How many goals would Messi have scored in this tournament?

gillsminnow

How many would Messi score?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How many would Messi score?

PMLF with pure hatred for Messi. :(

I don't hate him at all. :confused:

In fact, I think he is by far the best player in the world, but he usually doesn't score many goals in international tournament as he tends to set them up.

And the European Championship is harder than Copa América, so probably would score less goals there.

Joke thread obviously but... is this assuming Messi plays for whom?

In Spain he'd probably be the clear top scorer at the moment, with at least 4. Fits them perfectly, Spain have struggled badly for incisiveness into the box, Messi is the perfect false nine for their style.

However put him in Trapattoni's Ireland... well...

Nah, we get the Falkands into the EU, then give it back to Argentina, Messi declares he is Falkland through and through hey presto, Euro 2016 Leo bags 19.

More even if the Falklands would manage to field some actual footballers alongside Messi instead of 10 sheep.

Falklands in the EU :D

What next? Suggestions that Israel should become UEFA affiliated because they can't play their neighbours without risking a conflict breaking out?

lollerskates

I think the important part of this is what country we send to South America in its place.

Greece.

Would instantly raise the economy of the entire South American continent to near 3rd world levels.

Oh, and they play exactly the same sort of hatchet-man laden anti-football which was a staple of most South American sides for decades. Should go down a treat and be a perfectly painless integration.

Archived