England vs Italy - Sunday 19:45

CaptainPlanet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As regards to technical and mental abilities, I agree about Pirlo. But factoring in physical ability and athleticism, as a footballer overall, I don't think Pirlo is anywhere near top 10.

Pirlo is one of those running most on the pitch, had more than 6,2 km at half time - most of all italian players - his physical ability is good as gold.

Exactly. I can't understand the people calling Spain 'boring' yet this somehow isn't.

Because of the styles of play. Spain are horrible defensively so they have to keep the ball away from the other side...thus you have a match where there are a million boring passes that go nowhere with intention of wasting time..especially if they get a goal; the England style is to counterattack so there is a lot more action and attacking. IMO while the England style isnt nearly as 'technical', its a lot more fun to watch.

Because of the styles of play. Spain are horrible defensively so they have to keep the ball away from the other side...thus you have a match where there are a million boring passes that go nowhere with intention of wasting time..especially if they get a goal; the England style is to counterattack so there is a lot more action and attacking. IMO while the England style isnt nearly as 'technical', its a lot more fun to watch.

Exactly, action > mindless passing it about for 90 minutes.

it had 0-0 written all over it if everyone was honest.

Italy were pretty close to scoring at some points, so England can be glad to be alive if everyone was honest :D

Archived