England vs Italy - Sunday 19:45

CaptainPlanet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical England...

Out on penalties after the usual sub-par showing. Being outplayed from kick-off to the final whistle by THIS Italy means having been awful.

No ideas, no heart, no drive... Now tabloids will have a field day in criticizing Hodgson, but frankly it's the players (hear hear...) who have to take the blame.

With Italy struggling for fitness already around the 75th minute, England kept on playing 70s lower league football instead of pushing on both flanks, expoiting Abate and Balzaretti's tiredness.

Whoever will sit on England's bench, it'll be time to start anew, getting rid of old and gutless players

Argh. Montolivo's miss got me so excited. Plus Cole missing :( Unheard of.

We weren't good enough. If we'd won it would of been criminal. But I'm still proud. We did well overall IMO. Nobody gave us a chance pre tournement. I'll still have the memories of Welbeck's backheel :*****)

Ashley young has been shocking all tournament. Roys negative tactics have been a disgrace. Stumbled through the group knocked out by first serious opponents. Shocking.

Was wondering how quickly people would turn on Hodgson.

No he was doing stupid faces and the billy big man "i got this" ****, just concentrate on saving the penalties instead of all that rubbish.

Not sure why you guys are focusing on Hart?

You were very very lucky too even get to penalties,Hart was trying to put the penalty taker off his focus.

Honestly you guys should be happy it even got to penalties and be happy you got this far.

Ashley young has been shocking all tournament. Roys negative tactics have been a disgrace. Stumbled through the group knocked out by first serious opponents. Shocking.

If you'd stumbled through every game with his negative tactics & won every Knock-Out match on Penalties, winning the tournament, would you be calling it a disgrace?

Nope. Thought not.

Football is about margins. Especially in Tournament football. England needed to play to their strengths & they're not good enough to compete on an equal footing with most of the sides in the Knock-Outs so that style was always going to be England's best option.

Does Joe Hart think he's a Maori doing the Haka with his "psychology"?

What the **** were those facial gestures about? Clearly didn't work either.

At first I thougt that it was just some gimmick between Hart and Balotelli :D But yeah, it was pretty weird. The Italians weren't annoyed by it at all, whilke Hart just looked like a ****** :D

Again the lack of technical skill lets England down, so outplayed the majority of that game with Pirlo's penalty just the icing on a classy performance.

Why are England, a team of so called 'world class' players, completely incapable of stringing more than 3 passes together? Genuine question, its baffling.

Not sure why you guys are focusing on Hart?

You were very very lucky too even get to penalties,Hart was trying to put the penalty taker off his focus.

Honestly you guys should be happy it even got to penalties and be happy you got this far.

I love supporting my country at tournaments even though we are **** at everyone ive ever watched i just thought hart was being a bit of a tit tbh. Maybe it was just me.

Typical England...

Out on penalties after the usual sub-par showing. Being outplayed from kick-off to the final whistle by THIS Italy means having been awful.

No ideas, no heart, no drive... Now tabloids will have a field day in criticizing Hodgson, but frankly it's the players (hear hear...) who have to take the blame.

With Italy struggling for fitness already around the 75th minute, England kept on playing 70s lower league football instead of pushing on both flanks, expoiting Abate and Balzaretti's tiredness.

Whoever will sit on England's bench, it'll be time to start anew, getting rid of old and gutless players

England are ****. Even if we did want you say we are still ****. Get over it. England are a below average side. The foreigners is what makes the Premier league watchable.

Tbf, I think Cleverley is very talented. Him and Wilshere can make England competitive in this regard at the World Cup. You have to get rid of Andy Carroll though.

Have you been watching the game tonight? Carroll is actually a good player for what he does in this team. He controlled the ball alot tonight and actually got us going on a few occasions. If he's able to get a little better at and we start to utilise him a little better, alot of teams can't handle him.

Have you been watching the game tonight? Carroll is actually a good player for what he does in this team. He controlled the ball alot tonight and actually got us going on a few occasions. If he's able to get a little better at and we start to utilise him a little better, alot of teams can't handle him.

Calm down and re read what the point was.

I love supporting my country at tournaments even though we are **** at everyone ive ever watched i just thought hart was being a bit of a tit tbh. Maybe it was just me.

Wouldn't have made any difference if Hart put the Italians off or not. Someone will miss.

He's not an international striker. "He controlled the ball alot" - wtf is that? He just received England's hoofing, brought it down, lost the ball.

Le's be honest though Gentlemen?

That's the best result that England could have hoped for if the FA wanted to keep the press on side & be positive going into the World Cup Qualifiers?

Losing valiantly on penalties to a superior team after battling for 2 hours to grind out the result. The press will be firmly behind the team & want them to grow & develop.

If they'd have lost during the 90 minutes to Italy who are technically superior but lack any "star power" as far as the press are concerned, or worse still, won that Shoot-Out & then gone on to be humiliated by a far superior German team, then the press would have done their usual vulture act & been circling wanting blood.

So England can now have the press backing them, rather than causing them to have even more pressure & hostility. A good result really.

No hard lines from me here, as we were totally outclassed over 120mins - Pirlo gave a masterclass in the art of the playmaker. For all of the effort and determination, England currently have a poor side with a lack of quality and ingenuity throughout. The amount of money that flows in (and mostly out) or the PL and for to have probably the worst England team in 20 years is nothing short of galling when that is taken into consideration.

Jordan Henderson and Ashley Young, FFS? :thdn::D

Archived