2012/13 - 34th

2013/14 - 16th

2014/15 - 22nd

2015/16 - 28th

2016/17 - 20th

2017/18 - 12th

2018/19 - 14th

North American Champions League Finals

2011/12 - Santos Laguna 3 - 3 Pumas (won on away goals)

2012/13 - Xolos Tijuana 1 - 2 America (MEX)

2013/14 - New England 1 - 1 Tigres (won on penalties)

2014/15 - New York 3 - 1 Saprissa

2015/16 - America (MEX) 5 - 1 Cruz Azul

2016/17 - Pumas 4 - 2 Real Salt Lake

2017/18 - Pumas 2 - 3 Toros Neza

Copa Libertadores

2012 - Cruz Azul 1 - 3 Sao Paulo

2013 - Santos 1 - 3 Estudiantes (LP)

2014 - Estudiantes (LP) 3 - 1 Vasco

2015 - Fluminense 1 - 6 Estudiantes (LP)

2016 - Corinthians 0 - 5 Estudiantes (LP)

2017 - Alianza 1 - 4 Estudiantes (LP)

2018 - Estudiantes (LP) 4 - 1 Flamengo

Champions League Finals

2011/12 – Man. City 2 - 2 AC Milan (won on penalties)

2012/13 - R. Madrid 2 - 0 Benfica

2013/14 - Liverpool 0 - 2 Barcelona

2014/15 - Inter 2 - 2 Barcelona (won on penalties)

2015/16 - Inter 2 - 2 Barcelona (won on penalties)

2016/17 - Inter 0 - 1 Barcelona

2017/18 - AC Milan 1 - 2 Man. City

Europa League Finals

2011/12 – Lyon 2 - 0 Atletico Madrid

2012/13 - AC Milan 2 - 0 Liverpool

2013/14 - Arsenal 1 - 0 Bayern Munich (after extra time)

2014/15 - Liverpool 1 - 2 Malaga

2015/16 - Man. City 2 - 0 Porto

2016/17 - Porto 2 - 0 Dortmund

2017/18 - Newcastle 1 - 1 Roma (won on penalties)

Club World Championships

2011 - Santos 0 - 2 Barcelona

2012 - Sao Paulo 0 - 1 Antlers

2013 - Estudiantes (LP) 0 - 4 R. Madrid

2014 - Estudiantes (LP) 3 - 0 Barcelona

2015 - Estudiantes (LP) 0 - 1 Inter

2016 - Barcelona 1 - 2 Estudiantes (LP)

2017 - Estudiantes (LP) 0 - 5 Barcelona

World Cup Finals

2014 – Argentina 1 - 2 France

2018 - Holland 1 - 3 Russia

Gold Cup Finals

2013 - Mexico 1 - 2 USA

2015 - USA 2 - 1 Canada

2017 - Mexico 2 - 0 USA

Copa America Finals

2011 - Uruguay v Paraguay

2015 - Argentina 3 - 2 Uruguay (AET)

European Championship Finals

2012 – Portugal 3 - 1 England

2016 - Italy 0 - 1 Germany

100 Appearances

Player                     Year       Position        Appearances       Goals/Clean Sheets/(Assists)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GK:

Miguel Angel Fraga         2011-         GK               267                   91

DF:

Alberto Lucio              2011-         CB               249                   22 (2)
Eduardo Chavez             2010-17       RB               212                    2 (10)
Francisco Javier Dorame    2011-         LB               224                    6 (20)
Fernando Serrano           2012-         CB               172                   10 (8)
Fernando Corral            2011-         RB               142                    0 (5)
Victor Manuel Albarran     2010-         CB               111                    4 (2)

MF:

Ismael Pineda              2011-         DMC              258                   11 (30)
Luis Rosas                 2011-         MR               236                   48 (59)
Ubael Romero               2011-         AMC              206                   43 (88)
Victor Hugo Vega           2011-         MC               193                    8 (37)
Angel Fredi Diaz           2011-         MC               179                   15 (16)
Diego Mejia                2010-         MC               159                   21 (22)
Jorge Corral               2012-         MR               151                   24 (38)
Julien Benitez             2011-15       AML              122                   30 (31)

ST:

Emmanuel Guajardo          2011-         ST               205                   93 (40)
Leonardo Lopez             2013-         ST               118                   67 (28)

100 Goals/Assists/Clean sheets

Player                     Year       Position        Appearances              G/CS/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ST:

Pablo Razo                 2015-         ST                97                  100 (31)

All stats updated end of season.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Pre-Season 2018/19

Transfers

I wanted to push the finances back up to give us some funds to do some more work on facilities. So I opted to sell 27 year old Guajardo who has been a fantastic player for us over the past 7 seasons or so and his contribution will not be forgotten! But £5m was a great price for a player whose value was under £1m and all the best at Atlas! We also had good enough cover for the striker position as well. Well until Morelia came in and stole Luna from us with a release clause which doesn't exist.

Pre-Season Friendlies

NeDgp.png

Gained some fitness and morale is good. Couple injuries heading into the season, but nothing too drastic.

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

Got the board to spend the Guajardo money on upgrading the youth facilities, which'll take our balance down to just over £1m again, but it's forward progress. Other than that everything else is looking in tip top shape.

