Ri916's FM 12 European Youth Academy Challenge

brettney1980 - Oh so close to winning the league. Belgium looks tough like Portugal for moving on up. Losing money hand over fist seems normal for most lower leagues in FM, not sure if this is realistic, perhaps all the clubs are financial messes in real life?

Even in the Pro League (top division) we wasn't making any money, although we did only spend one season there so maybe with highwer reputation and bigger sponsors we'll be able to pull back some of our lost funds. I'm already close to the end of our 6th season (was a little late posting Season 5) and we are challenging for promotion again ... Looks like the dreaded Playoffs again though ...

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AD_Pontassolense.png

A.D. Pontassolense - Segunda Divisão Sul - 2017/18 Season - 3rd

Finally got off to a great start in a season: we didn't even concede a goal until the 80th minute of our 5th match, and after 12 games we were sitting at 10-1-1 and equal top of the table. Things were humming along and I dared to dream ... of course a few injuries set in to our strikers coming into the tough part of the schedule. It meant losing 3 games on the trot and we lost touch with the leaders.

It was always going to be a bridge too far from there. The team played well, and Estoril the top side actually slipped up a bit but we blew our chance to keep our fate in our own hands when we dropped the 4th last game at home to a mid table side. Bounced back well to take a scrappy 1-0 away win against the 2nd placed side, but that still left us 4 points adrift with 2 games to play. Battled hard against Estoril, could only manage a 1-1 draw, and our push was done. They went on to win the last game anyway.

Still it was by far our best season, 66 points is enough to win this league some years, we just have to keep it up and we'll get there.

Our 1-1 before losing on penalties came in the first round this year. No idea why we can't seem to play decently in the cup.

An intake I'm happy with: 2 midfielders was exactly what I was hoping for.

• Marco Silva (YP18a) - AMC/MC - (Report) - Looks like a solid all-rounder sort, fits in with what I already have.
  • Gilson Manuel Cruz (YP18b) - DM - (Report) - First decent DM I've had through, due to this I no longer play any DMs. Has decent stats to make the jump to a defensive MC role once retrained.
  • Carlos Figueiredo (YP18c) - DC - (Report) - Scouts say he's injury prone and he's not the greatest prospect I've had, but he'll add depth. Might be needed as first choice Seixas wont talk contract - he did this last time he was about to expire too but eventually came around, it seems he's still pissed that I fined him over a red card 3 years ago. :rolleyes:

Having just gone over the squad not going to cover them all again - the first 11 predicted going into the season stayed that way, as it tends to when things are going well! Just a few key players:

Hélder Silva (YP15a) has become the most important player in the side ... early on he was bossing it and he picked up his 7 assists for the year in the space of about 10 games, as well as a goal every other game. Kept the scoring up all year to lead the side with 15 but the assists dried up and it hurt our scoring potency.

Miguel Veríssimo (YP16a) becomes the first player to make the team of the year (which draws from all tier 3 leagues). Not a bad effort from the centre back in only his second full year.

I believe we'd have won the league if Pedro Rosas (YP16c) didn't do his hamstring and miss 3 months. Had been playing really well up until that point, just didn't recapture it once he came back.

And of course Francisco Pinto Lopes (YP14a) continues to get better and better, putting 3 forwards in front of him limited his space to run into and bang home goals so he only managed 6 this year, but to compensate he lead the team with 9 assists. I'm just dreading the day when the board sell him to pay their debts.

Next Season

All we can control is our own results, so just have to get as many wins on the board as possible and hope it's enough. I'd be disappointed if we didn't manage at least the 66 points we did this year, the vast majority of the team are YPs still yet to peak, so there's no reason we shouldn't be better.

A big focus has to be our shocking home record, 4 losses at home cost us the title this year. The poor state of our home pitch (with no money to fix it) doesn't help us, but I'm thinking my own choice to make it narrow is hurting us more. My logic has been we play a narrow formation so we don't want space out wide, but I think the narrow pitch just helps inferior teams bunker down and hurt us on the counter. So hopefully a wide pitch will be the last little tweak we need to push us over the top.

[b]Season    Tier   Expectation        Predicted   Finished   Cup       Other Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8015318&viewfull=1#post8015318"]2012/13[/url]   3rd    Avoid Relegation   14th        6th        2nd Rnd   
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8017815&viewfull=1#post8017815"]2013/14[/url]   3rd    Top Half            8th        2nd        1st Rnd   
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8021689&viewfull=1#post8021689"]2014/15[/url]   3rd    Top Half            4th        6th        3rd Rnd   
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8026710&viewfull=1#post8026710"]2015/16[/url]   3rd    Top Half            8th        3rd        3rd Rnd   Goal of the Year
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8028656&viewfull=1#post8028656"]2016/17[/url]   3rd    Top Half            5th        4th        2nd Rnd   
2017/18   3rd    Top Half            6th        3rd        1st Rnd   Goal of the Year, 1 player Team of the Year

Brindisi.jpg

Youth Intake Season 1

I have given YP tags to 4 of my players. Im very pleased with the intake as it has given me some depth in areas needed like CB and DMC.

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP04

I was also finally able to persuade the board to increase my Junior coaching budget - hopefully this will pay off in years to come.

150px-Queens_Park_FC_logo.svg.png

SEASON 13

Predicted:3rd

League table

Player Stats

Finished 3rd again but was concentrating on other competitions but still arghhh bloody Rangers i hate them why are they till here for haha

Biggest Home Win/Loss 5-0 Panathinaikos 4-1 Rangers

Biggest Away Win/Loss 5-0 Patrick Thistle 4-0 Rangers

Attendance

Avg 10,602

Highest Home 27,010 Lowest Home 5,241

Finances

Transfer

Squad

Youth Intake

YP2

YP2A

YP3

YP3A

YP4

YP4A

YP5

YP6

YP8

YP9

YP10

YP11

YP12

YP13

YP13Report

Europa League Expect the Unexpected

Player Stats

3rd Round Qualifier 3 Vs 2 B.Jerusalem

4th Round Qualifier 8 Vs 2 S.Moscow

Group Stages

1st KO Round 5 Vs 3 Ajax

2nd KO Round 5 Vs 1 Panathinaikos

Qtr Final 5 Vs 2 CSKA

Semi Final 6 Vs 5 Valencia

Final

Highlights

[video=youtube_share;vyzGoHGGjB8]

Next Season Objective: Champions League Qualification

Euro Super Cup

Highlights

[video=youtube_share;bvuFpzftyqw]

SEASON 14

League table

Player Stats

What a season i had and it would been alot better if i didnt draw my final game of the season 0-0 could of been Champions oh well will be going for the title next year and finally get it off Rangers

Biggest Home Win/Loss 5-0 Panathinaikos 4-1 Rangers

Biggest Away Win/Loss 5-0 Patrick Thistle 4-0 Rangers

Attendance

Avg 11,840

Highest Home 29,572 Lowest Home 7,238

Finances

Transfer

Squad

Youth Intake

YP2

YP2A

YP3

YP3A

YP4

YP4A

YP5

YP6

YP8

YP9

YP10

YP11

YP12

YP13

YP14

YP14Report

Past Meetings

Rangers

Celtic

Scottish League Cup

Highlights

[video=youtube_share;JvbpC8LHvL8]

Europa League

Group Stages

1st KO Round 0 Vs 4 Marseille

Trophy Cabinet

TC.png

Next Season Objective: Champions League Qualification & League Winner

Brindisi.jpg

Citta di Brindisi Season 12/13

Squad

I have a decent squad but no standout players for me this season. The goals we scored were spread throughout the team with our central striker getting the most with 18 in 30 games. Unfortunately he is 37 so I will need to get Capasso YP01 up to scratch to replace him soon. My other two strikers chipped in with 11 and 9 goals a piece with my strongest midfielder chipping in with 6 and setting up 11 goals.

