150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

February 2017

League Fixtures

Up0IE.png

League Table

kh8DR.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Another month in which the goals have been flowing. Pleased with the results in all except the 3-3 with Chivas. Clearly they were out for some revenge, but we went 3-0 up by half time. An injury to Pineda in the second half sent us into a freefall. I should have changed the tactic a bit to accommodate his absence, so I only have myself to blame really. But throwing away a 3-0 lead is tough to take. Then went on to smash 5 past Jaguares.

We've moved p to 2nd in the Average Points ranking. We're starting to show some dominance in the league which has surprised me, didn't think we'd make such strides so soon. Good batch of kids have helped.

North American Champions League Quarter Finals

FTXzb.png

NACL Analysis

Just the one leg against Saprissa. Played a second string and a 2-0 result is a great lead to take home. Mendez who got the first goal got himself sent off with two poor challenges, so he'll miss the next leg.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Fernando Serrano

Starting to look very assured at the back. Glad he's got over his long injury he sustained.

Key midfielder: Ismael Pineda

An unsung hero at Toros Neza. As they say, you don't know what you have until it's gone.

Key attacker: Pablo Razo

Still breaking records. He does often miss chances to get his hatrick though.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Youth Intake 2017

Didn't realise if you processed a day after you couldn't go back to look at your youth intake without seeing the rest of your U20s. So I missed that ship. Anyway...

Contracts offered to:

Baltazar Rosas -Coach Report; Left Attacking Midfielder

Emilio Luna - Coach Report; Striker

Brandon Zamora - Coach Report; Left Fullback

José Rebora - Coach Report; Right Wing Back

My hope was to get a right back, a left midfielder and a competent goal keeper. Rosas doesn't look half bad and has the potential to make it at the club. I only have one player who can naturally play at left mid in the team, so he'll be backup to that position. I wasn't going to take on Emilio due to nothing really standing out about him. But I went for it anyway if my assistant thinks he can reach Razo's level. Zamora's Determination won me over, and the need for someone to play right back earned Rebora a contract (needs a little retraining).

All in all, nothing to brag about, but added a little more depth to the team. And once again this intake are very weak.

North American Champions League

zfe1k.png

We beat Saprissa 2-0 in the home leg and we're now drawn against Real Salt Lake. So I'll look forward to that game. Surprised Olimpia were able to knockout America!

Love this Career Mikal, keep it up, some nice results as well :thup:

Thanks for the kind words!

Good luck against the Americans.

Cheers, I've had a browse through their squad and I'm quietly confident!

Still going strong,good luck against Real Salt Lake :thup:

Yep, we're still punching above our weight. A lot of it is down to not having a vast amount of injuries to key players.

Had a busy week at work but hoping to get some game time in this evening! I know we have some tough league fixtures coming up including Monterrey and America.

Imagine this happening in real life!

Ha, yeah I thought the same thing!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

March 2017

League Fixtures

0KeBg.png

League Table

2kUwK.png

Average Points

League Analysis

We started off the league with a loss away at Monterrey, even after going 1-0 up and with them down to 10 men, so that was disappointing. We bounced back with a good win over America despite some heavy pressure late on. Cruz Azul pummelled us into the ground before we knocked 5 past Atlante and 3 past Tecos. Trouble at the back again, might need to compromise our attacking style a touch. We sit top of the table end of the month, but Pumas have a game in hand on us and a draw would see them move to 1st.

We've got a few injury concerns. Our right winger is still out for another 4 months. Razo has a sprained ankle and will be out for another 5/6 weeks. Lopez has a suspension and will miss the next league game.

Top spot in the Average Points ranking which is a delight. Did not expect such a rise, but the inconsistency of some of the other top teams definitely helps.

North American Champions League Semi Finals

64big.png

NACL Analysis

We underestimated RSL. They passed the ball well, tackled well and moved forward well. We didn't let them have many shots, but they frustrated us more than anything. Our finishing was not up to scratch, even with an almost first XI. We came away the better side, but without anything to show for it. Big second leg for us!

Pumas look as good as in the final to be honest.

Player Analysis

Key defender: N/A

Key midfielder: Luis Rosas

With Corral's injury, Rosas has stepped up well, assists and goals.

