The CSE UEFA Euro 2012 - Game Thread!

Ukraine Squad Announced

Following months of speculation, as260191 has today confirmed his Ukraine squad for the European Championships, with a number of surprise picks in his 23 man squad.

GK

Olexandr Rybka

Maxym Koval

Andriy Pyatov

Defence

Dmytro Chygrynskyi

Eugene Khacheridi

Sergiy Kyrtsov

Vitaly Mandzyuk

aroslav Rakitskyi

Taras Mykhalyk

Artem Fedetskyi

Igor Oschypko

Midfield

Anatoliy Tymoschuk

Roman Neustadter

Taras Stepanenko

Denys Oliynyk

Denys Garmash

Oleg Gusev

Eugene Konoplyanka

Olexandr Aliev

Roman Zozulya

Attack

Andriy Yarmolenko

Artem Milevskyi

Eugene Selezhyov

Reserves

Andriy Dykan

Olexandr Romanchuk

Bogdan Butko

Olexandr Kucher

Igor Khudobyak

Vladyslav Kalitvintsev

Volodymyr Polyovyi

Andriy Voronin

With no Shevchenko in sight, there are thoughts that his international career may well be over, Voronin and Dykan, both stalwarts of previous sides only make the reserves list also. All eyes will be on Ukraine's 4-4-1-1 to see how they can cope against vastly more experienced sides. A number of youngsters have successfully claimed spots, and Roman Neustadter looks set to switch allegience from Germany in exchange for a potential starting midfield spot.

The representative from Ireland was prepared to announce their squad selection but he stopped by the pub on the way and hasn't been seen since. Just assume that everyone you expected would be there I guess.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjT6RAsBwxZJPOl00LFbxJ-peBr_1k8LNZO7vaZ-2RzRwrySZO

Greece Euro 2012 Squad

Goalkeepers:

Michalis Sifakis

Alexandros Tzorvas

Stefanos Kapinos

Defenders:

Vangelis Moras

Loukas Vyntra

Sokratis Papastathopoutos

Avraan Papadopoulos

Kyriakos Papadopoulos

Vasilis Torosidis

Giannis Maniatis

Jose Holebas

Giorgos Tzavellas

Midfielders:

Vaslis Pliatsikas

Andreas Samaris

Kostas Katsouranis

Grigoris Makos

Andreas Tatos

Sotiris Ninis

Giannis Fetfatzidis

Kostas Fortounis

Forwards:

Dimitris Salpingidis

Lazaros Christodoulopoulos

Pantelis Kapetanos

Stand-by List:

Player 24: Stefanos Athanasiadis

Player 25: Dimitris Kolovas

Player 26: Dimitris Slovas

Player 27: Angelos Charisteas

Player 28: Alexandros Tziolis

Player 29: Giannis Zaradoukas

Player 30: Orestis Karnezis (GK)

Greece coach Kristopher Scott has announced his final squad for UEFA EURO 2012 after cutting down his initial 30-player selection to 23, with Alexandros Tziolis and Panagiotis Kone the players to miss out.

Tziolis, who started five matches in qualifying, has played just three times for AS Monaco FC since joining them in February and his lack of first-team action was a cause of concern for the Greece coach. When asked about the player after naming his provisional squad, Scott said: "We know that Tziolis hasn’t played enough this season. But that's why we take players along to the training camp, to check out their condition. We have placed him on the stand-by list as you can never be sure what is around the corner"

Midfielder Kone, on the other hand, has been a mainstay in Bologna FC's side this season, but Scott must have felt he had enough options in his position. One surprise name included is that of Kostas Fortounis. The 19-year-old 1. FC Kaiserslautern winger has just two caps to his name but impressed enough during training to persuade the English coach to include him.

France Euro 2012 squad announced

Today, head coach TheGreatTraveler named his 23 man squad for the tournament and the 7 reserves in case of an injury. The biggest shock is Lassanna Diarra coming into the team, while Debuchy is rested.

Goal-Keepers: Hugo Lloris, Steve Mandanda, and Cedric Carrasso.

Defenders: Bacary Sagna, Antoine Revelliere, Gael Clichy, Patrice Evra, Philippe Mexes, Laurent Koscielny, Mamadou Sakho, and Adil Rami

Midfielders: Lassanna Diarra, Yohan Cabaye, Yann M'Villa, Moussa Sissoko, Florent Malouda, Franck Ribery, Samir Nasri, Jeremy Menez, Mathieu Valbuena

Strikers: Karim Benzema, Kevin Gameiro, Loic Remy.

