A Trillionaire's Playground 2012 - It Begins

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not just saying this because of my teams could be renamed Gravity United (because it keeps falling, oh never mind), but I think restarting it and fixing it may be the best bet. Treat this as the beta, to iron out issues. I get the impression that's the way you would lean yourself (judging my what you've written) Dave anyway. Now, if you could just accidentally slip a teamful of wonder kids into my side that'd be lovely! :)

Of course, it's all up to you and, if I'm honest, I would be perfectly happy either way.

I am okay with either option, though with leaning towards a restart. I think with all the errors fixed, it would give better & more accurate results, and should be more interesting going forward than continuing to use what we know is a flawed database, which sort of taints the results a tad - not much though, only a little.

Despite achieving promotion in both seasons, I think a restart would be for the best. Like Taunton said, it could avoid future problems and I also think its only fair on those who are missing out due to the issues :)

My deepest apologies to those who wanted to carry on, but there's definitely more support for fixing the errors and restarting. I really hope I don't upset anyone doing this. When it all comes down to it, it's only a bit of fun anyway! :p

As long as I get a good replacement for Marco on Viola Diavoli I'm fine with restarting. And not just because of this crap season. :)

Of course! He won't be called Piras (unlikely) and his positions/stats will not be the same, but I'll ensure both he and the Lithuanian wonderkid are of equal ability/potential to the first time round.

i think if you were to restart this then maybe have a hall of fame for those who had brief success/s as a token gesture for starting over.

Certainly - I would most likely link to this thread. From what I experienced during testing (albeit I can only remember two or three leagues) similar teams were competing at the top.

Restart , but first post south america league.

Also will you not be posting the list of transfers

FC Pelé won again, from Los Golfos. Cholivar moved up one place to ninth.

I considered transfers, but there were way too many of them to post the lot. I could perhaps look at posting the top five in each continent for the second run-through of this sign up.

Despite Vaduz being promoted and Auckland destroying last season, I'd say restart. It'd be fairer overall.

Also, I think you missed that I called them Vaduz Vanquishers as well :)

They are called Vaduz Vanquishers, but like some of the other clubs, I changed it for the 'short name' catagory. :p If you'd like this to be changed that's not a problem!

Top 5 transfers like top 5 CA/PA players?

I was thinking in terms of price. It'd be nice to do it that way, but I'm not sure of any easy way to do it. I'd have to trawl through every single transfer to find which players are best.

Im up for restarting too :) Especially as Kemang City are doing horribly.

Also La Chimba Bellavista should be the name of my chilean club instead of just Bellavista.

Thanks

PS; Sorry for being inactive, in and out of hospital at the moment!

Im up for restarting too :) Especially as Kemang City are doing horribly.

Also La Chimba Bellavista should be the name of my chilean club instead of just Bellavista.

Thanks

PS; Sorry for being inactive, in and out of hospital at the moment!

Yeah, it was the same as with Vaduz Vanquishers and a few others, as I mentioned above. La Chimba Bellavista is the full name of the club, but I can make it the short name for you too if you'd like. :)

That's fine, hope you're okay!

Yeah, it was the same as with Vaduz Vanquishers and a few others, as I mentioned above. La Chimba Bellavista is the full name of the club, but I can make it the short name for you too if you'd like. :)

That's fine, hope you're okay!

just leave the short name blank and then it should be fine :D

just leave the short name blank and then it should be fine :D

I know, I just thought it might be nice/easier to shorten some of them, ie Manchester United - Man United or Man Utd or suchlike.

They are called Vaduz Vanquishers, but like some of the other clubs, I changed it for the 'short name' catagory. :p If you'd like this to be changed that's not a problem!

I don't really mind, if it's easier to just be called Vaduz, that's fine :) Just wanted to make sure you'd gotten the name, that's all :D

Out of interest, how did the Oceania leagues go this season?

I don't really mind, if it's easier to just be called Vaduz, that's fine :) Just wanted to make sure you'd gotten the name, that's all :D

Out of interest, how did the Oceania leagues go this season?

It's purely for ease in-game, all official updates and hall of fame records etc will use full team names. :)

And Auckland Albatrosses won again, but this time by only a point from Uhatahi FC.

I've figured out my rather amateur mistake which caused problems with the Champions' Cup and Manngeld Trophy; although I set the competitions to both begin in 2012, dates for some of the matches were actually set to 2011. The North American Super Cup wasn't an issue at all; Mundial de Mazas actually won both the cup and the league, and I was looking at the wrong season's league runners up to play them in the Super Cup. And team names have been rectified.

I also decided a straight knockout wasn't particularly interesting for the World Club Cup, so am replacing the Fourth and Fifth rounds with two group stages (much like the old-style European Cup). Once finished, I'll run tests to confirm everything's fine, and we'll get started again. Hopefully there will be no issues this time.

I've figured out my rather amateur mistake which caused problems with the Champions' Cup and Manngeld Trophy; although I set the competitions to both begin in 2012, dates for some of the matches were actually set to 2011. The North American Super Cup wasn't an issue at all; Mundial de Mazas actually won both the cup and the league, and I was looking at the wrong season's league runners up to play them in the Super Cup. And team names have been rectified.

I also decided a straight knockout wasn't particularly interesting for the World Club Cup, so am replacing the Fourth and Fifth rounds with two group stages (much like the old-style European Cup). Once finished, I'll run tests to confirm everything's fine, and we'll get started again. Hopefully there will be no issues this time.

Sounds like a plan Dave. Well done on admitting your mistakes as well.

I think now though, with the restart, it will give us a chance to see the sliding doors side of FM. It will be interesting to see how slight changes can dramatically change teams' performances both in leagues, cups and squads they put together.

Looking forward to the new edition soon!

Probably Monday; I've had a hugely hectic couple of weeks, but after the weekend I'm free for a while. Testing was a success by the way, so hopefully things will be much smoother this time around!

Yeah they're fine, it's all working and I was hoping to have started it again yesterday or the day before. However, I've got family over from the States and overestimated how much spare time I'd have! My apologies, but this will DEFINITELY be underway again by Monday.

Yeah they're fine, it's all working and I was hoping to have started it again yesterday or the day before. However, I've got family over from the States and overestimated how much spare time I'd have! My apologies, but this will DEFINITELY be underway again by Monday.
Excellent, looking forward to it, Dave!

Archived