League

Started slowly and after 13 games we were sat in 14th place after this my players started to get use to my tactics and we hit some form and quickly moved up the table into 4th place - we held 4th place for the rest of the season unable to mount a challenge on the automatic promotion places.

I was happy to reach the play offs but yet again in this challenge my team has fallen at the semi final stage of the play offs - losing 1-0 over 2 legs to the eventually promoted Milazzo who finished a point behind me in the league after we beat them twice!!

Serie C Cup

Nothing much to say here - we won the first 2 games comfortably but then lost the remaining matches and finished 3rd in our group so out we went.

Finances

Lost £672,974 over the course of the season - unsure how as we were well under budget for wages.

Facilities

Again nothing much to report - Managed to increase junior coaching and thats it.

Transfers

Proof of no cheating

Aims For Next Season

Reach play offs

Give youngsters more matches

Get through Serie C Cup group

Improve junior coaching

Junior Coachng takes a chunk of cash aka Youth Setup and Ground Maintaineance takes abit aswell i lose 300k pm on that

Thats fair enough I should have looked into that a bit more.

I seem to have a ambitious board again, just got my targets for the season and they want promotion! I overachieved to reach 4th last season. I hope they dont turn out to be like the board at Castellon and sack me for reaching consecutive play off semi finals.

Hypanimz - Unless you do something else right like a good cup run then you usually get the axe if you fail to meet the season goal, even if only by a little bit. You have a bit more leeway if you've already got promotions in the past and have raised the stature of the club. So good luck, hopefully you can push on!

toonbalmy87 - You're doing more and faster than I thought would be possible in Scotland, winning the EL is just fantastic. Shows you just need to get on a good roll and anything can happen.

Coming into my next season, I find my parent club (which used to be in the top flight) have just been dropped into my league. Of course being a professional outfit with good reputation their players make my players cry (looking at team comparison they're #1 in most categories). No doubt they'll rub it in my face and win the league this year. :(

stephen_atk - That's gutting, sorry to hear that - it does seem this challenge is much harder in some countries than others. Good that you're restarting though, and best of luck in France

brettney - Promotion's nearly there, best of luck next season

Great work toon - reaching the Europa final with that squad's a great achievement, let alone winning it! Surely not long till you get your first league title.

Hypanimz - Great to see you back pal, and better luck with this team :)

Shakes - I know I've said this every year, but this season is definitely your year for promotion. Good to see you're still getting some good prospects with decent potential.

Shakes - I know I've said this every year, but this season is definitely your year for promotion. Good to see you're still getting some good prospects with decent potential.

Don't worry I think I'm going to make a liar out of you again. :) I'm not really concerned, it's been fun having players develop, the board only want a top half finish year after year it seems so there's no pressure for promotion. I just know if/when I finally do manage it the next season is going to be a killer on my nerves, to get relegated straight away would be devastating.

AD_Pontassolense.png

A.D. Pontassolense - Segunda Divisão Sul - 2018/19 Season - 2nd

A season that initially promised a lot but was well and truly over before the end. Really unacceptable finish to the year, we won 10 of our first 11 games yet went 9-5-5 the rest of the way. It would be easy to blame injuries, and we did have some bad ones, but realistically we should still have been stronger than we were. Wouldn't have mattered in the end, Rio Ave were too good and deserved to take the league.

The board got sick of losing money half way through the year and so there was a take over. Unfortunately no new investment from it, they used a loan to cover the debt instead, so now we lose even more money each month. The only real change is they cut the link with Rio Ave, presumably due to being bitter about the spanking they were giving us in the league.

On the positive side we continue to get better in front of goal, passing the 2 goals a game mark for the first time. The highlight being a perfect 10 game from our captain, scoring 4 goals in the first 20 minutes from MC then capping it off late in the game with a free kick to finish with 5.

Played a mid table 2nd tier team in the 3rd round and it was a pretty even contest but we went down 1-0. Encouraging that we didn't look out-classed by higher league competition, if we can get a promotion I think we have a good shot of staying up.

Pretty poor this year, with only one tag worthy prospect:

Rui Alves (YP19a) - DM - (Report) - Probably will never be a star, but looks like he could develop into a solid workhorse type player.

Some changes in the pecking order this year as I played several games where not a single original took the field.

Goal Keepers

Bruno Sousa (YP15c) - 4.5/4.5 - Took the first team spot this year, mostly through demanding to play.

Carin - 4/4 - Set the games record for the club. Still worthy and performing, will be tough to keep him happy as a backup.

Center Backs

Miguel Veríssimo (YP16a) - 4/4.5 - Quickly become the solid, reliable presence at the back. Got an under 19s call up this year.

Joel Mendes (YP17b) - 2.5/4.5 - Got his chance this year and took it, firmly establishing his spot in the side.

Christiano Seixas - 1.5/1.5 - Smashed his leg for 6 months, and it smashed his stats. Thought he had a couple of good years in him, but his contract ends next year and that might be it.

Carlos Figueiredo (YP18c) - 4.5s/3.5 - Development seems a bit slow, and with low potential, probably will never be more than a backup.

Full Backs

Samuel Marques (YP15b) - 4/4.5 - Has a break out year last year but was slightly disappointing this year.

Rui Martins (YP16e) - 2.5/4 - Sheer weight of his performances forced his way into the starting lineup.

Ivanir Rodrigues - 2.5/2.5 - Has been a great player but lost a step this year, then was out for 2 months when injured on international duties.

Rui Henriques (YP14c) - 2/3 - Solid when called on.

Midfielders

Francisco Pinto Lopes (YP14a)- 4.5/5 - The captain has the one magical 5 goal game but otherwise was disappointing by his standards.

Marco Silva (YP18a) - 2/4.5 - Got his chance and took it, rocketing up the pecking order in his first full year.

Carlos Canha - 3/3 - Multiple injuries meant a stop start year for him. Barely hanging onto a first team place.

Nelson Ribeiro (YP16b) - 1.5/4.5 - Given every chance this year but just not developing. Solid passer but lack of physicals keep him from being any real sort of threat and hurt him defensively.

Geoffery Gouveia - 2/2 - Still does a job, but may need to make way when his contract expires.

Gilson Manuel Cruz (YP18b) - 1.5/4.5 - Made a bunch of sub appearances without a start. Should compete with Canha and Ribeiro for the 3rd midfielder slot next year.

Rui Alves (YP19a) - 4.5s/4 - Not expecting much for a while.

Strikers

Hélder Silva (YP15a) - 3/4.5 - Broke his ankle in the pre-season but came back strong to become the all-time leading scorer and win fans' player of the year for the 3rd time in a row.

João Pimenta (YP14b) - 2.5/4.5 - Finally had an injury free year and responded with a club record 19 goals.

Pedro Rosas (YP16c) - 2/4.5 - Capable of the spectacular but needs to show more consistency to hold his place.

Manuel Nunes (YP16d) - 2/4 - Performed will in Silva's role at the start of the season, but unfortunately doesn't seem to do as well elsewhere.

Cyril Raposo (YP17a) - 2.5/4.5 - Spent a couple of years in the youth team developing, I'm still not convinced being either footed is worth the cost in stats.

Rui Mateus (YP16f) - 5s/3.5 - Was already borderline before spending 9 months out with a cruciate injury. Will need to show why he deserves another contract.

Next Season

No major changes, we're a top team, we just need to get that #1 spot so we can take our shot at the promotion playoffs. This should be our year: Rio Ave got promotion, and the new teams in our league are all up from a lower tier, not down from the one above. We know we can beat these teams, now we just need to go and do it.