The 7 players left in reserve will be:

1. Marvin Martin

2. Alou Diarra

3. Younes Kaboul

4. Mathieu Debuchy

5. Aly Cissokho

6. Jimmy Briand

7. Antoine Griezman

Players im surprised you didnt bring up:

Samaras

Mitroglou

Samaras is arguable the second best forward on the team and Mitroglou is a poor mans ibrahimovic

Left out Mitroglou for Lazaros Christodoulopoulos as he is more versatile. I am playing an odd kinda of formation so felxabiltiy is needed.

Samaras is out purley as i have done two test tournements and he has been nothing short of woeful in both... Plus his hair is awful.

ITALY EUROPEAN SQUAD ANNOUNCED

There was great excitement today when the Italian management announced the squad for the upcoming tournament in Poland and Ukraine. After the recent match fixing troubles in the Italian domestic game its seems the nation is looking to the national team to restore some pride and hopes are high that they can go all the way. Drawn in Group B with co-hosts Poland, Russia and Republic of Ireland, Italy are favorites to win the group but must guard against complacency as, at this level, anyone can beat anyone.

1. Gianluigi Buffon

2. Salvatore Sirigu

3. Emiliano Viviano

4. Salvatore Bochetti

5. Giorgio Chiellini

6. Andrea Rannochia

7. Leonardo Bonnucci

8. Dominico Criscito

9. Mattia Cassani

10. Ignazio Abate

11. Daniele De Rossi

12. Antonio Nocerino

13. Angelo Palombo

14. Federico Balzeretti

15. Andrea Poli

16. Andrea Pirlo

17. Claudio Marchesio

18. Riccardo Montilivo

19. Antonio Cassano

20. Fabio Quagliarella

21. Mario Balotelli

22. Giuseppe Rossi

23. Giampaolo Pazzini

Italy have also asked the following 7 players to stand by in case any players drop out from the original 23.

24. Davide Santon

25. Davide Astori

26. Marco Amelia

27. Emanuele Giacherrini

28. Marco Boriello

29. Alessandro Matri

30. Antonio Candreva

Loving the announcements guys! KUTGW! Working on selecting your squads now.

DEADLINE FOR SQUAD SELECTION IS SUNDAY 00:01 AM

Sorry this is so late guys, I'm working Friday and Saturday so thought I would give you some extra time!

Czech Squad:

GK:

1. Petr Cech.

2. Jaroslav Drobny.

3. Jan Lastuka.

DEF:

4. Michal Kadlec.

5. Zdenek Grygera.

6. Tomas Ujfalusi.

7. Tomas Hubschman.

8. Tomas Sivok.

9. David Rozehnal.

10. Marek Suchy.

11. Jiri Jarosik.

MID:

12. Jaroslav Plasil.

13. Daniel Kolar.

14. Milan Petrzela.

15. Kamil Vacek.

16. Petr Jiracek.

17. Jan Polak.

18. Jan Moravek.

19. David Jarolim.

ATT:

20. Milan Baros.

21. Vaclav Pilar.

22. Vaclav Kadlec.

23. Jan Chramosta.

That is all :-)

WhoopyD - It seems to have been a whole CSE forum wide event, almost every thread is down on activity from FM11, which was lower than FM10, and down from FM09's peak, and all the sign-ups slowly dropped off from then as well, I think only the Youth Only thread and Big Euro Challenge have increased in post counts this season.

I'm really sorry guys, I am struggling to get this done I am busy working Monday to Saturday and as a result I sleep through Sundays. I will try get it done one evening this week though! I hope to host the game as a server so you can watch your matches live as they are played!

I'm really sorry guys, I am struggling to get this done I am busy working Monday to Saturday and as a result I sleep through Sundays. I will try get it done one evening this week though! I hope to host the game as a server so you can watch your matches live as they are played!
.dont worry about it stothy just get it done when you have time

I really want to get this done but cannot find any time at the moment, I am so sorry guys. If there were any willing, non competing volunteer who want to take over please just say now. If not everyone will have to be patient im afraid :/

Yeah the timing issues are really tricky. It takes longer than you'd imagine to get all the tactics etc sorted, play the match and write about it.

I usually found that when I had to time to sit and play the matches I was waiting on people to send me tactics etc and as soon as the info came in a few days later, I'd be too busy.

Still it's quite rewarding and I'm glad I completed both my own and finished GCB's version as well.

Archived