A Trillionaire's Playground 2012 - It Begins

Vaduz in 3rd, which is pretty good, but Auckland dominate Oceania! It'll be a few years before anyone can compete with us :D Pretty decent youngster in Alexandre Lacazette as well!

Fantastic start Dave, keep it up :thup:

Also, great to see that there is already some promising youngsters from smaller nations, like Cook Islands, New Caledonia and Cuba :D

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UEFA EUROPEAN FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

POLAND/UKRAINE 2012

thumbnail.aspx?q=4998797051037120&id=bac24bc1bc922708a295be48ff972971

Group Stage (Bold indicates qualification, number in brackets indicates number of finals appearances)

Group A - Bosnia & Herzegovina (1), France (8), Italy (8), Ukraine (1).

Group B - England (8), Poland (2), Slovakia (1), Sweden (5).

Group C - Croatia (4), Holland (9), Portugal (6), Scotland (3).

Group D - Germany (11), Ireland (2), Spain (9), Switzerland (4).

NOTES: Three debutantes here, and all three caused a bit of a stir. Ukraine, co-hosts, upset Italy in their first match but were unable to capitalise on this and lost both their following games. Neither of the other two, Slovakia or Bosnia & Herz, made it through the group stage, but both were beyond unlucky. Each of them finished level on points with the second places in their groups, Italy and Poland respectively, as well as level on goals difference and goals scored. It was the results between teams rules which put paid to their ambitions. The only real surprise of the group stage was Holland's failure, as they finished without a single point or even goal to their name. (Sound at all familiar?)

Quarter Final

Poland 1-4 France

England 2-1 Italy

Croatia 3-0 Spain

Portugal e2-1 Germany

Semi Final

France 1-2 Portugal

England 1-0 Croatia

Final

Portugal 1-0 England

Croatia did amazingly well to thrash Spain, but saw their challenge end against a resilient England side. It was the European nemesis and bogey team Portugal however who finally put the English down in a tightly contested final, for their first ever major international honours.

THE WORLD'S BEST

2011/12 SEASON

TOP 10 PLAYERS BY CA

POS   NAME               AGE  REGISTERED NATION   CLUB		CA   PA   Change  
1     Lionel Messi	 25   Argentina		  Barcelona	199  199  new
2     Cristiano Ronaldo  27   Portugal  	  R Madrid	192  193  new
3     Francesc Fábregas  25   Spain		  Barcelona	185  186  new
4     Andrés Iniesta     28   Spain		  Barcelona     183  187  new
5     Iker Casillas      31   Spain		  R Madrid	183  183  new
6     Wayne Rooney       26   England		  Man United    183  183  new
7     Sergio Aguero      24   Argentina           Man City      182  186  new
8     Manuel Neuer       26   Germany		  FC Bayern     181  186  new
9     Hugo Lloris        25   France              Lyon      	181  185  new
10    Zlatan Ibrahimovic 30   Sweden/Bosnia	  Milan         180  185  new

TOP 10 YOUNG PLAYERS BY PA

POS   NAME               AGE  REGISTERED NATION   CLUB	  	CA   PA   Development
[b]1     Marco Piras	 18   Italy		  I.V. Diavoli  169  190  new[/b]
2     Josef Manninger    16   Austria             W Innsbruck   104  190  new
3     Ante Ramljak       17   Croatia             Hajduk        105  189  new
4     Neymar             20   Brazil              Santos        180  185  new
5     Arran Chadwick     18   England             Man United    111  184  new
6     Luciano Herrera    16   Argentina           Boca          102  183  new
7     Mario Gotze        20   Germany             Dortmund      168  182  new
8     Carlos Garcete     17   Argentina/Paraguay  Boca          100  182  new
9     Karim Gallice      18   France              Lyon          99   182  new
10    Eden Hazard        21   Belgium             Lille         173  180  new

Selected others:

[b]15    Felix Egbeta       19   Nigeria             Lagos Eagles  110  180  new
21    Martin Podrygala   16   Germany             Der Bandits   97   180  new[/b]

CURRENT WORLD BEATERS

NAME               REGISTERED NATION   CLUB		CA HIGH   PA      PERIOD AS WORLD BEATER  
Lionel Messi       Argentina	       Barcelona	199  	  199     2011-
Cristiano Ronaldo  Portugal  	       R Madrid		192  	  193     2011-

Totally forgot to reveal and award the winners of the three bonus points this season:

PLAYER OF SEASON - Djiddo Brahim - Les Sao (CHA) - 7.99

TOP SCORER - Marco Ruben - Clover Hotspur (IRL) - 25

FAIR PLAY - Ajax UFC (NED)

The point each of these clubs have earned has been included in the updated points tally on the second post of this thread.