[b]Season    Tier   Expectation        Predicted   Finished   Cup       Other Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8015318&viewfull=1#post8015318"]2012/13[/url]   3rd    Avoid Relegation   14th        6th        2nd Rnd   
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8017815&viewfull=1#post8017815"]2013/14[/url]   3rd    Top Half            8th        2nd        1st Rnd   
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8021689&viewfull=1#post8021689"]2014/15[/url]   3rd    Top Half            4th        6th        3rd Rnd   
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8026710&viewfull=1#post8026710"]2015/16[/url]   3rd    Top Half            8th        3rd        3rd Rnd   Goal of the Year
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8028656&viewfull=1#post8028656"]2016/17[/url]   3rd    Top Half            5th        4th        2nd Rnd   
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8030904&viewfull=1#post8030904"]2017/18[/url]   3rd    Top Half            6th        3rd        1st Rnd   Goal of the Year, 1 player Team of the Year
2018/19   3rd    Top Half            6th        2nd        3rd Rnd   

Having tried and failed with Jura Sud I'm back in France to try again...

Cannesbadge.png

AS Cannes

Founded: 1902

Stadium: Stade Pierre de Coubertin (capacity 10000)

Not quite a fallen giant, as they have never been particularly successful, but AS Cannes were one of the founder members of the initial French league finishing 2nd in the inaugural season (their best finish) they also lifted the Coupe de France in the same year, their only major honour. In terms of staff they can boast of the likes of Zinedine Zidane, Patrick Vieira, Gael Clichy, Sebastien Frey and Johan Micoud having all plied their trade here but despite these celebrated players and the glamourous surroundings of the French Riveria, the football club had fallen into difficult times. Having last played top flight football in 1998 it's been a downward spiral ever since, which ended with them languishing in the French CFA.

However things are on the up, having won CFA-C in 2011-12 they'll start the new season in the French National. The Chairman is not stopping there, he's brought in a new manager and an expectation that AS Cannes will seal back to back promotions on their way back up the leagues.

Current Squad

I was a bit worried about the Chairman's expectations of promotion and the media tipping us for 4th having only just been promoted, however having looked at the squad, we do have some quite decent players. A nice mix of experience and players coming into their prime, strength, pace and work rate, just what you need for these lower divisions. The wage structure is also a bit of a mixture, with our top earner is on £5,500 a week which is going to hit the finances, however, without being able sign players were going to have to live with it!

Youth Squad

Not so good in terms of Youth, indeed the coaches only consider 1 player to be of any note, a young M/AM C called Hamza Tran. Just as poor as the players, the basic facilities available aren't great either and our youth recruitment is also classed as fairly basic and despite requests to the Chairman it doesn't look like improving anytime soon.

Cannesbadge.png

Season 1: 2012-13

Main Squad

Pre-season was an opportunity to have a play around with players and formations, the standard of personnel was quite good so it just about finding the right positions and roles for them. We won a few friendlies in but unconvincing fashion, but a comprehensive defeat to Sion saw me reverting back to my favoured 4-2-4 formation. We started to create loads of chances and but for some poor finishing we should have won all by big margins. The friendly before the season kicked off did have me worried when we lost 1-0 to a team from our division. But I needn't have worried, the team bouyed by their success the previous season made a cracking start, the media pressure of being made favourites for every game had no affect. We went 11 games unbeaten, scoring big wins including 4-0 and 5-1 away wins. Best of all was a 4-1 home demolition of Martigues, our biggest rivals, the fans couldn't believe it. The defeat didn't side-track us too much as we continued to win and score plenty of goals. While we were winning our games, so were all our nearest rivals, a break away of 6 teams had formed at the winter break. We continued plugging away a few defeats but largely were little troubled as we edged towards the business end, though international call ups for a number of our starting XI did cause me some concern! Towards the end of the season defeats to Bastia and Angers were of little consequence as we sealed promotion with 3 games to spare.

Final Table

Squad Stats

Achievements

National Team of the Season: Jérémy Gavanon (GK), Cédric Avinel (DC), Gauthier Pinaud (MR), David Ledy (SC)

Player of the Year: Cédric Liabeuf (Runner Up)

Manager of the Year: Stephen Atkinson (Runner Up)

International Call Ups: Mourad Satli (Algeria), Paulin Voavy (Madagascar), Elias Uzamukunda (Rwanda), Yves Desmarets (Haiti), Biliaminou Tidjani (Togo), Hamza Tran (France U19)

Youth Squad

We don't have much in the way of a youth set up, basic facilities and coaching staff and despite a few requests during the season to improve things the board would not budge. Apart from Hamza Tran the players are also understandably poor. I was excited to see what the Youth Intake would bring but shouldn't have been. No one really stood out, 4 were worth marking up.

Johan David YP01

Omar Bah YP02

Tarek Souissi YP03

Edris Monteiro YP04

Transfer Centre

AD_Pontassolense.png

A.D. Pontassolense - Segunda Divisão Sul - 2019/20 Season - 1st

This was the year, nothing less than winning the league was an acceptable finish.

We got off to an absolutely brilliant start and lead from the front, 13 wins and a draw in our first 14 games, a loss in the 15th still putting us in front with 40 points at the half way mark. But the league wasn't easy: there were a bunch of terrible teams at the bottom, which meant Juventude Évora and Louletano were still right in it. It was going to take a lot of points to win.

Our form wasn't perfect, we dropped the away fixture to Juventude Évora 1-0 and one other game, but with 4 games to go we sat on 67 points, 5 points clear of Louletano and 6 clear of Juventude Évora. Surely that should be enough. We had Louletano to play at home, we'd already smashed them 4-0 away, surely we could chalk up a win and all but seal it.

Of course things are never easy, they snatched a dirty 1-0 win in a game we dominated (including a late effort that hit the woodwork and rolled all the way across the goal line) and suddenly we were under pressure. 3 mid table sides we had to beat to ensure the league went our way. Something we should be able to do, we'd been doing it all season.

Next game out, we got smashed 5-0 for our worst defeat under my management. Holy crap, how did that happen? Luckily Louletano lost too, but a Juventude Évora win meant they snuck ahead of us, we were 1 win each on the head to head but they were 1 goal up on away goals in all fixtures. At this point I was sure we'd messed it up, how could we lead all year only to let it slip away at the end like this?

2 games to go, we each had a home game followed by an away game in the last round, but our home game was easier: they had to face Louletano. We won a tense 1-0 battle where I just focused on the game and didn't want to know the score in the other match. Got to the end of match screen to find they'd fought out a 3-3 draw!

We were back in control of our own destiny, we just needed to win, although we faced Pinhalnovense who had beaten us 2-1 at home. Could we go away and get revenge? Of course we could, we'd gotten the jitters out of the way already, and we delivered a thumping 4-1 win to seal the deal.

Finally a win in the league! An absolutely smashing season, but we needed it to be to get over the line. To illustrate the gulf between the top 3 teams and the rest: before this year the most goals scored in the league had been 70, this year the top three all scored 80+.

The job was only half done though. A win in the league would mean nothing if the promotion playoffs didn't go our way.

Promotion Playoffs

3 teams, each play a home and an away fixture. Pretty simple: I wanted to win our two home games, and at least get on the scoreboard in our away ones, which would virtually ensure we go up.

Game 1 - @Trofense

Trofense had already lost their initial away fixture 4-0, and I'd identified them as the weaker team, so I was hopeful we could get some kind of result here. Unfortunately they caught us napping on a free kick early, then somehow managed to squeeze a second goal while both my center backs looked at each other. Silva got a vital away goal on a great strike to give us some chance of a pegging them back, but when Marques got sent off for a stupid second yellow it got hard. They managed a third late while we chased the game.