Mejia also retired at the age of 34. I would have taken him on as a staff member, but his stats are truly awful :lol:.

Interesting that Russia won the World Cup they hosted.

Yep! It helped that some of their team were greyed out and they were beasts.

Nice pre-season to go into the new season with.
Nice start of the season with some friendly victories

Definitely, I always like to go into the season with some positive friendly results.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

August 2018

League Fixtures

PaECS.png

League Table

FRclP.png

Average Points

League Analysis

An awesome month goal scoring wise and put ourselves well ahead of the pack in terms of goal difference. Still leaky as anything at the back and I never feel like we will always get a clean sheet. The loss to Monterrey was disappointing. We went 2-0 up, had a player sent off and then conceded 3. The draw with Morelia wasn't great either, but we were lucky for a point after going 3-1 down.

Razo has 15 goals in 8 games and Lopez has 8 in 8.

North American Champions League

Group Stage

Fixtures

FJWk7.png

NACL Analysis

So time to embark on retaining our NACL title. The group we have been drawn against has been favourable. I don't expect many slip ups here and hopefully we'll finish top of the group. We've started off very well getting two clean sheets in the process and some nice attacking displays as well.

Good start.Razo is on fire at the moment,hopefully he has started as he means to go on.

Thanks, yeah Razo still living up to the hype. Getting more and more managers turn up to our games to see him (amongst others). Nobody has put in a bid for him yet though.

Good pre season :) Hard to see the screenshot as they're tiny :eek:

Thanks. I'm sure this site resizes large screen shots so what you need to do is right click and then view image, or whatever option you have, then they will be full res :thup:

Thanks. I'm sure this site resizes large screen shots so what you need to do is right click and then view image, or whatever option you have, then they will be full res :thup:

Good tip as I've had the same problem with resizing.

Good tip as I've had the same problem with resizing.

Yeah I think it must be to do with page loading times and having to scroll to see the whole image. But not everyone knows they can still see the full resolution image just by doing that.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

September 2018

League Fixtures

xgcoM.png

League Table

fZezn.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Not a great month in which saw us fall off the pace at the top of the table. The loss at Pumas was pretty expected as they have been brilliant for the past couple seasons now and it shows why when they have only let in 5 goals so far this season as opposed to our 16. A good win over Atlas to get us back on track was soon faltered when we got beat 2-0 by America. I seem to struggle to play against their 3-2-3-2 formation. We was then able to get a little morale booster at the end of the season by beating Pachuca 2-0 thanks to a brace by Lopez. Razo was well off sorts getting just the solitary goal this month in the league but took his overall tally to 18 and Lopez is on 11.

Group Stage

Fixtures

ONXde.png

NACL Analysis

Yep we got hammered 5-1 at the hands of Sporting Kansas City. They just seemed to play well above their selves, or we were way below par. I did rest a few faces, but I still put out a team capable of getting a result, well that's what I thought. But it was a rude awakening and we were pushed down to 3rd in the group after that game. I went through the team and was handing out 2 week fines for fun and all but 1 accepted their fine, so at least they knew they were poor. A 2-0 win over Toronto put us back on top after SKC drew with Motagua. More importantly was the convincing win and we actually looked like a team. Still not through yet but I'd hope we can get a positive result against Motagua which'd see us to the knockout phase.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

October 2018

League Fixtures

maiMB.png

League Table

PilL5.png

Average Points

League Analysis

A better month this time round with 3 wins out of 4. Still just the one clean sheet but we managed to find our shooting boots again. The 6-2 win over Xolos was a story of two halves. They scored within the first minute, for us to equalise 3 minutes later, they then got another before half time for us to again level just before half time. We then went out and put another 4 past them thanks to two own goals and Razo finishing off his hatrick. We finished off with a solid win over Tigres who finished the month in first place, with Razo getting his secodn hatrick in as many games, taking his tally for the month up to 7 league goals. Not quite qualified for the play offs yet, but we look good for it.

Group Stage

Fixtures

bGh4R.png

NACL Analysis

A win over Motagua would have guaranteed us top spot, but we could only muster a draw. Luckily Sporting Kansas City were held as well meaning a draw would keep us top of the group. But we went one better and managed to scrape the win.

---

A little side note. I've started to lose a little motivation for this save, for whatever reason. So I plan on opening up a bunch of other leagues, stay at Toros Neza for a minimum of 1 more season (to let the other leagues get to grips with things), and then possibly look to move on or see how the save grabs me. Had a good 7/8 seasons but just feels a bit stagnated and could do with a fresh change. But never know, may change my mind and decide to stay and carry on as I am. There are reasons to stay and reasons to go. Time will tell.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