OCEANIA NATIONS CUP

FIJI 2012

vinyl-decal-sticker-13681.jpg

Group Stage (Bold indicates qualification, number in brackets points earned.)

Group A - New Zealand (9), Fiji (6), New Caledonia (3), Vanuatu (0).

Group B - Tahiti (7), Papua New Guinea (4), Samoa (3), Solomon Islands (1).

No real surprises here. New Caledonia and Solomon Islands may have fancied their chances of getting through to the semi finals but until big boys New Zealand get knocked out at this stage, I don't really think we can call any group stage occurrences a shock.

Semi Final

New Zealand 0-1 Papua New Guinea

Fiji 3-1 Tahiti

Final

Papua New Guinea 4-0 Fiji

Well, well, well. A sure shock on our hands here, as unfancied Papua New Guinea, the largest nation in the competition in both size and population, defeated perennial champions New Zealand. They then went on to register another shock, crushing hosts Fiji in the final. (Perhaps New Zealand's loss shouldn't be such a huge surprise, as they lost convincingly to New Caledonia, who in turn lost to Tahiti in the final of the real thing, just two weeks ago).

Incidentally, Solomon Islands won the 2011 Pacific Games, beating Samoa on penalties in the final.

Yes, the league is mine! Muhahaha! But what happened in the cup :O ok and I have one real talent, the best in the league, but Mardona has 2 great ones. Hmm, I don't know who won the rivalry this time round!

Haha this is awesome. Looking forward to this rivalry for seasons to come!

OLYMPIC GAMES

GREAT BRITAIN 2012

OlympicRings.jpg

Group Stage (Bold indicates qualification, number in brackets indicates points earned.)

Group A - Uruguay (7), Spain (5), Ivory Coast (4), Australia (0).

Group B - Costa Rica (5), Japan (4), Nigeria (4), Belarus (3).

Group C - Brazil (9), Switzerland (4), Iran (3), Solomon Islands (1).

Group D - Great Britain (7), Mexico (5), Morocco (4), South Korea (0).

NOTES: Great Britain (well, England plus Aaron Ramsey) were formed especially for this tournament, and Papiss Cissé FC reject Alan Pardew was appointed manager of the ceremonial side. They did well, getting through their group will relative ease; only a draw against Mexico stopping them from taking maximum points. Ivory Coast and Australia struggled in a tough group, and Solomon Islands were far from outclassed in theirs.

Quarter Final

Japan 0-2 Uruguay

Spain 6-0 Costa Rica

Brazil 3-1 Mexico

Switzerland 3-3p Great Britain

Semi Final

Uruguay 3-4 Spain

Brazil 1-2e Great Britain

Third Place Playoff

Uruguay 3-2 Brazil

Final

Spain 1-3 Great Britain

There were some fabulous matches on show, demonstrating that the future of football is bright. After a couple of close matches Eng- *cough* Great Britain defeated Spain in a thrilling final. Home hero Wayne Rooney, one of three overage players along with Leighton Baines and James Milner (yeah I know?!), opened the scoring, and Britain's brightest boys did the rest. A shame the nation of Great Britain will never play again.

Croatia unlucky in the Euro's, wonder if any CSKA Dubrovnik players were in the squad?

Dave. Are your World beaters the players with CA above 190?

Yes, there were two - Kreilach and Lendric, both players bought by Dubrovnik from the Croatian League.

Yeah that's right; any player who at any point has a CA of 190+ will become a part of that list. There's only four in the game at the moment with the potential to be there.

Haha this is awesome. Looking forward to this rivalry for seasons to come!
Just watch out ;)

Dave did any of Pelé's players take part in the Olympic Brazil squad? Really not liking the lack of prospects there to be honest!

Hmm, some bad news. It seems the Virgin Champions' Cup isn't running, and I'm not quite sure. I definitely set it to begin in 2012 with a yearly interval, but it's telling me that it's not been scheduled yet, despite it being a month after the date it should be, so I must have gone wrong somewhere. It's not the most important tournament, and with the leagues and cups all working, as well as the Google World Club Cup, I've decided that I'm just going to not bother with it in this sign-up - it's only a six team tournament anyway really just there for extra bragging rights. Sorry about that.