Not a great start but we had gotten an away goal on the board, so better than nothing.

Game 2 - Feirense

Pretty vital we do well here. Silva hit a beautiful pass to put Nunes clear and get us on the board early. Then Silva himself split two defenders and slammed home a goal. When Veríssimo was dragged down at a corner and Silva converted the penalty the game was all but over with an hour still to go. Silva put the icing on the cake shortly after half time when he slipped a pass through to Pimenta who slotted it home from a 45 degree angle.

Game 3 - Trofense

Trofense got a 3-0 thumping at home to Feirense, which made our equation simple: if we won without conceding a goal we would be promoted with a game to spare.

We were dominating the game but hadn't managed to convert it into a lead until shortly before half time when Nunes passed to Silva who tapped the ball past his opponent who over zealously went for the tackle and placed it straight past the keeper into the net. The second half saw few chances and it looked like we might just coast, but Silva had other ideas when he received the ball outside the area, noticed the gap between defenders and advanced keeper and lobed a perfect ball into the net for his second. That would do us as we just restricted their chances (they had only a single blocked shot from about 30 yards all game) rather than take any risks with the ball.

2-0 ... no away goals for Trofense meant we'd done it. Promotion!

Game 4 - @Feirense

After all the stress of every game counting all season it was great that the last game was a virtual friendly that I could just watch and enjoy! We went down a goal but after that it was one way traffic as we closed out the season in style, and ran away with a 4-1 victory. Only disappointing part was the two injuries, although hopefully both will be ready to go by next season.

Haha, we played in this? After getting promotion I doubt anyone cares we lost in the first round.

Another poor year:

João Martins (YP20a) - DC- (Report) - A while back it was strikers, now it seems to be center backs that we're being flooded with. With 4 of them in the last 5 years it probably spells the end for Seixas.

The squad is maturing well and has a pretty nice balance to it. A few highlights:

Hélder Silva (YP15a) deserves a squad status above key player. 33 goals to lead the league and absolutely smash the previous club record of 19. Also dished out 16 assists. Unfortunately has an agent who is demanding he be paid £600/week when my current top earner is on 190, hopefully I can manage to keep him.

Francisco Pinto Lopes (YP14a) turned on boss mode this year, I think the captain heard me say he was disappointing last year. Set club records with 17 assists and 8 man of the match awards, and also managed a personal best of 14 goals to go with them. As important to our midfield as Silva is to our forward setup.

Gilson Manuel Cruz (YP18b) getting capped (and managing a goal) for Cape Verde was the surprise of the season, he's spent the last couple of years learning in the youth system with only occasional appearances. He seems to be a player who has it though: he's flown up to 3 stars while others I've given far more chances to tread water. Should knock Canha out of the first team, meaning no originals will be in my preferred 11 next year.

Next Season

First things first ... take a break and appreciate that I finally (after 8 years on this save and 12 years total doing this challenge) got a promotion! Really don't want to burn out on this, I've been playing a little obsessively and a break is probably needed. Guild Wars 2 is out in a couple of days and I'd like to play that too. I will be back though, Liga Orangina awaits!

Once I pick this back up again, first priority will be to find a way to get Silva signed ... can't imagine losing him just as he's hitting his prime. Then it's the battle to stay up: it's so hard to get in to the 2nd tier that there's no way in hell I'm going back down. It simply can not be allowed to happen.

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8030904&viewfull=1#post8030904"]2017/18[/url]   3rd    Top Half            6th        3rd        1st Rnd   Goal of the Year, 1 player Team of the Year
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8035154&viewfull=1#post8035154"]2018/19[/url]   3rd    Top Half            6th        2nd        3rd Rnd   
2019/20   3rd    Top Half            5th        1st        1st Rnd   Promoted! Manager otY, Player otY, 2nd young PotY, 2 players Team otY, leading league goalscorer

Shakes- Well done on finally getting promoted. It takes some grit to go through 8 seasons like that, the most I ever did without getting promoted was 7, and then I gave up :D. You'll kill the second league and finish midtable in the premier I reckon.

This is the link to the Guild Wars 2 thread in OTF if your interested: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/305226-The-Guild-Wars-2-Thread/page2

I needed a new fm2012 challenge, and this looked like a little bit of fun.

So without further ado, I've taken over the newly promoted to Serie C2/A team of Teramo. The board want to consolidate our position in the league, and with a lower half finish predicted it's probably what I'll end up doing for the 1st season.

Manger Information

Teramo General Information

Facilities

Cannesbadge.png

Season 2: 2013-14

Main Squad

What a season this was! Having secured back to back promotions the board were happy with survival for this term, my task then was simply to avoid relegation. They generously pumped £1.4m into the club, prize money, tv money and a new sponsorship deal boosted the coffers enough to allow us to turn professional. Given that we wouldn't be interested in signing anyone I requested that the youth facilities be improved, which was approved, and also that we could employ more coaching staff, which was also approved. A number of clubs were sniffing around some of our 1st team players so I quickly offered them professional deals to tie them to the club, the majority of the rest of the squad stayed part time.

After a successful pre-season we started the league campaign against Clermont Foot. Sticking with the 4-2-4 formation from last season we were comfortably beaten 2-0. A tactical rethink resulted in a more solid 4-2-3-1 for our opening home game in front of the TV cameras. The unexpected 4-1 defeat of Lemans set us on a run of 6 straight home wins, away form was a bit patchy but things settled down and 10 game unbeaten run either side of the winter break had us looking at the promotion shake up. March wins against Nimes and Chateauroux had us sitting 2nd in the table with just 9 games left. The run in was incredibly tough of the last 5 games 4 in a row were against fellow promotion hopefuls, including runaway leaders Stade Brestois. We managed 2 wins, a draw and a defeat in the run-up to those games, maintaining our 2nd place, just a point ahead of Guingamp and Nantes. We got 2-2 draw against Nantes, followed by a poor 3-0 defeat against the leaders. A massive 1-0 win over Arles in front of a near capacity Stade de Coubertin took us to the brink. With 2 games left we were 3 points clear of Guingamp and Nantes who had to play each other, but we were nervous!

We lost at Amiens 2-0, but Guingamp did themselves and us a favour by beating Nantes. Guingamp's better goal difference all but confirmed their promotion so the final game came down to us and Nantes for the last remaining promotion spot. We were at home to Clermont Foot, Nantes away at Tours. They needed us to lose and swing the goal difference by 3. Nantes started well and took the lead on 4 minutes. They then fell to pieces and went in at half time 3-1 down, we were 0-0. 2nd half nerves got the better of us and having blown numerous chances went 2-0 down, Nantes pulled one back but had given themselves too much to do and we clung onto another promotion.

League Table

Squad Stats

Transfers

Youth Squad

Still not great but Hamza Tran has become a regular for France U21's and made a number of 1st appearances for us towards the end of the season. The intake wasn't great either, I'm hoping our improved facilities will bring better things next year.