Key attacker: Leonardo Lopez

With Razo's injury, Lopez has stood up even moreso. He was impressive before, and he's really banging in the goals for us now. Just as important to the squad as Razo has been.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

April 2017

League Fixtures

t6pOq.png

League Table

40LkL.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Good finishing position. Was impossible to keep up with Pumas who were just ridiculously good all season and didn't lose a single match. Their two draws were in the first 3 games and didn't drop a single point after that. We started the month bright with a win over Santos Laguna. We went 1-0 up only to fall 2-1 behind, we then scored 3 in the final 13 minutes after they had a player sent off. Then was the form team Pumas and we barely got a sniff, even after they had a player sent off just before half time. Back on track with an impressive display against Toluca. We went 1-0 down on 36 minutes, then went into beast mode and scored 5 in the space of 15 minutes. League positions were tied up by the final game, so I put out a reserve side to save my key players for the play offs, and they did an okay job, but fell short.

Morelia are up in the play off quarter finals.

Dropped to 3rd on Average Points with Pumas and Chivas overtaking us.

North American Champions League Semi Finals

dbZok.png

NACL Analysis

Devastated! I don't think we've been played for fools as much as this game. It started badly when Zimmerman scored a freekick after only 9 minutes and then it was just an uphill battle from there. We went into the break just the 1 goal down, but Real Salt Lake didn't rest on their laurels and attacked us again from the off and were rewarded when they scored a piledriver 3 minutes after the restart. We then got hit on the counter and then the final blow came in the 92nd minute. We just did not have the answers this game. We field a mostly first XI side, but I wanted to play some youngsters just cause they got us this far. But we won't be underestimating teams any more!

Player Analysis

Key midfielder: Ubael Romero

Our key assister, and a very important part of the teams attack.

Key attacker: Pablo Razo and special mention to Esteban Sanchez

Razo still banging in the goals with 41 in 42 appearances. Not too shabby for a 16 year old! Not so prolific abroad though, failing to score in 5 matches. Esteban's second season and gave him a few games to rest some players. Looks a handy player scoring in both the league games I played him in.

Doing well in the league,shame about the loss in the NACL but your time will eventually come.Razo is quite scary,41 goals at 16 years old and still could improve alot,he could be devastating in the future.

Doing well in the league,shame about the loss in the NACL but your time will eventually come.Razo is quite scary,41 goals at 16 years old and still could improve alot,he could be devastating in the future.

Yeah was a shame, but we'll learn from it! Razo has been unbelievable, really tearing the league up. I feel kind of guilty only paying him £9 per week lol.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

May 2017

Closing Stage Playoff Finals

Jy9F5.png

Playoff Results

cDqG3.png

Playoff Final Analysis

Tremendous effort by the lads, and it's a clean sweep in the league winning both the Opening and Closing stages! Romero, Lopez and Razo were simply outstanding in our matches. They are such a driving force for this side now and the reason we do so well, I'd say our attack is up there with the rest of the league.

Our playoff finals got started with an easy enough win over Morelia, despite leaving it very, very late in the first leg. We went a goal down before equalising in the 88th minute, and then getting the winner through Romero's second goal in the 92nd. With Morelia looking depleted, we cruised to a 2-0 home tie victory to put us up against Monterrey. We were fortunate to come away with a draw in the away tie even though we went 2-0 up. It really was pretty one sided to them as we only had 3 shots on target that game while they had 11 and really pushed us. The home leg was the complete opposite and we truly put Monterrey to the sword, but it was our turn to be wasteful in front of goal and we were punished when they opened the scoring meaning they were up on aggregate. We left it late again to claw it back even though we were heavily in control of the match. Lopez got the equaliser with 10 minutes to go, and it was 3-3 on aggregate, but with us finishing higher in the league we would go through. The next goal was key, and luckily we were able to get a quick counter going right at the end of the game to ensure victory.