Dave did any of Pelé's players take part in the Olympic Brazil squad? Really not liking the lack of prospects there to be honest!

Yes - there were seven of them! Quite a contingent.

How amazing is this sign up man!!! Really happy having TWO players in the top five best players in my Clover Hotspur team and getting top goal scorer! Shame we couldn't do anything in the cups and got to do better in the league with those players! But amazing work DAVE!

OCEANIA NATIONS CUP

FIJI 2012

vinyl-decal-sticker-13681.jpg

Group Stage (Bold indicates qualification, number in brackets points earned.)

Group A - New Zealand (9), Fiji (6), New Caledonia (3), Vanuatu (0).

Group B - Tahiti (7), Papua New Guinea (4), Samoa (3), Solomon Islands (1).

No real surprises here. New Caledonia and Solomon Islands may have fancied their chances of getting through to the semi finals but until big boys New Zealand get knocked out at this stage, I don't really think we can call any group stage occurrences a shock.

Semi Final

New Zealand 0-1 Papua New Guinea

Fiji 3-1 Tahiti

Final

Papua New Guinea 4-0 Fiji

Well, well, well. A sure shock on our hands here, as unfancied Papua New Guinea, the largest nation in the competition in both size and population, defeated perennial champions New Zealand. They then went on to register another shock, crushing hosts Fiji in the final. (Perhaps New Zealand's loss shouldn't be such a huge surprise, as they lost convincingly to New Caledonia, who in turn lost to Tahiti in the final of the real thing, just two weeks ago).

Incidentally, Solomon Islands won the 2011 Pacific Games, beating Samoa on penalties in the final.

Bird Of Paradise FC might have been at the foot of the Table but the National Team is doing Proud! GO PNG! :)

This is amazing. Absolutely top work.

Not too disheartened by seeing Der Bandits relegated in our first season. Ours was always the long game, focusing on youth an facilities with a view to a successful future. Very encouraging that Martin Podrygala is with us, a 16 year old with 180 PA and a big big future. Let's hope he stays!

Terrific work Dave.

This is so great. You have done an amazing job, Dave.

My teams finished both third. So close to promotion for both. Well, next season Waga Waga and Heyerdahl FC will rule! (Hopefully:D)

AFRICAN REPUBLIC OF FRIEDRICH MANNGELD

917502normal.png

2012/13 SEASON

SABMiller African Premier Division - Etoiles Mondiales (CIV)

Kenya Airways African Division One - Mediterranean Knights (LBA)

Kenya Airways African Division Two - Lions of Judah SC (ETH)

Kenya Airways African Division Three - King Julien FC (MAD)

Kenya Airways African Division Four - Coelecantes (COM)

MTN African Cup - Latter Stages | Final - Lions of Judah SC (ETH)

Nando's African Super Cup

2012AfricaSuperCup.png

It was an excellent season for the neutrals; a very tight race ultimately being won by the Ivorians, Etoiles Mondiales. The last season's winners of the top two divisions, Espérance and Fennec were both right up there, but missed out, with just six points separating the top six sides. Away from top flight matters, it was another dismal season for Morocco's Chamakh Attack, who will be wondering just what it is they're doing wrong. No such worries for AFC Seychelles Athletics, and the Libyan Mediterranean Knights, who both sealed back-to-back promotions. However, team of the season must be Lions of Judah SC, of Ethiopia, who not only won Division Two and promotion, but also inflicted some huge giant killings on the way to victory in the cup. An outstanding double.

TOP 5 AFRICAN LEAGUE PLAYERS BY CA

POS   NAME                AGE  REGISTERED NATION   CLUB		CA   PA   Change  
1     Jelle Vossen  	  24   Belgium             Jediane F    146  150  new
2     R Yttergard Jenssen 25   Norway              Aspedras     146  150   0
3     Anderson Martins    25   Brazil              Lions Judah  145  155  -2
4     Nordin Amrabat  	  26   Morocco/Holland     Med Knights  144  150  new
5     Idrissa Gueye  	  24   Senegal             P. Cissé FC  143  145  new

TOP 5 AFRICAN LEAGUE YOUNG PLAYERS BY PA

POS   NAME               AGE  REGISTERED NATION  CLUB	  	CA   PA   Development
1     Simon Cole	 16   Nigeria            Lagos Eagles   103  198  new
2     Felix Egbeta       20   Nigeria            Lagos Eagles   124  180  +14
3     Kwami Ouro-Akpo    17   Togo               Les Eperviers   97  178  +11
4     Yassine Benzia     18   France/Algeria     Fennec Alger   117  177  new
5     Mohamed El Sayed   16   Egypt              Sharm		 68  177  new

Not sure who's in charge of youth at Lagos Eagles, but he needs a wage hike.