Youth Intake

Hassan Mezriche YP05

Abdelhakim Bougherara YP06

SEASON 15

League table

Player Stats

What a season i had its time for a new era of dominance in the SPL

Biggest Home Win/Loss 4-0 Patrick Thistle 3-1 HSV

Biggest Away Win/Loss 7-0 Patrick Thistle 5-2 R.Madrid

Attendance

Avg 15,779

Highest Home 35,279 Lowest Home 5,075

Finances

Transfer

Squad

Youth Intake

YP2

YP2A

YP3

YP3A

YP4

YP4A

YP5

YP6

YP8

YP9

YP10

YP11

YP12

YP13

YP14

YP14Report

YP15

YP15Report

Scottish League Cup

Highlights

[video=youtube_share;CPiqB-GxWpQ]

Scottish Cup

Highlights

[video=youtube;dKflLvmYgmQ]

Champions League

Started of really well beating Madrid but my away form was horrible and in the end i needed Madrid to beat PSG which they didn't so i went out in 3rd place

Fixtures

H 3 VS 2 R.Madrid A 2 VS 5 R.Madrid

H 2 VS PSG 0 A 0 VS 1 PSG

H 2 VS Shakhtar 1 A 1 VS 2 Shakhtar

Europa League

1st KO Round 4 Vs 2 Panathinaikos

2nd KO Round 1P Vs 1 Malaga

Qtr Final 6 Vs 5 HSV

Semi Final 3 Vs 6 Spurs

Next Season Objective: Champions League Qualification & League Winner

My New Adventure in Belgium

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX2w89_XrhFeLzSKRaBQl2CpVcPM_cTNuNzFrHoV0XPiZczjqJdA

SEASON 1

Predicted:8th

K. Berchem Sport is a Belgian association football club based in the district of Berchem in the municipality of Antwerp and currently playing in the Promotion B (the fourth level in Belgian football). It has formerly played in the first division.

League Table

good first year finished where i was suppose to

Transfers

Finances

Youth Intake

YP1

YP1 Report

YP1A

YP1A Report

Next Season Objective:Survival

stephen_atk: Great stuff with Cannes, I had thought about taking them when I went to France and trying to find the next Zidane, but them wanting promotion in the first season scared me off. Looks like that was the wrong choice, you're crushing with them.

toonbalmy87: Well done on wining the league in Scotland, why the move to Belgium?

Just finished my first season as the Teramo manager, and just about scraped through surviving it intact. After winning the 1st round of the playout due to being the higher finishing team, the players seemed intent of making sure I go grey early deciding to wait until extra time in the 2nd round before finishing off the opposition.

Leaving it Late

League Table

Squad Stats

Transfers

Youth Intake

The overall selection of youngsters wasn't particularly inspiring, with the exception of the 2 obvious stand out players. Both were quickly snapped up.

Youth Intake

YP01a

YP01b

Next season task is an obvious one, must try harder...

RFC_de_Lige.png

Full name Royal Football Club de Liège

Nickname(s) Les Sang et Marine

(The Blood and Marine)

Founded 1892

Ground Stade du Pairay,

Seraing

(Capacity: 6,744)

Chairman Jean-Paul Lacomble

Season 2017/18 - Season 6 - Belgian Second League

Well we did it, we finished 2nd again on the regular table and managed promotion through the playoffs. Really would of liked to of won the league but too many draws again in matches we could of and sometimes should of won.

Final Table - Promotion Playoff

Lost in the 6th round of the Belgian cup this season 2-0 to STVV

Finances|Confidence

Finances are still very poor hopefully we can stay in the Pro League this time around and hope that leads to some money, especially since we have needed a pitch relay for the last 3 seasons ... Had my first stumble with the fans and board Confidence this season good job we got promotion this time maybe next year would of seen me losing my job ...

Squad Stats - Look no Transfers

Player of the Season Award

Sias had an awesome season really stepping up and leading us to the promoised land of the Pro League without him i do not know where our goals would of come from.

The Youth of Liege ...

Youth Candidates 2019.

Yassin Saykouk Profile|Report

Ridvan Ibrahim YP5a

Vivian Causse YP5b

Laurent Fleury YP4

Philippe Langevin YP3a

Chad Gauss YP3b

There is a chance that i may drop the tag from Gauss, he isn't getting much playing time with the solid CB's i already have and so isn't improving as i'd like.

Joren Capouet YP2a

Maxime Renaud YP2b

Ianis Engel YP1

Adrien Trubia TP0

I'm actually quite far into the next Season and a great start means at the moment we are not in a Relegation battle ... Let's hope i haven't just jinxed this.

I was doing so well at Teramo in year 2, top of the league at Christmas, figured I could scrape promotion and told the board as much. From those lofty heights, if it wasn't the top 3 strikers all being out injured at the same time, it was my defence picking up yellows and red cards, leading to me having to use some not-up-to-snuff sub par players, as I watched the slow slide down the table I knew the inevitable sacking wasn't going to be far behind, with it being so close to the end of the season I decided to forego trying to convince another newly promoted side that I was their man, I decided to move elsewhere.

Having burnt my Italian bridges, I've upped sticks to Spain to manage Alicante.

General Info

Facilities

It's not going to be all fun in the sun though, there's a slight disparity between the bank balance, and the players wage-bill which'll have to be sorted quickly.

Full disclosure, there were a few player transfers which went through before I had the chance to take over so I've included that screenshot.

Cannesbadge.png

Season 3: 2014-15

Main Squad

Going into the new season it dawned on me that we were going into the top division with the same set of players that got us out of the amateur league just a few years ago. You'll always take promotion oppose to not, but realistically this had come to soon, luckily the board felt the same and the expectations were to battle bravely against relegation. As daunting as Ligue 1 seemed, it was also an opportunity to take advantage of the cash and in particular the increased wage allowance. The board announced work was beginning on increasing the capacity up to 17,000 and I managed to convince them to improve the training facilities (which will complete in October 2015). I also used our improved reputation to move on some of the backroom staff and replace them with some quality coaches.

Good friendly form carried into the first game of the new season where we secured a battling 3-3 draw away at St Etienne. We picked up a few more draws and a first win in late September, but a larger share of defeats, some of them heavy. A run of 9 games pre-winter break were extremely concerning, we lost all of them conceding 34 goals and scoring just 2. A 10th straight defeat straight after the break had cut us well loose at the bottom,with just 8 points, relegation seemed inevitable. At this point I started worrying about my job, the board weren't expecting much but it was getting embarrassing! A team meeting was called, we all knew what was happening and it had a strange affect. We picked up wins against Stade Brestois, Monaco and Bordeaux to move us within grasp of survival. Of the final 17 games we only lost 6, ultimately we'd left ourselves too much to do and we did go down, but we weren't bottom and only finished 3 points from safety. My job security steadied, so hopefully I'll be able to continue for another season, though I haven't pushed my luck by asking for a new contract or further facility improvements!

Final Table

Team Stats

Transfers

Youth Squad

Brighter news from the youth setup. Not sure whether it was down to the improved facilities, the fact we were Ligue 1 or a combination of both but the intake was good. 6 players being marked up and a few others signed. It did mean I had to make some tough decisions about existing players and a number were released. Hamza Tran YP00 continues to impress, making 20 league appearances, hopefully he'll be a key figure for next season. Hassan Mezriche YP05 also made his debut but through player shortage rather than him genuinely challenging the starting XI, all good experience though.

Youth Intake

Anthony Panariello YP07

Hared Nour YP08

Elie Picard

Adel Mourou YP10

Sultan Demir YP11

Nestor Durand YP12

SEASON 2

Predicted:8th

League Table

Would of liked a bit better but i guess keeps my boards expectations a bit lower can see me being stuck in this division for a couple of more years

Transfers

Finances

Youth Intake

YP1

YP1A

YP2

YP2 Report

YP2A

YP2A Report

Next Season Objective:Top 10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEASON 3

Predicted:7th

League Table

Moved pa place but still not very inspiring

Transfers

Finances

Youth Intake

YP1

YP1A

YP2

YP3

YP3 Report

Next Season Objective:Top 10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEASON 4

Predicted:6th

League Table

Missed out on the play offs by a point which is a bit gutting but it gives my players time to get better an there for go out and win it

Transfers

Finances

Youth Intake

YP1

YP1A

YP2

YP2A

YP3

YP4

YP4 Report

YP4A

YP4A Report

Next Season Objective:Champions

Having just finish my first season in charge of Alicante, I can safely say that it's going much better for me in Spain, than it ever did in Italy.