November 2018

Opening Stage Playoff Finals

GSoyj.png

Playoff Fixtures

zE0Sr.png

Playoff Analysis

We finished second in the league with Pumas finishing above us and we were drawn against Morelia. I fancied to batter them a bit with them stealing all my players. Not quite a battering, but two 2-0 wins was fine too. I wanted to avoid Pumas in the semi-finals due to needing to win rather than being able to draw due to them finishing higher, but we got Tigres who not long ago we beat 4-1, so we went into the game with the higher confidence i'm sure. Maybe a little too confident as we came out on the wrong end of a 2-1 result in which were pretty poor. The home leg was much more what I expected and we had a good go at them and ran out 3-1 winners going through 4-3 on aggregate. So on to the final, Pumas. The form team of the league over the past couple seasons. The first leg was great viewing for the neutral but heart ache for the managers. We went behind very, very early, 3 minutes early, so was up against it instantly. We equalised, then went behind, equalised and went ahead! Conceded. 3-3 was an okay result to take away, with both teams needing to win the next game for it to not to go extra time and penalties. Leg two soon came about and I thought we could sneak this game. We were completely and utterly, 100% the worst team. We couldn't cope with Pumas at all, they just closed us out of the game, we couldn't react quick enough. They had 31 shots at us over the course of the game, thankfully we resorted them to a lot of long shots which didn't trouble Fraga. But we were really bad. We took them to extra time, but that's when we faltered. Our team were tired, some key faces had to come off and they got the breakthrough on 104 minutes. We then hit the post in the 119th minute which could have taken us to pens! But it wasn't to be this time round.

Final Leg 1 | Final Leg 2

Player Stats

Here's how the team have been performing so far. As you can see our goals have almost all come through Razo and Lopez while Romero is assist heavy.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

December 2018

Club World Championships

gsJCc.png

CWC Fixtures

0fCAr.png

CWC Analysis

Due to winning the North American Champions League last season I was entered into this competition with the elite from the rest of the world. We were first up against South Korean outfit Pohang, who gave us a real run for our money. Was hoping for an easier quarter-final tie than this, but we just managed to scrape through with a 119th minute winner thanks to a Razo volley. We were then drawn against European Champions League winners, Manchester City. Oh boy their team is crazy. And if I struggled against Pumas I was dreading to think what the score would be here. Anything less than 5-0 and it'll be a successful match! We managed to hold them off for 30 minutes before they headed their way in front from a corner. Then it carried one being one way traffic, but we defended relatively well. They added two more goals in the second half to finish off an easy victory for them. No qualms from me though, I couldn't have imagined a result here. Our final game of the Club World Championships saw us in the third-place playoff against Club Africain of Tunisia. A much better match up for us and we dominated this game. Disappointed we couldn't put a few more past them, but delighted with the win and 3rd place.

Shame about losing the opening stage to Pumas but coming 3rd in the Club World Cup is still a brilliant achievement.

Yeah thought we could have given a better account of ourselves in the playoff final, but didn't expect much from the Man City game. Aguero went on to win player of the year after tearing us, and presumably every other team, to pieces.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

January 2019

Transfers

Just a shed load of loans to our feeder clubs. Few of them could use the first team experience and a few I just wanted to get rid to stop clogging up the squad page.

I tied up a few more players on longer contracts, most notably Romero who was very hard to get to sign after he's yet again been making noise that he wants to leave. If I ever decide to leave the Toros Neza spot I'd expect him to leave not long after. Same with a couple other of our players.

Off-Season Friendlies

sh5il.png

Good results, no injury concerns which is a good sign.

North American Champions League Quarter Finals

DYKVb.png

I really wanted to avoid the Mexican sides, but the odds weren't in our favour and we've been handed a tough tie against Chivas. I have them very soon in the league so it'll be a nice taster of what's to come.

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

Everything looking pretty tip top. Finances are going up again thanks to the prize money in the Club World Championships and the work on the facilities are chugging along. Well under wage budget, too.

Just caught back up with this thread, can hardly believe the amount of progress you've made! Great work winning trophies in Mexico and also winning the North American Champions League! Do you know how the game decides which clubs go into the Libertadores and which go into the NACL? Little bit confused there.

Razo is a beast, surprised no one from Europe has come and bid for him yet :D

Just caught back up with this thread, can hardly believe the amount of progress you've made! Great work winning trophies in Mexico and also winning the North American Champions League! Do you know how the game decides which clubs go into the Libertadores and which go into the NACL? Little bit confused there.

Razo is a beast, surprised no one from Europe has come and bid for him yet :D

Thanks for popping back in :D. I've had time on my hands so been able to really crack on! I didn't expect as much success as we've had, but a few good intakes and other teams inconsistency goes a long way. As for the qualification, I have absolutely no idea. I have been in the Libertadores once and that was "by virtue of league position" or something. I'd much rather go into the Copa Libertadores as it's a much, much higher rated competition than the NACL. But no, I have no idea how teams get in either. When I load up again next I'll have a look see if there's any thing I can see.

He is one of those few good intakes which go a long way! He is a beast, he's already getting 50 goals a season and he's only 18 or so. We've had inbox messages saying teams are interested and that they'd have to pay £52m for him. I think it's helped having a £100m asking price, puts off some buyers. As his rep increases I don't think we'd be able to keep him forever, as with Romero, he'll start to make noise about wanting bigger contracts and then move to a bigger club.

Good 3rd place in the CWC.

Cheers :thup:

First time I have read this thread, read the whole thing and absolteuly love it. What an achievement and i hope I can make my thread as successful as this!

