England vs Italy - Sunday 19:45

CaptainPlanet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I saw Italy's squad for the Euro, I thought they'd crash and burn. Not many stars left, injured players and unrest in their camp due to betting scandals, players picked from Serie B, etc., etc.

Very pleasantly surprised with their level :thup:

Me, I'm pleased with their style of play and lack of antics. Playing this way, I could start to like them :o

When I saw Italy's squad for the Euro, I thought they'd crash and burn. Not many stars left, injured players and unrest in their camp due to betting scandals, players picked from Serie B, etc., etc.

Very pleasantly surprised with their level :thup:

Italy and scandals means that they are in good shape :)

About stars I can agree, except from Pirlo (wich in my opinion is top ten in the world) they don't have many stars....but neither do England. Both teams have lots of solid, but not brilliant players - but with different qualities.

My guess is that the winner in this chance would be outplayed by Germany. Theese two teams looks like the 2 worst of those left (spain, portugal, germany).

Turn it off then and watch something else.

Nah, still hoping this goes to penners.

Only one team showed up for the Spain match..and you are a partisan..Im neutral and there was little to get excited about ib yesterdays match. Some of that is because the French just never put up a fight and the Spanish are just a dull team that have to hold onto the ball to coverup their woeful defense. I understand why they do it but its boring to watch. At least this match has attacking and flow.

I'm definitely a neutral, dude. :D I don't think Spain are dull at all and nor that their defense is "woeful". I agree yesterday's game wasn't amazing but nor is this. First half was good, second half has been crap. The tempo has dropped and both teams look incapable of scoring.

Italy and scandals means that they are in good shape :)

About stars I can agree, except from Pirlo (wich in my opinion is top ten in the world) they don't have many stars....but neither do England. Both teams have lots of solid, but not brilliant players - but with different qualities.

My guess is that the winner in this chance would be outplayed by Germany. Theese two teams looks like the 2 worst of those left (spain, portugal, germany).

As regards to technical and mental abilities, I agree about Pirlo. But factoring in physical ability and athleticism, as a footballer overall, I don't think Pirlo is anywhere near top 10.

When I said I was surprised by Italy, I meant throughout the tournament. I predicted this game to end 0-0 and Italy to go through on pens.

I'm definitely a neutral, dude. :D I don't think Spain are dull at all and nor that their defense is "woeful". I agree yesterday's game wasn't amazing but nor is this. First half was good, second half has been crap. The tempo has dropped and both teams look incapable of scoring.
Exactly. I can't understand the people calling Spain 'boring' yet this somehow isn't.

Archived