeback in European football history.

There certainly have been epic comebacks!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/296758-ten-greatest-comebacks-wins-in-european-football-history

Was waiting to be proven wrong already :D

But apparently even going back to 1957, we have no winner yet...

I also remember epic comebacks from the 80ies. Real winning 4-0 at home after löosing 1-5 away to Gladbach. Or most famously (in Germany) Uerdingen coming back from 0-2 away and 1-3 at home at half time to win 7-3.

But turning a 0-6 around... and that not even on just one goal difference in the aggregate result...

Considering the game is played by 100,000's perhaps even millions of people, and it's a football simulation game, and I myself have started about 20 games since I bought FM.

Thank for example if a million people are playing the game - and say on average they go through 10 saved games. That's 10,000,000 football manager simulations alone.

And surely in some of these simulations there are going to be odd results. The permutations you can get from 10,000,000, or even 10,000 simulated saved games in Football Manager is astronomical.

There will be odd results. And just because in real life it hasn't happened since 1957 (or close to it) doesn't mean that records cannot be broken. I've played into a 100 years in the game before. And all sorts of crazy things happen. But that's football.

Not sure that we are talking about the same thing here.

At least I take no offense in that happening. It's obviously a freak result. And nothing more than the extreme freakiness of the result is what we are on about.

No need to defend the game against unmade accusations :)

I'm not defending anything :confused:

I'm just saying the permutations of results of 100,000's users over the course of 10 - 20 saves are astronomical. There's going to be a weird result from time to time.

If memory serves me correctly, I think I remember AC Milan beating Deportivo 4-1 and then Deportivo won the return leg 4-0, that's the biggest turnaround I can remember in recent times.

I've once beaten Benfica 7:1 away as Vitesse, I went down to 10 men in 20th minute when my key DM broke Douglas Costa's leg. And back in the FM11 days, on my Newcastle save, I've had this.

1oxaq1.jpg

[video=youtube;58W5EF1L5S8]

Great story, that's what the game is all about! But to be fair when my team won the Champions League final, my players were running around celebrating when the final whistle went. But I lost the FA Cup final earlier in the season and the majority of my team collapsed to the turf dejected after the loss, so they have done something on FM12 to get your players to react to the highs and lows of victory and defeat in big games.

... they have done something on FM12 to get your players to react to the highs and lows of victory and defeat in big games.

They've also got away from the bizarre scenario where players reacted to the result on the night, regardless of aggregate scores. You'd have losers celebrating and winners down and depressed!

Archived