Thanks mate!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

January & February 2019

League Fixtures

vTU1j.png

League Table

Ow4xP.png

Average Points

League Analysis

An awesome two months saw us win all of our games except for the match against Chivas, which didn't give me much hope going into our NACL match. The season got off to an impressive start sticking 6 past Atlante. The stand out results would be against Monterrey and Pumas (who have had a really poor start finding themselves in 14th). We are sitting 2 points clear at the top at this early stage. Accompanying us in the play offs are a few surprise teams Irapuato, Toluca, Tecos and even America.

Razo is up to 33 league goals in 31 appearances. Lopez is on 22 in 31.

Quarter Finals

Fixture

SRzOR.png

NACL Analysis

It's a game I was dreading after our league game where they over powered us. But this is a different competition and league form accounts for nothing. We ran out impressive 3-0 winners in this away first leg. Our wingers were awesome in this game and either Vega or Corral could have picked up the man of the match award, which went to Vega.

We've 1 more league game and then it's Youth Intake day!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Youth Intake 2019

OKUKJ.png

Contracts offered to:

Jairo Serrano - Coach Report; Central Defender

Aldo Infante - Coach Report; Central Defender

Brad Thompson - Coach Report; Left Midfielder

So here are this years youth intake. I was hoping for either a central defender or an central attacking midfielder, as our backup options for those positions are starting to age and we need replacements. Got two promising central defenders, although only hold out any hope that Jairo Serrano will make it as a future first team regular, but his natural fitness looks a worry. Hopefully he isn't injury prone and is able to play a game or two a week. Aldo Infate looks like he may be able to offer backup in years to come. Brad Thompson, half Mexican, half American, looks OK but not expecting him to make the grade as he develops.

Happy again with the intake. Got 1 potential first teamer and added a bit of depth to the central defence position. Hopefully next year throws us an attacking midfielder.

Aside from Chivas it's a great run in the league.

Definitely, and wasn't looking for it to end!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

March 2019

League Fixtures

ZFuJJ.png

League Table

3yB5k.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Another excellent month in the league and we have really distanced ourselves from the chasing pack. 10 points clear with 4 games to go says it all. I'd be very surprised if we didn't finish top, all I'm hoping is that Pumas find their form at the beginning of this Closing Stage and drop out of the play offs! Some more emphatic wins and some of our attacking play is a joy. Pablo Razo still on monsterous form surpassing his 53 haul total of last season. Hoping he'll hit 60 this season, we'll need his goals if we're to win both the play offs and the NACL. As you can also see from that screenshot I've had to offer him a new contract which is why he's now on a whopping £21k per week! Could not get that down, but can't afford to lose him.

Quarter and Semi Finals

Fixtures

UCnpj.png

NACL Analysis

We went into the second leg of the quarters 3-0 up, and added to that tally with 2 more beating Chivas 5-0 on aggregate. We were then drawn against our group compatriots Sporting Kansas City, and I gave them a bit more respect this time round and played a strong side. We came out 2-1 winners at home which leaves us vulnerable in the away leg. An away goal will be key. I'm also hopping Saprissa can surprise Pumas in their next game so we'd have a slightly easier final (if we get there!)

Pumas is always a difficult club to play. But good win against Kansas City.

They are a pain, and such a weird club as far as results go. They'll have a horrible month like they did at the start of the season with just 1 win in 7, then be unstoppable. Since the defeat against us they've not lost in 14 matches.

Looking brilliant so far,hopefully you can finish Kansas off and then beat Pumas in the final.Razo maybe on £21k a week but he is worth every penny of it.

I have to agree about Razo. I don't think we really have the funds yet for that sort of wage, and I hope nobody else is getting any ideas that they'll get a wage like him, because they'll be in for a shock. But Razo is literally so vital towards our success now.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

April 2019

League Fixtures

OwXrg.png

League Table

zZXJJ.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Another good month in which we only really needed a couple points to guarantee top spot. Those points came straight away against second placed Irapuato as we dominated the game and won 3-2. Disappointed that they only had 2 shots on target and scored from them. But we were largely in control for the entire game. Wins over Tecos and Tigres followed with the Tigres match being a fortunate one and we won the game in the 94th minute with a towering header by Pablo Ramos. I tried to rest a few in the final game, and take the rest off at half time, so not overly surprised we lost the final game. But morale is still up and we go into the playoffs facing off against Tecos.

Semi Final

Fixture

GP8DR.png

NACL Analysis

Just the second leg here and all we needed was a draw. We made tough work of it to say the least. We conceded right before half time, before equalising right after half time. We then found ourselves 2-1 down and it looked like extra time loomed. 6 minutes from time and after some neat build up play Romero was able to draw us level and putting us into the final winning 3-2 on aggregate. We then do in fact face Pumas who drew in their second leg as well to see them through.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Toros Neza Manager Enters Hall of Fame

May 2019 - End of Season Review

North American Champions League Final

AFdq0.png

NACL Final Fixtures

NACL Analysis

The final of the North American Champions League has come around again and we are here to retain our title against the challengers, Pumas. Once again Pumas looked to have hit form at the right time. So we kick off. 2 minutes in, 1-0 down thanks to some sloppy defending letting in 37 year old Cacho to slot home effortlessly. We like to do things the hard way it would seem. Not to fear, 7 minutes later it was our turn to profit from wasteful defending and Luis Rosas, who was playing out of position up front due to injuries, found some space and put it past the keeper near post. 1-1 and game on. We started to control the game a bit more and was fortunate not to go behind when they hit the post soon after our equaliser. We were then awarded a penalty 25 minutes in which Razo confidently puts home. Half time and 2-1 up. Directly after kick off we extend our lead thanks to a bit of Razo magic. We kept pushing and was further rewarded for our efforts and 30 minutes from time Razo gets his hatrick. Superb performance! But he wasn't done yet. 13 minutes to go and he adds a 4th after he was set one on one with their keeper on the counter. 5-1 and the NACL is all but retained.