The final saw us face off against Cruz Azul, who beat us 2-0 in our previous encounter. Their Pablo is a real menace. A very good young player who has come through their ranks and is one of the best strikers in the league. I gave the job of keeping him quiet to 19 year old Fernando Serrano, and he did an awful job. Pablo Mendoza was just too fast and skillful and he had so many chances to punish us. Luck seemed to be on our side again as Cruz Azul were shocking in front of goal. 17 shots they had, 3 on target, 7 clear cut chances and hit the woodwork twice. But I'm not going to complain, if they don't want to score then I'm fine with that! Us on the other hand, had 4 shots on target and scored 3 goals courtesy of our attacking trio. This gave us some breathing room for the home leg and we didn't really need to attack. But as I've said before, I don't like sitting back as I don't think we're good enough yet to keep goals out. So we carried on the attack and we enjoyed the lion share of possession and it proved to be the right option as we went 3-0 up by 60 minutes with Razo grabbing a hatrick. And with that hatrick was our only 3 shots on target the entire game. We are very clinical finishers! Cruz Azul surged a late comeback getting two goals in the final 15 minutes, most because I was lazy in changing our tactics and bringing on some younger players who aren't up to scratch yet. But anyway, it was a great way to end the season. And hopefully we can push on and do it again next time round!

Player Analysis

Player Stats

Key defender: Miguel Angel Fraga

Was very good in the playoffs and made some impressive saves

Grabbed himself some goals and kept the team ticking over.

Key attacker: Pablo Razo & Leonardo Lopez

Both had very good campaigns overall. Lopez scored 26 and assisted 15 which is a brilliant season for an 18 year old. But massively overshadowed by Razo and his 47 goal haul, along with 18 assists. Absolute star.

Awards

Team of the Season

Very happy some of the lads' performances were recognised. Shows how far we've come over the past couple seasons.

Pablo Razo Awards

Just all the awards and records! I've a feeling he may not be done breaking records just yet.

I also won Manager of the Season!

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

Still got ongoing work on our facilities. And the board have announced that they are going to upgrade the facilities again but they'll finish the same time as originally stated. Cost us just over £5m, so hopefully we'll have some good facilities by the end of the year. Well under wage budget and just announced a link with Promotion League side Queretaro.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Pre-Season 2017/18

Transfers

Not a lot going on this time round. Only main out was Chavez. Wasn't prepared to offer the wages him and his agent wanted, so he went on a free. Other than that, we sorted a few more contracts out. Romero asked to leave the club to which I said "we can grow together, Ubael!" and he seemed okay with it, but we'll see how it goes in a year.

Friendlies

WzLz3.png

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

Upgrades still going on. Our balance is slowly creeping back down with all this work being done, and the new contracts I've had to hand out.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

August 2017

League Fixtures

nQe4b.png

League Table

ZAPgo.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Great start to the league, top by a point with a game in hand. Still maintaining our high scoring reputation. The 6-3 was a thriller. Irapuato have just been promoted and could be this years surprise package. We got the goals when needed though, even when we conceded some sloppy goals. Emphatic win over Jaguares as well with a debut goal from Emilio Luna.

North American Champions League Group Stage

Fixtures

vDn0t.png

NACL Analysis

Our group consists of Costa Rican side Alajuelense, Honduras side Olimpia and USA side New York. Not the worst group and one I expect us to get out of. We started with a poor effort against Olimpia drawing 2-2. A lot of that down to inexperience as I was hoping to use this comp (for the most part) to rest key players for the league and give some youngsters some games. But these results I need to expect. We played a weaker side against Alajuelense as well but came out 2-0 winners this time and moved to top spot in the group.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Pablo Ramos

Been impressed with him so far this season and has started to come along nicely. Him and Serrano are forming a nice partnership.

4 assists in 5 games gets Romero the spot light again. Hopefully can keep him happy so he won't want to leave at the end of the season.

Carrying on where he left off last season with 8 goals in 5 games.

Good start in the NACL.
Nice start.
Good start to all competitions so far

Thanks!

Good start to the season,nice to see your now paying Razo more then £9 p/w

Haha yeah I thought it was only fair. Although we'll be paying through the rear through goal bonuses no doubt!!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

September 2017

League Fixtures

HCgEk.png

League Table

hKKYp.png

Average Points

League Analysis

A good month. We got two tough games out of the way with. The draw on Monterrey was fortunate for us and the win at home to America was nail biting stuff. We went 1-0 up before going 2-1 down to only score a couple late goals and steal all 3 points. We then knocked 5 past Atlante even when we went down to 10 men before the first half had finished.

