Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CaptainPlanet

England vs Italy - Sunday 19:45

Whats the point 2 subs in 2 mins:D Make both subs at same time been easier

When I saw Italy's squad for the Euro, I thought they'd crash and burn. Not many stars left, injured players and unrest in their camp due to betting scandals, players picked from Serie B, etc., etc.

Very pleasantly surprised with their level :thup:

Me, I'm pleased with their style of play and lack of antics. Playing this way, I could start to like them :o

Italy have had 23 attempt and 14 on target..... :D

First useful contribution from Young

If England were as good as Italy with the short passing I think they would be ahead. They are looking very tired though.

Oof, those stats make it look like England hardly participated.

Oh f*** off ref!!!! :mad:

Hahahaha, karma for the shocking decision a second ago

Oh wait he did get stamped on.

If England were as good as Italy with the short passing I think they would be ahead. They are looking very tired though.

Gerrard with a cramp this early says it all.

When I saw Italy's squad for the Euro, I thought they'd crash and burn. Not many stars left, injured players and unrest in their camp due to betting scandals, players picked from Serie B, etc., etc.

Very pleasantly surprised with their level :thup:

Italy and scandals means that they are in good shape :)

About stars I can agree, except from Pirlo (wich in my opinion is top ten in the world) they don't have many stars....but neither do England. Both teams have lots of solid, but not brilliant players - but with different qualities.

My guess is that the winner in this chance would be outplayed by Germany. Theese two teams looks like the 2 worst of those left (spain, portugal, germany).

Balzaretti clutching his hamstring and face at the same time :D

Italy leading a charmed life pulling shirts at set pieces.

Hate it when commentators moan at opposition for staying down, but never say anything when England players do it

Why can we contest a drop ball BTW

Italy leading a charmed life pulling shirts at set pieces.

Not really, they know refs don't have the balls to give a decision against it.

Gerrard with a cramp this early says it all.

Can't see him lasting. England have no cover in that position.

Same old Italians, always cheating

Diamanti has done well since been on. Don't get the hate. Di Natale is just a (brilliant) poacher, but Balo needs a hard worker next to him.

Has Walcott touched the ball?

Turn it off then and watch something else.

Nah, still hoping this goes to penners.

Only one team showed up for the Spain match..and you are a partisan..Im neutral and there was little to get excited about ib yesterdays match. Some of that is because the French just never put up a fight and the Spanish are just a dull team that have to hold onto the ball to coverup their woeful defense. I understand why they do it but its boring to watch. At least this match has attacking and flow.

I'm definitely a neutral, dude. :D I don't think Spain are dull at all and nor that their defense is "woeful". I agree yesterday's game wasn't amazing but nor is this. First half was good, second half has been crap. The tempo has dropped and both teams look incapable of scoring.

Come on England, I've got to go to work in 5 minutes, guess I'll have to find some "paperwork" that must be done in the canteen for a hour or so :D

Italy and scandals means that they are in good shape :)

About stars I can agree, except from Pirlo (wich in my opinion is top ten in the world) they don't have many stars....but neither do England. Both teams have lots of solid, but not brilliant players - but with different qualities.

My guess is that the winner in this chance would be outplayed by Germany. Theese two teams looks like the 2 worst of those left (spain, portugal, germany).

As regards to technical and mental abilities, I agree about Pirlo. But factoring in physical ability and athleticism, as a footballer overall, I don't think Pirlo is anywhere near top 10.

When I said I was surprised by Italy, I meant throughout the tournament. I predicted this game to end 0-0 and Italy to go through on pens.

Carroll making a transformation to Messi there

Walcott has been shocking, bring Milner back on!

Has Walcott touched the ball?

Had a good game last time out, that means he is due twelve games where he is invisible.

I'm definitely a neutral, dude. :D I don't think Spain are dull at all and nor that their defense is "woeful". I agree yesterday's game wasn't amazing but nor is this. First half was good, second half has been crap. The tempo has dropped and both teams look incapable of scoring.
Exactly. I can't understand the people calling Spain 'boring' yet this somehow isn't.

Let's nick a ridiculously late goal please ;)

We are letting pirlo walk around the pitch, as good as he is how many other teams would let him have so much time and such an easy ride in the middle?