The second leg came soon after, and we were in an outrageously good position to keep hold of the title. We didn't have the best of games, but we didn't need to be on top form. I rested a couple faces, but very few, I didn't want to slip up. We managed to extend out lead even more after only 14 minutes when Pablo Ramos rose above everyone and nodded home from close range. 6-1 on aggregate. We let our guard slip just after half time when they found some space and made it 1-1, but just 3 minutes later we were back in front thanks to Razo. 2-1 and 7-2 on aggregate was enough to destroy any morale Pumas had and the game eventually just ran out. North American Champions League winners two years on the trot!

Final First Leg | Final Second Leg

Closing Stage Playoff Finals

FPhCu.png

Playoff Fixtures

Closing Stage Playoff Finals Tree

Playoff Analysis

After missing out on the Opening Stage we were geared up for this and looking to retain the Closing Stage from last year. First in our way was Tecos. We powered through them with a 4-0 first leg win. 3 goals coming before half time and Razo getting his second late in the second half. A 1-0 home win added to the goals and put us through to the semi finals 5-0 on aggregate where we faced a very tricky team in Chivas. It proved to be a difficult encounter as we found ourselves 2-0 down within 30 minutes and completely out of ideas. We got to half time with just the 2 goal deficit and played marginally better in the second half. We put the pressure on and in the 69th minute Pablo Ramos, who has found a bit of goal scoring form, was there to meet a Romero free kick to put us back in with a shout. The game was coming to a close and I would have taken a 2-1, but Ubael Romero had different ideas, and with 1 minute to go he drove into the box and put the ball between the keepers legs for a dramatic 2-2 finish. The home leg was much more to our expectations where we controlled the game and looked to be the only attacking threat of the game. The opener was very, very lucky as our right back, Rebora, came down the right flank, checked back and crossed with his left foot which found its way into the far corner. Just before half time, the danger man from set pieces proved to be just that again as Ramos put us 2 ahead with a diving header. We went into the break 4-2 up on aggregate. We then sealed the tie with 20 minutes to go as our left back found a whole heap of space on the left near the box, and as he ran in he shot across goal to make it 3-0. An all defence masterclass of scoring goals! They got their consolation in the 92nd minute, but we go through to the final 5-3 on aggregate.

So for the third time this season we were up against Pumas in a final. They got the better of us in the Opening Stage, we got the better of them in the North American Champions League, and so it all boils down to the best of 3 in this Closing Stage. The first leg was horrible viewing. We were pretty clueless and looked very lethargic during the game. They got the one and only goal in the 37th minute and we just didn't have an answer. By mid-point in the second half I opted to just keep bodies back and keep the score line down, then go for it hard in the second leg. We had the odd counter chance but nothing substantial and were lucky to keep it at 1-0 going into the home leg. It didn't take us long into the second leg to level the score as on 9 minutes Esteban Sanchez met a cross on the edge of the area with a diving header which floated into the top corner. While Pumas were stunned it gave us a great chance to take a hold of this game and play how we wanted to. We passed well and looked for our chances rather than try to force the matter. Mr. Set Piece fired us into a 2-1 aggregate lead on 26 minutes, and we put another in right before half time thanks to Razo. We went into the break high on confidence while presumably Pumas must have felt a little disheartened. Pumas tried to force the game and get a goal back early, but we defended well and just retained possession, frustrating them. 15 minutes left to go and we were looking good. A quick break saw Pumas get one back, putting the game back in the balance. 3-2 on aggregate and the next goal would be absolutely crucial. As they say, you are at your most vulnerable after just scoring, and Razo proved that to be true as 4 minutes later he put us back with some breathing room and make it 4-2 on agg. 10 minutes for Pumas to salvage something, but it wasn't to be for them. We had a freekick 93rd minute, we knew we had won, but our old favourite, Lucio, got himself the final goal of the season with what must be one of his final few appearances. Job done and Closing Stage winners!

Final First Leg | Final Second Leg

Squad Review

*Only including players with a minimum of 10 appearances*

[/url]

League Team Stats

GK

Positional Rating: 4/10

CB

Positional Rating: 6/10

FB

DLP

Positional Rating: 7/10

W

AMC

ST

Positional Rating: 8/10

Behind the Scenes

Everything looking good again. Decent enough balance for now.

Congrats on winning the closing stage and the NACL!65 goals of Razo is very impressive,quite scary considering he is only 18 years old.