With a media prediction of 9th, I did end up a credible 7th at the end of the season, though earlier in the season were we contending for a playoff spot but a late season slump saw the team slowly slide down the table.

Table

Team Stats

Transfers

Financials, as I predicted when I took over were always going to be an issue, now £1.3M in the red, the board have reduced my wage budget for next season, so I'm definitely going to have to offload some of the more expensive players, and potentially have to utilise the much cheaper youth prospects.

Speaking of which, Youth Intake

Whilst mostly a uninspiring bunch, the top few may prove useful, and cheap, in the coming season. having give the top 2 the youth tag for the first season, here they are in some more detail.

YP01a

YP01b

My targets for the next season will have to be promotion by any means, I'm going to need the money so I can actually upgrade my facilities if I'm going to compete.

Didn't quite get this update up before I went on holiday, so here you are...

RB_Leipzig_30.gif

RB Leipzig - Season 2022/23 - Bundesliga

First Team Squad - U19 Squad - Club Information - Facilities - Transfers

Finally, we started a season with all guns blazing, and after last season’s occasionally patchy defensive form, it was great to see the amount of clean sheets we amassed. Truth be told, this was never a competition, and the only sour note of the first half of the season was drawing away at Bayern in a game we should have won. Still, this left us with a very comfortable 13 point lead at the top of the table with 55 goals scored and just 8 conceded. We continued to pull away after the winter break, extending our lead to 16 points.

During this time, we made it through to the DFB-Pokal semi-final, where we inexplicably lost 4-1 to Stuttgart. This was followed by a cagey game against Wolfsburg, which threatened to hand us our first loss of the season for a while - happily, Corluka stepped up with a hat-trick to give the scoreline a more comfortable feel at 5-2. A 7-0 thrashing of Bayern followed by a 3-1 win at Dortmund secured the title for us; a 22-point gap with 6 left to play. The only thing left to fight for was our unbeaten season. Rotating players for the CL made this slightly trickier than it should have been. We first tried our best to lose in Bochum, conceding 3 sloppy goals before winning 5-3, then struggled to break down bogey team Hoffenheim with only a stunning strike from Corluka securing victory. A drab 1-1 draw with Hannover saw out our season unbeaten.

Final Position: 1st - League Table - Positions (almost perfect)

Europe

Champions League

The major highlight of the draw was a chance to get revenge for Arsenal prematurely ruining our first ever Champions League adventure 3 seasons ago. Sporting Lisbon and Sparta Prague weren’t expected to be a threat, and after last year’s performances I expected us to win the group. The one surprise was a 2-1 reverse away in Lisbon, with Martin Schulz proving what a key player he was when he was injured in the first minute. However, we made up for this in fine style, thrashing Arsenal 4-0 away and securing a comfortable 2-0 win at home.

The first knockout round paired us with Marseille, runners up 3 years previously. In France, we conceded an early fluke goal and Marseille really had a go at us, with only some superb saves from Halfar keeping us in it. Thankfully, Corluka slotted home just before the break to make it more comfortable. A late Marseille header left things a little nervy, but Kunter slotted home a penalty in the dying minutes to end the first leg 2-2. In the second leg we continued to make life difficult for ourselves, conceding a sloppy goal in the 60th minute to leave us staring down the barrel. In spite of throwing everything at them, we couldn’t score for love nor money, until one of their players did for us in the 87th minute, before Keller ended it with a second goal in the 90th.

After such a nail-biting tie, I was delighted to be drawn with Arsenal in the Quarters, with a trip to Lyon or Barca if we prevailed. The first leg was tight in the first half, with just a Scholze goal edging it in our favour, but young striker Rüstem Ok scored a second half hat-trick to send us to the Emirates with a solid 4-0 lead. In the second leg they hacked us to pieces, injuring two players, but goals from Husic and Ok meant that it would be pretty much impossible for them. They won 3-2, but our first leg cushion saw us through to face Lyon, who had knocked out Barcelona 2-1. We started out slowly in Lyon, conceding a long range strike from Gonalons, but two headers from former YP01 Atangana put us 2-1 up, before Schulz sealed the win with another header. At home, Hille put us into the lead after 40 minutes, but then Corluka went off injured… surely this wasn’t going to happen again? When Lyon went down to ten men early in the second half, worries shifted from the result to Corluka’s fitness. Kunter finished the game off with a tap-in, and thankfully, our main man was only out for 3 days with a dead leg. Phew.

The final:

Pre match odds: RB Leipzig: 11-5, Man City: Evens

6 mins: A terrible start, Florian Kunter succumbing to injury meaning that Celik comes on at LB with Glavas switching to DMC. Not good.

7 mins: Almost even worse, Hazard hitting the bar with a long range curler. Safe to say this could have started better…

9 mins: A long ball from Keller inside their full-back finds Schmidt, just back from injury, who curls in a beauty of a cross to the far post. Unfortunately Atangana copies Hazard and can only head against the bar. We gain a free-kick when the move breaks down, but Schmidt smashes it over. For the sake of my health, this needs to calm down.

30 mins: After a bit of a dull spell, Schulz uncharacteristically clears the ball straight to their DM who plays their star striker into space in the box. Thankfully, Schulz recovers to deflect the ball over the bar.

36 mins: Our first major chance as Corluka wriggles through a hole in the defence that didn’t seem to exist, but he shoots straight at the keeper.

45 mins: Schulz isn’t having the best of games. He mistimes a header which falls at the feet of their attacking mid who slots home. 0-1 Man City

---

52 mins: A bit of ping pong inside our area leads to a long shot from City which flies just over. We really need to re-assert ourselves now.

63 mins: Disaster. A long ranger flies in off the post from their CM. 0-2 Man City

67 mins: Did I say disaster? Sorry, this is a disaster… Aguero slots home to make it 0-3 Man City

90 mins: Gutting. Final whistle blows, and whilst the match stats are in our favour, the one that counts is way out. Next year perhaps.

Champions League Run

Current Youth Prospects

Goalkeepers

André Halfar - A great season - still our number 1 by a considerable margin.

Philip Albert - Really need someone better to come through to challenge Halfar.

Centre Backs

Martin Schulz - BEAST (this caption will probably remain here until he well and truly loses it.

Olaf Keller - Had a good season, but his mistake let Man City in for the lead. Whilst they outclassed us in the end, he does tend to crack under pressure. Very solid against the weaker sides though.

Karsten Engel - Didn't get much of a look in really and his lack of bravery and aggression annoys me somewhat. Not sure about him.

Wolfgang Sievers - Love the look of this guy, and may edge out Keller as Schulz's partner.

Full-backs

Sasa Glavas - Continued to play well, and once he's able to play every match he will go from strength to strength.

Michael Gebhardt - Whilst his ratings are good, he tends to be found out by the better teams we face. Not bad by any means, just not as good as I'd like.

Refik Celik - A solid enough backup.

Lucio Carini - Was used more this year, and could be a long term replacement for Gebhardt.

Centre Mids

Adis Husic - Got involved more this season but struggled against City's plethora of Attacking mids.

Florian Kunter - Player of the season again, with a huge number of assists.

Hendrik Scholze - Another year, another injury curtails his season. Cost us dear in the end :(

Dirk Hille - Don't seem to have a screenshot, but had an ok season. Scholze's injury threw him in at the deep end and Man City just ran all over him sadly.

Bastian Schulz - Our great leader finally hung up his boots this year, and I may well keep him on. An excellent servant.

Wingers

Nikolas Hampf - Meh. I want to start Beckmann next season I think

Kevin Schmidt - Assist machine this season, and whilst I'd like him to score a bit more, he's just class. Also, look at the arrows!