North American Champions League Group Stages

Fixtures

HqlVX.png

NACL Analysis

A draw against New York was the minimum requirement if we wanted to retain top spot, and a draw is what we achieved. It was a fair result, no team played a great deal better than the other. We then easily pushed aside Olimpia courtesy of two goals by Leonardo Lopez. Two games left and all but qualified. It looks like it could come down to the final game against New York to see who claims top spot.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Miguel Angel Fraga & Fernando Serrano

Fraga had a very important role to play this month with a lot of rotation at the back, he held it together well and pulled off some great saves. Serrano looks to be getting better and better, putting in some commanding performances.

Key midfielder: N/A

Razo now on 12 goals in 9 appearances. Yet to open his continental account though. Still our most potent attacker.

Great start to the season!
Cracking start .
Excellent start to the season.Give Razo a chance,he will score this season in continental competitions.

Cheers guys!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

October 2017

League Fixtures

NUhXL.png

League Table

Yriw2.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Another excellent month in which we qualified for the play offs with 5 games to spare. An emphatic win over Santos Laguna who were stuck at the bottom of the table, followed up by a very poor display against Xolos where we scored the equaliser in the 93rd minute. We then took our frustrations out on Atlante by sticking 7 past them in our biggest ever win. I got carried away playing and went an extra game into next season where we faced Pumas who were on identical points as us going into that match. We were magnificent, if you cancel out the first 5 minutes in which they got their goal. But once we levelled the score 4 minutes later we were the dominate team with Guajardo and Razo running rings around the defenders. Shame Guajardo got injured as he just returned to a bit of form.

North American Champions League Group Stage

Fixtures

9O8sA.png

NACL Analysis

An easy win over Alajuelense meant we only needed a draw going into the New York game to claim top spot. A draw is what we came away with, with both teams attacking and having double figure shots, but very few on target. Good result for us.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Fernando Corral

Our first choice RB after Chavez's departure. He doesn't look all that, and it's definitely our weakest position, but he's played well of late and his pace does help.

Some great link up play and knows where his teammates are.

Still amongst the goals with 22 in 16 appearances. Finally got his goal in the NACL with that win over Alajuelense, even if it was a tap in!

Great season so far! Your progression in the CONCACAF Champions League is good

Thanks, yeah we've done pretty well. I think it helps a little not having other leagues playable so Mexico teams get stronger, quicker.

Nicce work topping your group.

Thanks!

Great work so far

We've finished the league well, just need to make sure we carry that into the play offs.

Razo's something special.

Can't argue there, really does carry our team some times, and at only 17. I just checked and he's now down as a Wonderkid.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

November 2017

League Fixtures

zjRJK.png

League Table

w5T1l.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Ended the league very well despite the set back at the hands of Cruz Azul. Razo knocked 4 past Morelia with Romero getting all 4 assists. Chivas went ahead before we came back with a vengeance putting 5 past them to top off a good month.

We have been drawn against Atlas in the play offs quarter final. We have a good head to head against them, so I'll be hopefully of a place in the semi-finals.

Player Analysis

5 assists and 2 goals in the past 3 games shows how influential he is to us.

27 goals in 19 appearances. Model pro and a Wonderkid. I hope he can stay here for many seasons.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

November 2017

Opening Stage Playoff Finals

JtJrp.png

Playoff Fixtures

NXYgS.png

Playoff Analysis

Very poor from start to finish. We were instantly out of form, couldn't string passes together or finish chances and looked the worst we've looked at the back. Luckily Atlante couldn't take advantage and we qualified for the semi-finals just by finishing higher in the league. But Chivas tore us to pieces in both legs and should have put at least 8 past us. We were lucky to even get the 2 back in the first leg, but it did lead us with a bit of hope going into the home leg only needing to win by 1 goal. We did go behind early on and managed to claw back to 2-1, but they equalised and we couldn't come up with the answers after that. In fact we should have gone even further behind. A playoff to forget.

North American Champions League Quarter Finals

BqKyB.png

A very good draw. Our last two games against them we've won by 4 goals. So in an ideal world we'll do the same this time round, but after recent events I'm not so sure!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

December & January 2018

Transfers

Albarran wanted out, and £425k was the best offer we received. He's not good enough for the team anymore, so happy with that departure. Rendon had a place in the team, but somehow Morelia managed to sign him, something to do with a release clause, one which I couldn't find. So disappointed with that, but overall I'm happy. Needed some income as our finances are getting poor again.

Off-Season Friendlies

fixpre-1.png

Good enough results, got the morale up.