Cheers :thup:. Yeah Razo is crazy, without a doubt wouldn't be as successful without him. The 'likes to round keeper' and 'places shots' ppm's have really complimented his game. Scores a lot more. He'll run the club into the ground with bonuses though I'm sure :lol:.

The board has cancelled the expansion of the youth and training facilities due to lack of funds. And the next day I get approached by America offering a £15.5m budget. But turned it down, would find it hard to manage another Mexican side. Although I'm still questioning my Toros Neza future, another team in Mexico would be out of the question I reckon.

Mexican First Division Rankings in the World

2011/12 – 13th

2012/13 - 12th

2013/14 - 12th

2014/15 - 12th

2015/16 - 13th

2016/17 - 14th

2017/18 - 14th

2018/19 - 14th

2019/20 - 13th

Mexico National Team World Rankings

2011/12 – 20th

2012/13 - 34th

2013/14 - 16th

2014/15 - 22nd

2015/16 - 28th

2016/17 - 20th

2017/18 - 12th

2018/19 - 8th

2019/20 - 11th

North American Champions League Finals

2011/12 - Santos Laguna 3 - 3 Pumas (won on away goals)

2012/13 - Xolos Tijuana 1 - 2 America (MEX)

2013/14 - New England 1 - 1 Tigres (won on penalties)

2014/15 - New York 3 - 1 Saprissa

2015/16 - America (MEX) 5 - 1 Cruz Azul

2016/17 - Pumas 4 - 2 Real Salt Lake

2017/18 - Pumas 2 - 3 Toros Neza

2018/19 - Pumas 2 - 7 Toros Neza

Copa Libertadores

2012 - Cruz Azul 1 - 3 Sao Paulo

2013 - Santos 1 - 3 Estudiantes (LP)

2014 - Estudiantes (LP) 3 - 1 Vasco

2015 - Fluminense 1 - 6 Estudiantes (LP)

2016 - Corinthians 0 - 5 Estudiantes (LP)

2017 - Alianza 1 - 4 Estudiantes (LP)

2018 - Estudiantes (LP) 4 - 1 Flamengo

2019 - River 2 - 1 Sao Paulo

Champions League Finals

2011/12 – Man. City 2 - 2 AC Milan (won on penalties)

2012/13 - R. Madrid 2 - 0 Benfica

2013/14 - Liverpool 0 - 2 Barcelona

2014/15 - Inter 2 - 2 Barcelona (won on penalties)

2015/16 - Inter 2 - 2 Barcelona (won on penalties)

2016/17 - Inter 0 - 1 Barcelona

2017/18 - AC Milan 1 - 2 Man. City

2018/19 - Inter 0 - 4 Man. Utd

Europa League Finals

2011/12 – Lyon 2 - 0 Atletico Madrid

2012/13 - AC Milan 2 - 0 Liverpool

2013/14 - Arsenal 1 - 0 Bayern Munich (after extra time)

2014/15 - Liverpool 1 - 2 Malaga

2015/16 - Man. City 2 - 0 Porto

2016/17 - Porto 2 - 0 Dortmund

2017/18 - Newcastle 1 - 1 Roma (won on penalties)

2018/19 - Juventus 1 - 0 Palermo

Club World Championships

2011 - Santos 0 - 2 Barcelona

2012 - Sao Paulo 0 - 1 Antlers

2013 - Estudiantes (LP) 0 - 4 R. Madrid

2014 - Estudiantes (LP) 3 - 0 Barcelona

2015 - Estudiantes (LP) 0 - 1 Inter

2016 - Barcelona 1 - 2 Estudiantes (LP)

2017 - Estudiantes (LP) 0 - 5 Barcelona

2018 - Man. City 2 - 1 Estudiantes (LP)

World Cup Finals

2014 – Argentina 1 - 2 France

2018 - Holland 1 - 3 Russia

Gold Cup Finals

2013 - Mexico 1 - 2 USA

2015 - USA 2 - 1 Canada

2017 - Mexico 2 - 0 USA

2019 - Mexico 2 - 1 USA

Copa America Finals

2011 - Uruguay v Paraguay

2015 - Argentina 3 - 2 Uruguay (AET)

2019 - Brazil 2 - 3 Argentina

European Championship Finals

2012 – Portugal 3 - 1 England

2016 - Italy 0 - 1 Germany

--

100 Appearances

Player                     Year       Position        Appearances       Goals/Clean Sheets/(Assists)

GK:

Miguel Angel Fraga         2011-         GK               327                   111

DF:

Alberto Lucio              2011-         CB               289                   25 (4)
Francisco Javier Dorame    2011-         LB               246                    7 (21)
Fernando Serrano           2012-         CB               232                   13 (9)
Eduardo Chavez             2010-17       RB               212                    2 (10)
Fernando Corral            2011-         RB               180                    0 (6)
Enrique Samario            2014-         LB               154                    0 (6)
Pablo Ramos                2014-         CB               132                    9 (4)
Victor Manuel Albarran     2010-18       CB               111                    4 (2)

MF:

Ismael Pineda              2011-         DMC              310                   11 (36)
Luis Rosas                 2011-         MR               264                   52 (62)
Ubael Romero               2011-         AMC              260                   60 (122)
Victor Hugo Vega           2011-         MC               240                   13 (54)
Jorge Corral               2012-         MR               201                   31 (51)
Angel Fredi Diaz           2011-         MC               179                   15 (16)
Diego Mejia                2010-         MC               181                   21 (27)
Julien Benitez             2011-15       AML              122                   30 (31)

ST:

Emmanuel Guajardo          2011-18       ST               205                   93 (40)
Leonardo Lopez             2013-         ST               173                   95 (45)
Pablo Razo                 2015-         ST               155                  165 (46)

100 Goals/Assists/Clean sheets

Player                     Year       Position        Appearances              G/CS/A

GK:

Miguel Angel Fraga         2011-         GK               327                   111

MF:

Ubael Romero               2011-         AMC              260                    60 (122)

ST:

Pablo Razo                 2015-         ST                155                  165 (46)

All stats updated end of season.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Pre-Season 2019/20

Transfers

Sigh. Yet again the most ridiculous rule in the game is doing me over. It's very hard to do a youth only career when you have one club poaching all your players with very little say about it.

Pre-Season Friendlies

SvPRO.png

All good. Some nice clean sheets as well.

Future Info

Right, I've decided this will be my last season with Toros Neza. Couple reasons:

- I feel like I'm just going through the motions now, and I've lost the edge to keep going season after season.

- This: fkxyy.png It is an utterly ridiculous thing about the game and when doing a youth only save it literally ruins it. How are you supposed to build a team when your players can just get signed by another team without any say?

Anyway that's all from that. I'll do at least the Opening Stage then see what other opportunities are out there, but I'll try get a full season in before I leave. I've already turned down the America and Corinthians jobs. Mexico have just offered me the national job role, but don't think I'll take it as there's no competitions coming up for a year or two.

Eluniversal_logo.PNG

Toros Neza Boss Takes the Reign at Mexico

Met by journalists outside Estadio Neza, Michel Troisi was the surprise candidate to take over the helm as the Mexican National Team boss. One reporter asked; "Why did you choose to take over the national team job? And do you think the players will be willing to play for you?" Another reporter add; "There has been recently speculation regarding your future as Toros Neza boss, where do you stand? And will you favour towards any of your existing players?"

"Firstly, I'd like to thank the Mexican FA for bestowing me this great honour and I would like to assure the everyone that I intend to take Mexico to great heights. There is time before any formal tournament begins which gives me adequate time in order to get the team looking and playing the way I want them to. The current crop of players will learn to understand my methods and in turn will be hungry to play for a winning side. As far as my current position with Toros Neza is concerned, I approached the board at the end of the season and I have let them know that I will be leaving my position as manager within the year. As for taking my squad to the national level, if the team carry on progressing, then we may see a few more faces in the national squad in the future."

cnhMo.png

Fedemexfut2009logo.png

Mexico Profile

Squad

Sbprx.png

My assistant's initial reports. I need to look over the team and the national pool, as well as the backroom staff, and then figure out a first XI.

If anyone wants any screen shots of any players or anything feel free to ask.

Congrats on the Mexican job. YOu've done well with Toros Neza.

Cheers mate. It feels the right time to move on. I'm usually not a big fan of international jobs, but this was a way to still get to use some of the players I've grown fond of and still keep with the Mexican contingency.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

August 2019

League Fixtures

7J2aW.png

League Table

6VwWE.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Going very strong in the opening stages of the league, scoring for fun and winning all of our games. Cruz Azul and Pumas were the tough looking matches so happy to get out of them with all 3 points. We're playing well and the lack of depth once again hasn't caught up with us yet, although I suspect it will in time.

Group Stage

Fixtures

2Llv4.png

NACL Analysis

On path to retain our North American Champions League title for a 3rd consecutive season, and we're off to a flyer. Powered our way past Costa Rican side Alajuelense 7-1 with Razo getting 4 and Lopez getting his hatrick. We then put 5 past LA Galaxy with Razo and Lopez getting one goal less than they did in the opening fixture. Looking very comfortable in the group stages so far. The other team in our group is Guatemala side Comunicaciones, who I'd hope we can give similar treatment too.

150px-Fedemexfut2009logo.png

First Game In Charge

Mexico 1 - 0 Slovenia

Our first game in charge of Mexico saw us face off against Slovenia in a friendly match. The idea for me was to get a feel for the players and try and work out the best tactic for them. I went for a 4-4-2 with advanced wingers (or 4-2-4) and it worked well. We felt in control, just a shame we couldn't get a few more goals. I want to try and bring through some more younger players, as the Mexican first team was pretty old, and we do have some good youngsters. They don't have the best of wide players so I may look to play a more narrow formation in our next few friendlies, which are against Brazil, Italy and Tunisia. I'll do updates on those at the end of October.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

September 2019

League Fixtures

eAdxv.png

League Table

DnVmF.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Another really good month with 3 out of 4 wins and all wins coming with a clean sheet, nice to see we've started doing something right, means we don't have to try for the huge wins every game. The loss to Tigres was deserved, we were poor. They scored early on and from then dictated the game. We had no answers and rightfully came away with nothing. Razo had been injured for around 4/5 weeks so we have had to make do without his firepower up front. Sanchez stepped up more than Lopez did, which surprised me a little, but it was mostly our defenders and wingers who were the biggest threats in the games. The goals scored in the Jaguares game were all headers by our defensive players.