Jean-Hugues Atangana - Every time I think I'm going to shift him on, he scores a couple of vital goals. Never first team material, but useful as a back up

Dominik Beckmann - Ripping the U19 league apart, but has yet to make the step up in the same way that Schmidt did.

Strikers

Luka Corluka - Awesome, but sadly didn't deliver when it mattered most.

Rüstem Ok - Started more this season, but can't quite cut it against the big teams. Rips slow defences apart though.

U19 Squad

The U19s lost again. Then again, they won their league, cup and NextGen series so I can probably forgive them...

[b][u]Season[/u]    [u]League[/u]   [u]Position[/u]  [u]Europe[/u]       [u]Cup[/u]            [u]Other[/u][/b]

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7955451&viewfull=1#post7955451]2012/13[/url]   3. Liga  4th       n/a          1st Rnd        n/a
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7959167&viewfull=1#post7959167]2013/14[/url]   3. Liga  1st       n/a          1st Rnd        MotY, PotY (Lewerenz), TS (Frahn)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7963758&viewfull=1#post7963758]2014/15[/url]   2. Liga  1st       n/a          3rd Rnd        MotY, TS (Frahn)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7969892&viewfull=1#post7969892]2015/16[/url]   1. Liga  11th      n/a          QF             n/a
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7979549&viewfull=1#post7979549]2016/17[/url]   1. Liga  11th      n/a          3rd Rnd        U17 PotY (Gebhardt), U18 PotY (Corluka)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7986699&viewfull=1#post7986699]2017/18[/url]   1. Liga  3rd       n/a          3rd Rnd        Schulz (YP05) 3rd in Def.otY, U17/18/19 PotY (Scholze, Gebhardt, Corluka) 
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=7994667&viewfull=1#post7994667]2018/19[/url]   1. Liga  4th       EL semi      2nd Rnd        U17/18/19 PotY (Kantarci, Scholze, Keller)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8002061&viewfull=1#post8002061]2019/20[/url]   1. Liga  1st       EL L16       Winners        MoTY, TS (Corluka), U17/18/19 PotY (Ok, García, Hampf), Golden Boot (Corluka)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8011500&viewfull=1#post8011500]2020/21[/url]   1. Liga  1st       CL semi      3rd Rnd        TS (Corluka), U17/19 PotY (Ok, Kantarci), Golden Boot (Corluka)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8027943&viewfull=1#post8027943]2021/22[/url]   1. Liga  1st       CL semi      2nd Rnd        PotY (Kunter), TS (Corluka), U17/18 PotY (Schmidt, Ok)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8058525&viewfull=1#post8058525]2022/23[/url]   1. Liga  1st       CL runner up Semi           PotY (Schulz, TS (Corluka), U17/18 PotY (Beckmann, Schmidt, Celik)

[u]Key:[/u]
MotY = Manager of the Year
PotY = Player of the Year
TS = Top Scorer

Cheers ri (P.s. where's your save?!?) - now to catch up with the rest of you :) :

Shakes - Well, I was only 1 season off! Great work nabbing promotion and best of luck with survival once you've had your well-earned rest.

toon - The speed you complete your seasons is just astounding. Congrats on the semis with Queen's Park and nice to see you progressing well in Belgium too.

brettney - Awesome work on the promotion and great to hear that you're hanging on in there in the top league. Great progress.

stephen_atk - Relegation's gutting, but it sounds like you have a decent board. Hopefully you can come straight back next season.

korvalis - Unlucky in Italy, but best of luck in Spain - would be good to see someone do well there and upset the established order :)

Alexlightsaber - Best of luck to you too mate, although that badge is truly mental

Now at the end of the 2nd season, and I've improved from 7th to 8th in the league. With a couple of different results I could have easily ended up 2nd, but that would be the fun of playoffs to contend with.

Table

Team Stats

Transfers

The financial situation is technically better, but since the chairman / board keep injecting funds.

Youth Intakes

Another year, another lack of defensive players to pick from. Only 1 real stand out too.

YP02

Previous Youngsters

YP01a - Did make a few appearances as a sub, but nothing noteworty.

YP01b - Likewise, only a handful of 1st team appearances, but is well on the way to being 1st team ready, will probably start featuring more often in the second half of the season.

Target has to be further reduction of the wage budget, and promotion.

AD_Pontassolense.png

A.D. Pontassolense - Liga Orangina - 2020/21 Season - 12th

I went into the season only wanting to stay up, and having no grand ambitions beyond that. When we won our first three games that looked like it was going to be a doddle. Unfortunately reality set in and as the season wore on we sunk and continued to sink.

Our problems were two fold. Firstly we just weren't managing to get reward for effort, we'd often have the best of or break even in a game but fail to put the score on the board. The step up in defenses we were facing compared to last season really had our front line struggling. Secondly when we were outclassed we had a tendency to let go of the rope and get blown off the park, suffering morale sapping thrashings.

With 7 games to go we found ourselves only 2 points clear of relegation, and our schedule looking fairly tough: only our home game against the bottom placed side looked like one where we'd be expected to get points given our form. At this point is was desperation time, and I abandoned the 4-3-3 we'd been playing ever since the influx of strikers, dropping back to a defensive 4-1-3-2 in the hope of perhaps being able to scratch out some results.

It certainly worked: 3 draws and 4 wins to close out the season! Brilliant management to save the season or stupidity for not doing it earlier, you be the judge. :) In any case it leaves us with some tough decisions to make next year as to how we'll line up and what we do with our squad balance.

Now we stayed up I think we have a good position to push on: youth recruitment got its first ever bump, and junior coaching got another increase to now be listed as excellent. The stadium also got converted to an all-seater. Finances are pretty bad due to all this, and I don't know if the 2500 capacity stadium is big enough to do much about it, but so long as the board inject cash I expect we can slowly rise up through the division.

Our best ever run in the cup got us to the 4th round, where we faced Nacional da Madeira. An away fixture against a top tier team was always going to be tough, but we kept it a dour nil all struggle during regulation. The game changed completely in extra time, becoming an end to end affair with them snatching the first goal at 113 minutes, us scoring the equalizer at 118 and then butchering two very easy chances to win the game. Penalties went horribly as usual and we were out.

Taça da Liga |

First Phase | Second Phase (Home | Away)

In our first shot at this competition we won all 3 games in the first phase to unexpectedly top the group. Second phase saw us draw Naval from the top flight. They spanked us 4-0 at home, at least 2 goals worse than our play deserved, to effectively end the tie. We managed a 2-1 consolation victory in the second leg.

Overall the cups were pretty pleasing ... made a bit of a run in each but nothing that extended too long and congested our schedule.

The upgrades seem to have done the trick, with our best intake in years:

João Carvalho (YP21a) (Report) - AMC/MC 5 star potential is not something we've seen a lot of lately so a very exciting prospect, dribbling and flair isn't something we've got in abundance in our midfield so should add some spark.

Leão Sousa (YP21b) (Report) - ML - Ugh, not really sure where this guy fits in, only plays a position I have no intention of using, strong physicals and set piece attributes and not much else. Going to need a few years in the youth team before I can even think of playing him I think.

Hélder Constantino (YP21c) (Report) - DR - A full back is certainly a position I need to bring into the squad, and being either footed adds a nice bit of versatility (certainly beats playing lefties on the right like we have been doing).

Carlos Fernandes (YP21d) (Report) - DC - 5 centre backs in 6 years is just too many ... this guy shows some aptitude at MC, so will probably be retrained there.

Davide Almeida (YP21e) (Report) - AMR - His defensive stats aren't the best right now, but given a few years can probably be made into a full back.