League Fixtures

Fixtures-17.png

League Table

MexicanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-8.png

Average Points

League Analysis

The 3 games played and off to a decent start. Impressive attacking displays against Toluca and Puebla, but resting Razo due to injury and Romero due to fitness against Irapuato was our downfall as we didn't look to have much going forward. Steady start.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Pablo Ramos

Continually getting better. Another player who has interest from abroad.

Key midfielder: Jorge Corral

Was very good on assists over the two games we scored, a real threat down the right flanks.

Key attacker: Leonardo Lopez & Pablo Razo

Lopez getting a hatrick in the first, while Razo scored 3 over the course of the two scoring matches. Both work well together and are able to pitch in with goals and assists. Razo is on 32 goals for the season, while Lopez is on 14 in 14.

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

Everything looks fine except for our finances, which are back in the red. I don't know how other teams in the league make money, when our outlays must be one of the lowest in the league. By the looks of things I will need to sell someone at the end of the season. I'm considering Dorame, depending how our two younger left backs are progressing, with one already overtaking him for first choice. Or Guajardo, as he's now 3rd choice, but we have capable youngsters for backup. We shall see though.

Slightly disappointing Irapuato (I had to look 3 times to get the spelling right) defeat

:lol: The amount of times I have to do that as well!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

February 2018

League Fixtures

vdRIj.png

League Table

VSi1w.png

Average Points

League Analysis

We started off the month how we finished the last, with a 1-0 loss, this time against Santos Laguna. But from then on we got ourselves sorted and started to bang in the goals by putting 4 past Tecos, 2 past Jaguares (in a disappointing draw), then 6 past Monterrey which I did not expect, but we were on fire. Then a nicely rounded off 3-0 against Atlas.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Fernando Serrano

Had a very good month and got in on the goal action.

Still very key in attacking mid.

Scored in our last 4 games, which is just as important as banging in the odd 2/3 goals here and there.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Youth Intake 2018

ywa1z.png

Contracts offered to:

Salvador Canas - Coach Report; Defensive Midfielder

Edwin Cabrera - Coach Report; Striker

Cristian Samario - Coach Report; Defensive Midfielder

So here is this years Youth Intake. I didn't have such a preference on what I wanted. A competent RB would still be nice, but not this year. Anyway, Salvador Canas looks brilliant. Pineda is 29 now and has 2 or 3 years left in him as first choice, and by then Canas will most definitely be ready to take over the Deep Lying Playmaker role. So I'm looking forward to watching him develop. The other two were just to pad out the U20's and possibly sell on at a later date.

Happy enough, didn't really have anyone to take over from Pineda and he is a really important player for us, so nice to see that position relatively covered for the future.

Shame about the playoff defeat but you have started the Closign stage with a bang.Good luck in the quarter finals of the NACL.

Canas looks like he will be hell of a DM in the future.

Shame about the playoff defeat but you have started the Closign stage with a bang.Good luck in the quarter finals of the NACL.

Canas looks like he will be hell of a DM in the future.

Cheers! Yeah I'm hoping Canas will dominate midfields in the future.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

March 2018

League Fixtures

ReFrg.png

League Table

2kEca.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Another pretty solid month. Still disappointed we are shipping so many goals, but delighted with the amount we are scoring. Wins over America and Tigres were particular highlights. We went 4-0 up against Tigres before their comeback started. America Missed a penalty 15 minutes from time which secured the win for us. The loss against Pachuca wasn't expected, but we didn't do enough at the back to stop them scoring.

NACL Quarter Final Fixtures

NACL Semi Final Fixture

4SlYw.png

NACL Analysis

The quarter finals saw us up against Guatemala side Municipal. We utterly dominated the home leg having nearly 70% possession, but we just could not find the back of the net. It was frustrating but a clean sheet at home is not the worst result. We attacked in the same way in the away leg, having just under 70% possession again. We got two very early goals, one after 27 seconds and the other 5 minutes later. But after being 2-0 up we didn't manage to add to our tally.

With that win we were up against New York in the semi-finals. Just the one leg played so far and it was a goal bonanza. It started off with our keeper getting an own goal, but we hit back 2 minutes later. We then tucked away a pen for 2-1, for them to hit back immediately for 2-2. We managed to smash and grab two more before half time and then the final blow came in the 92nd minute to make it 5-2. We also dominated this game, just a shame about the leaky defence. Hopefully this result should give us a more comfortable game in the away leg not having to chase any goals.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Alberto Lucio

Serrano hit well out of form, so I dropped him for the ever reliable Lucio, and he didn't disappoint. Even getting a couple goals.