Sitting pretty at the top of the table still with a game in hand. Hopefully we make use of it and keep a little gap between us and the chasing pack.

Group Stage

Fixtures

BisYa.png

NACL Analysis

I was hoping for a big win over Comunicaciones but we failed to deliver. I suppose we don't have any else of Razo's quality that's able to tear through defences so easily. But we ahead after only 3 minutes, so I thought we'd be on to another high scoring game. We were very wasteful with chances and it was only a matter of time before it turned against us as we conceded an own goal to level the scoring. Definitely a game we should have won. On to the second set of fixtures and we got all 3 points off Alajuelense thanks to our two deep lying playmakers Canas and Pineda. 1 more point will guarantee us qualification, but a win over LA in our next match would guarantee us top spot.

Still doing brilliantly on the domestic front and a good start with Mexico.

Yeah we've really surpassed ourselves in the league, I'm just glad we're getting a few clean sheets in this time round. The Mexico side has a very good attack, midfield average and defence is mix of good and bad. I think I'll get some screen shots up when I next update with what my line up is going to be like.

Brilliant start the the Champions League too.

Yeah definitely! Positive results, and looked to have booked our place in the quarter finals. Just hoping to avoid the Mexican sides as usual!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

October 2019

League Fixtures

FxHan.png

League Table

GOGiN.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Another decent month in which we secured a play off position. Started off with a loss as we tend to do for some reason, but picked it up with the remaining games with some good performances. Razo off the pace a touch with just the two goals in 5 games.

Group Stage

Fixtures

z1C9c.png

NACL Analysis

Two comfortable wins gave us top spot in the group. The only Mexican side we can meet in the quarter finals are Chivas, so I'll be looking to avoid them.

150px-Fedemexfut2009logo.png

Friendlies

Brazil 3 - 1 Mexico

A real taste of how international teams are shaping up and Brazil are an immense looking national team still. We were under the cosh the whole game and were rightfully beat. But it did look like we were in for a shock result after the OG just 5 minutes in, but that was soon cancelled out.

Mexico 4 - 0 Italy

A very surprising result here. After the Brazil game I didn't have much faith in getting a result against a very strong looking Italy team. But we were excellent, we utilised our width perfectly and that's what won us the match.

Tunisia 0 - 1 Mexico

A game we should have won by minimum 3 goals, but our finishing was really poor and it took us until the last few minutes to get the goal. Everything else was great, but our finishing was not very good at all. Hopefully just a bit of complacency which we can sort out.

Nice to see you still going strong on all fronts.Very impressive win over Italy as well

Yeah we were doing well! And yeah a good couple results in the friendlies.

Good to see you smashed that group. Good friendlies results with Mexico

Love a good group smashing!

Good start with the national team.

Yeah been a nice introduction to international management.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

November and December 2019

Opening Stage Playoff Finals

wWlc9.png

Playoff Fixtures

YOGKU.png

Playoff Analysis

A disappointing end to a successful league campaign. We had beat Monterrey in the final league game 1-0, so we went in high on confidence. The first leg was just appalling from us. Even though it was a relatively even game statistically, we never looked like creating or converting many chances, and this was our undoing. A long range effort opened the scoring and then another for them before half time sealed the deal. In the second leg all we needed was to win by 2 goals and we would go through being higher seeds. We played a lot better this game and you could see Monterrey were just looking to keep tight at the back and not commit too many forward. Our pressure paid off before 20 minutes and we got another 5 minutes later. We scored our 3rd in injury time of the first half. We looked to be cruising through to the semi-finals, but a goal back for them with 30 minutes to go put the score level at 3-3 on aggregate. The tables turned and we were the more defensive while they put on the pressure and it got to the 90th minute and I thought we'd won it. 95th minute and still no whistle. Freekick just outside the box, far right. Ball gets played in, lapse of concentration lets the attacking player get their head on the ball to take the score to 3-2. We lost 4-3 on aggregate. Hard to take that was!

Club World Championships

Bn4Ms.png

CWC Fixtures

CWC Tree

CWC Analysis

Here we are again trying to do one better than last season and make it to the final. First up was Seoul who we promptly put aside with a comfy 4-1 win. A lot of fringe players this game due to injuries and they all impressed, couple even getting amongst the goals. Unfortunately for us, we were drawn against the European Champions again, this time it was Manchester United. We got well and truly destroyed. The game was over by half time when they put 4 past us, with Rooney getting a hatrick and Kwadwo Asamoah scoring an absolute pearler. We got a consolation goal 20 minutes from time, but we were outclassed. As to be expected though. So we entered the 3rd place playoff stage and we had Argentine side River Plate. It didn't start too well going 1-0 down in 2 minutes, but we equalised 2 minutes later and the goal started to quiet down. We took the lead couple minutes from time with Corral getting his 2nd. After going 3-1 up in the second half we let them get a goal which made the final 15 minutes a nervy one. But not to fear. Romero got the 4th and final goal with 8 minutes to go. We held on and finished as we did last season.

Archived