The squad is going to need some restructuring, clearly we're too striker heavy if we're not going to play 3, so at the least Rui Mateus (YP16f) will be gone. 19 league appearances (none this past year) in 5 injury plagued seasons with the club makes him the first real YP failure. José Mário Pedrosa (YP17c), a player who was originally signed just as filler but I upgraded this year (7 league apps) may also be out. I'm on the fence but it may be sentimental - he scored the goal that assured we'd stay up as a stoppage time substitute.

In other squad news, Carin, Ivanir Rodrigues and Carlos Canha are the final 3 originals left at the club. All are still useful backups who will hopefully be happy to stick around in that role for another season or two.

Hélder Silva (YP15a) remains the main man in attack for us, could only manage 13 league goals and 5 assists against the stiffer competition, but I'm hopeful as we improve so will his output.

Francisco Pinto Lopes (YP14a) passed the 200 games and 50 goal milestones this season. It required just about every horrible contract clause I could throw at him to get him re-signed at a wage I was allowed to offer, but he's very much worth it.

Marco Silva (YP18a) got called up to the Portuguese under 19s and played rather well for them. His performances for us have been less than spectacular, so clearly I need to do some tweaking of his role in the side.

Gilson Manuel Cruz (YP18b) keeps getting called up for Cape Verde which is great for him but rather an annoyance for me. Started to really show some strong performances towards the end of the year when put into his natural DM role.

Next Season

I think we now have a good base to build on, and barring some catastrophe we should be able to continue to hang on at this level. I think we're still a little while off being strong enough to push for the promotion spots, but hopefully with our upgraded youth recruitment the players we need will come through. Liga Orangina is a far more even competition than down in the third tier, and I think we'll go up faster than we did last time.

[b]Season    Tier   Expectation        Predicted   Finished    Cup       L Cup     Other Achievements
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8015318&viewfull=1#post8015318"]2012/13[/url]   3rd    Avoid Relegation   14th         6th        2nd Rnd   
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8017815&viewfull=1#post8017815"]2013/14[/url]   3rd    Top Half            8th         2nd        1st Rnd   
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8021689&viewfull=1#post8021689"]2014/15[/url]   3rd    Top Half            4th         6th        3rd Rnd   
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8026710&viewfull=1#post8026710"]2015/16[/url]   3rd    Top Half            8th         3rd        3rd Rnd             Goal of the Year
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8028656&viewfull=1#post8028656"]2016/17[/url]   3rd    Top Half            5th         4th        2nd Rnd   
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8030904&viewfull=1#post8030904"]2017/18[/url]   3rd    Top Half            6th         3rd        1st Rnd             Goal of the Year, 1 player Team of the Year
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8035154&viewfull=1#post8035154"]2018/19[/url]   3rd    Top Half            6th         2nd        3rd Rnd   
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310236-Ri916-s-FM-12-European-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8037691&viewfull=1#post8037691"]2019/20[/url]   3rd    Top Half            5th         1st        1st Rnd             Promoted! Manager otY, Player otY, 2nd young PotY, 2 players Team otY, leading league goalscorer
2020/21   2nd    Avoid Relegation   16th        12th        4th Rnd   Stage 2   2nd YPotY

3rd time is a charm for gaining promotion out of the bottom Spanish leagues, as we finish top of the league, and then score a comfortable 5-2 aggregate win over Real Unión to gain promotion to the 2nd tier.

Key to success was apparently sticking to a very basic 4-4-2 setup, along with the defence being a pretty regular back 4, the 1st choice keeper was injury free for the whole season and ended up participating in every game.

Table

Team Stats

Transfers

Youth Intake

Unsurprisingly is another relatively poor selection, though I did pick up another solid midfield choice, though with the ageing defence I really hope next years selection is a little better.

Marco Mas (YP03)

Development Report

Victor (YP01a) - Is still struggling to make an impact with the 1st team, he's performing ok with the reserve team, but will have to go out on loan this season if he's going to be a viable future prospect.

JCP Medina (YP01b) - Had a really impressive year in the first team, notching up 19 goals, and a team record setting 15 assists.

Serafin Mimun (YP02) - Had an good run as a utility midfield sub for the season, though sadly broke his foot in the final game of the year, so won't be available until Christmas at the earliest, but will probably get more first team starts after that.

As for this next year, avoiding relegation is the obvious priority, and with the much improved TV income(approx 2m for year), the bank balance should hopefully be positive by the end of the season, if not, another year in the LIGA adelante would do that. Annoyingly the board have seen fit to link me to an Italian team, I can't cancel this link until the end of the season, but it may prove useful as I might send my under-performing youngster over to them for the season instead. Promotion also gave the club another unexpected cost with the stadium needing to be upgraded to an all-seater, sadly no upgrade to the 4k capacity for now.

I messed up and forgot to save at seasons end so i have no squad stats page or Coach updates from the end of the season.

RFC_de_Lige.png

Full name Royal Football Club de Liège

Nickname(s) Les Sang et Marine

(The Blood and Marine)

Founded 1892

Ground Stade du Pairay,

Seraing

(Capacity: 6,744)

Chairman Jean-Paul Lacomble

Season 2017/18 - Season 7 - Belgian Pro League

Great season back in the Top Tier of Belgian football finishing just inside the top half and never even looking like getting dragged into a relegation battle. We did have some hard lessons to learn though .. Like play more defensive against the top teams or you'll get hammered!!!

Final Table - Euros Group!

Lost to Standard Liege in the 7th round of the Cup.

Finances are still poor, but only 2 seasons left on our biggest loan so hopefully we can start upgrading things then ... It's been awhile!

Look no Transfers

Player of the Season Award

The Youth of Liege ...

I'll put the report up from March (i always create a save for when the youth come through and end of season (except when i forget))

Youth Candidates 2019.

Savas Cekic TP7a Profile|Report

Vincent Dieudonne TP7b Profile|Report

Yassin Saykouk YP6

Ridvan Ibrahim YP5a

Vivian Causse YP5b

Laurent Fleury YP4

Philippe Langevin YP3a

Chad Gauss YP3b

Gauss will keep the tag for this season but not much chance he'll be wearing it next.

Joren Capouet YP2a

Maxime Renaud YP2b

Ianis Engel YP1

Adrien Trubia TP0

i asked the board pus when you move up some divisions they automatically change you to semi pro or professional why wud stay the same forever??

i was asking because in the boardroom interaction section it says '' the club will remain amatuer'' and because on wikipedia it says their moto is "Ludere Causa Ludendi" – to play for the sake of playing.''

i was asking because in the boardroom interaction section it says '' the club will remain amatuer'' and because on wikipedia it says their moto is "Ludere Causa Ludendi" – to play for the sake of playing.''

There was a thread in GD about this which I found when searching. Everyone in that thread said that QP cannot turn semi pro or professional and there's a guy that somehow got them to the SPL and has spent 20 seasons bobbing around midtable in it. Thanks for bringing this to my attention manutdfan, I don't like falsely accusing people but the OP does clearly say no edits Toon, and I'm not sure how else you managed to get them professional.

well it says nothing like that in my game and i just fired a new game up but watever not really that bothered its a game ;) just take the stuff out and ill conquer Scotland again

well it says nothing like that in my game and i just fired a new game up but watever not really that bothered its a game ;) just take the stuff out and ill conquer Scotland again

So you honestly did nothing to the game? It just happened? If you confirm this I'll believe you, but I'm not sure how it could have happened.

I've seen it happen and i know others have to, i always thought it was hard coded for them to never go Semi-Pro but i'm not sure on the circumstances but they can and do.

Thanks Brettney, sorry about that Toon, the thread I saw earlier everyone said you couldn't but brettney has no reason to lie so I'm sure what he says is true :)

Archived