Key midfielder: Angel Fredi Diaz

With Romero out injured for most of the month, he had a tough job trying to replicate Romero's performances. But he did brilliantly getting a couple goals and assists. Still showing he has a role in the side.

Key attacker: Leonardo Lopez & Pablo Razo

Hard to pick this month. Both on top form and leading the average rating table. Razo is on 42 goals for the season, while Lopez is on 24. Great return from both of them and a very potent attacking force they have made. And at 17 and 19 years old respectively, they could have been memorable seasons to come.

i really love this thread. I check it at least once a day.

Keep it up

Thank you very much!

Flying now,excellent first leg result against New York,hopefully away goals won't cost you the match.

That first leg really gave us the impetus going into the second leg and was a comfy cushion to have.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

April 2018

League Fixtures

pmSrL.png

League Table

6zvmM.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Started how we finished, by not keeping a clean sheet, but scoring for fun. Good wins against Xolos and Atlante left us comfortably at the top of the table, the draw against Pumas was fine as it did no real damage to our hope of finishing top. A disappointing loss to Cruz Azul meant we had to equal their result in their last game, and also not lose to Chivas who would over take us. But we put in a classy performance to round off the Closing Stage.

We have been drawn against Pachuca in the quarter finals of the Closing Stage Play Offs, which is another favourable draw. Let's hope we can take advantage.

NACL Semi Final Second Leg Fixture

oy0lR.png

NACL Analysis

Finishing off our semi-final in nervy style. We were very poor in this game and could only muster 39% possession and 2 shots on target. Thankfully we only needed to convert once as New York were horribly wasteful, having nearly 30 shots at our goal but only got 5 on target. They gave us a run for our money, but their lack of composure let them down. We now have Pumas in the final which I'm looking forward to! Going to attack from the off, we're no good sitting back.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Enrique Samario

Really impressive this season, pretty much taken over the #1 left back spot. Was our most solid defender the past month.

Key midfielder: Jorge Corral

Still a menace down the right flank, gets the ball into the box well.

Was a very consistent scorer this month. Almost averaging a goal a game.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

May 2018 – End of Season Review

Closing Stage Playoff Finals

MAuLA.png

Playoff Fixtures

Closing Stage Playoff Finals Tree

Playoff Analysis

So we started off against Pachuca and we took a 1-1 into the home leg where we ran riot and scored 3 of our 4 shots on target to win 4-1 on aggregate and progress to the semi-finals. The semi-finals pinned us up against Santos Laguna and we were away for the first leg. It didn't take long before the goals were flowing as we scored an unfortunate own goal after just 2 minutes. Lucky for us Razo was well up for this game and scored 2 minutes later to level the game. Razo kept up his goal scoring form by knocking in another on 16 minutes and sealed his hatrick in injury time of the first half. 3-1 and cruising at this point. It was our turn to get a bit of luck as Santos Laguna were on the end of an own goal making it 4-1. We then looked to have killed off the tie with 40 minutes to go when Romero scored, but only for them to hit back immediately. The game then ended 5-2, absolute goal fest! I thought it was job done when the home tie come about, but boy was I wrong. We were put under instant pressure as they scored after just 37 seconds. We then found ourselves 2 behind after just 20 minutes. Still a goal to the good and a higher finishing point meant we still had control. Razo was able to bring a goal back, and then Serrano levelled the game before they put another past us to end 3-2 at the interval. It didn't take us long to equalise after the break and by that point Santos Laguna looked dead in the water and completely down on morale. The game ended 3-3 meaning we won 8-5 on aggregate.

And with that win we were up against Chivas. Once again the away leg was first and the whole game was end to end with chances a plenty. Chivas got the breakthrough when we gave away a penalty for them to convert and we went into half time 1-0 down. but we battled away in the second half, opening up a bit and getting our reward with 30 minutes to go after Razo was able to find some space and slot home. The game ended 1-1 and on to the second leg. And if I thought the first leg was open, this leg was just silly the amount of chances both teams had. I decided to drop Razo to the bench as he was looking jaded and tired and we needed to be tighter at the back rather than score. We both really went for it and carved eachothers sides open time and time again but to little avail. Finishing on both sides were poor. The game progressed and no goals, which I thought was fine for us, being the higher seed. Half time 0-0, bit more of a cagey second half as 1 goal could swing it either way. More missed chances. The game was coming to it's closing stages and Chivas found the back of the net through Fierro, but disallowed for offside. With 10 minutes left I went more defensive taking off a couple attackers for defensive players. We saw the game out to a 0-0 and I thought we had won the Closing Stage due to being the higher seed. But to my amazement this doesn't count in the final it would seem. So into extra time we went. With very few key attackers still on the pitch. And no subs left to bring our main man Razo on for the final 30 minutes. I thought my lack of knowledge had cost us the tie. We found the opener in the second half of extra time through an own goal. All we had to do now was hang on. Wasn't to be our day. 1 minute before time and they pop up with a looping header to make it 1-1 after extra time. Penalties awaited us. Romero stepped up, slots it home. Lira, the man who scored their penalty in the first leg, misses thanks to a Fraga save! Pineda steps up but can not convert. Fierro, the second best striker in the league (behind Razo of course!), walks up and fires high and wide. Campuzano who was one of my defensive changes proves he doesn't quite have the nerve put its into the keepers hands. Chivas go on to miss a 3rd, before we finally convert our 4th penalty thanks to our left back Samario. Chivas get 1 on the scoreboard before Ramos steps up for the winning penalty. Calmly as you like, bottom corner. Job done. Closing Stage champions!

Final

North American Champions League Final

B5MgY.png

NACL Final Fixtures

NACL Final Analysis

The final of the NACL came between the playoff games between ourselves and Pachuca. We opened the scoring against the run of play on 34 minutes thanks to the NACL leader scorer Lopez. I opted to go more counter attacking in the second half and it looked to be paying off before we allowed too much space to their forwards, who popped one in from distance to make it 1-1 with 20 minutes to go. They then scored another thunderbolt with 10 minutes to go to ruin our hopes of a good result to take home. But never fear, we are always up for it at Estadio Neza! It was a largely even game, and we knew what we had to do. I dropped a few players controversially, including Razo, but it didn't matter. It was quite end to end for the most part, and we went into the break on level terms. With an injury to Gujardo we brought on Esteban Sanchez, and with his first touch puts us 1-0 up. Instantly Pumas opened up which was to our advantage as Lopez was put through to finish coolly for 2-0. We held on to the end to record a famous victory in the North American Champions League!

Squad Review

*positional ratings are based on the past season*

Player Stats

League Team Stats

League Player Stats

GK

Miguel Angel Fraga

Jesus Rojina

Frank Monroy

Positional Rating: 5/10

CB

Alberto Lucio

Pablo Ramos

Fernando Serrano

Positional Rating: 6/10

FB

Fernando Corral

Jose Rebora

Francisco Javier Dorame

Enrique Samario

Brandon Zamora

Positional Rating: 5/10

DLP

Ismael Pineda

Emmanuel Campuzano

Salvador Canas

Positional Rating: 8/10

DM

Andres Hernandez

Cristian Samario

Camilo Salazar

Positional Rating: 3/10

W

Victor Hugo Vega

Luis Rosas

Jorge Corral

Jesus Samario

Marcos Orduna

Baltazar Rosas

Positional Rating: 6/10

AMC

Ubael Romero

Angel Fredi Diaz

Diego Mejia

Positional Rating: 7/10

ST

Pablo Razo

Leonardo Lopez

Emmanuel Guajardo

Esteban Sanchez

Emilio Luna

Edwin Cabrera

Positional Rating: 9/10

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

Finances

Great job in the league and Champions League! :thup:
Congrats on winning the closing stage and the NACL.Razo has been brilliant for you,could possibly have a 1000 goal player right there :D

Cheers guys! :D I thought we had more of a chance in the Champions League than we did in the Closing Stage as we tend to fall off the wagon in the final games of the league. Delighted either way. Razo is pretty much the reason we've become such a force, he is easily in the top 3 strikers in the league and as he gets older he'll just keep getting better. If I keep his asking price high, hopefully it'll put off anyone who's after him. 1000 goals could be pushing it, but we'll give it a go :D.

Archived