ASIAN REPUBLIC OF FRIEDRICH MANNGELD

917506normal.png

2012/13 SEASON

Bank of China Asian Premier Division - Arabian Knights (KSA)

Toyota Asian Division One - Gandhi Utd (IND)

Toyota Asian Division Two - Thunder Dragons (BHU)

Toyota Asian Division Three - Phnom Penh (CAM)

Emirates Asian Cup - Latter Stages | Final - Gandhi Utd (IND)

Samsung Asian Super Cup

2012AsiaSuperCup.png

Arabian Knights looked imperious this season, the Saudis comfortably winning the league, as well as the super cup. However, they got an almighty shock from Indian outfit Gandhi United, who celebrated back to back promotions with a cup win. They'll be in the Premier League next season, and surely major challengers to the Knights. Elsewhere, FC Pueblo suffered back to back relegations. I'd be worried right now if I was coaching the North Koreans...

TOP 5 ASIAN LEAGUE PLAYERS BY CA

POS   NAME                AGE  REGISTERED NATION   CLUB		CA   PA   Change  
1     Aleksander Dragovic 22   Austria		   FC 2022      146  154   0
2     Mate Simao          24   Mozambique          Alipolis     145  145  new
3     Carlos Bacca        26   Colombia            Xeng Xauow   144  144  new
4     Diego Valeri        27   Argentina           Xeng Xauow   141  142  -2
5     Diego Angelo        27   Brazil              D. Biskek    140  145  new

TOP 5 ASIAN LEAGUE YOUNG PLAYERS BY PA

1     Yasunori Kijima    20   Japan              Samurai War.   105  179  +6
2     Jishung Sui        17   China		 Xeng Xauow     119  176  +19
3     Xuewei Lui         20   China              Thunder Dragon 115  172  +14
4     Anas Al-Shdeifat   17   Jordan             D. Biskek       84  172  +1
5     Young-Rok Jung     20   South Korea        That Ras AFC   100  169  +16

EUROPEAN REPUBLIC OF FRIEDRICH MANNGELD

917496normal.png

2012/13 SEASON

Shell European Premier Division - Les Aigles (FRA)

BP European Division One - Chicken Kyiv (UKR)

BP European Division Two - Clover Hotspur (IRL)

BP European Division Three - Tórshavn Sheep (FRO)

BP European Division Four - Vaduz (LIE)

Nestlé European Cup - Latter Stages | Final - Ajax UFC (NED)

Volkswagen European Super Cup

2012EuropeSuperCup.png

A second league title in as many attempts for Les Aigles, and although Beja Bulls of Potugal were again close, it was the two promoted sides who were the French's nearest challengers, making major inroads straight away in the division. Der Bandits, relegated last season from the top flight, suffered the heartbreak of relegation again. Despite having some real quality coming through the ranks, the Germans were just quite not good enough once more.

TOP 5 EUROPEAN LEAGUE PLAYERS BY CA

POS   NAME               AGE  REGISTERED NATION   CLUB		CA   PA   Change  
1     Marco Piras	 19   Italy		 Viola Diavoli	166  190   0
2     Romas Kazlauskas	 19   Lithuania		 Zalgiris	152  179   0
3     Leonel Galeano     21   Argentina		 CSKA Dubrovnik	150  160  new
4     Matej Delac        20   Croatia/Bosnia	 CSKA Dubrovnik	149  156  new
5     Jonathan Mensah    22   Ghana		 Unbesiegbaren	147  150  new

TOP 5 EUROPEAN LEAGUE YOUNG PLAYERS BY PA

1     Aytac Gonen        16   Turkey		 Bogazici SK    103  196  new
2     Arnaud Bamba       15   France/Ivory Coast Les Aigles      81  191  new
3     Marco Piras        19   Italy              Viola Diavoli  166  190  -3
4     Cengiz Oz          16   Turkey		 Bogazici SK     75  190  new
5     Ante Ramljak       18   Croatia            CSKA Dubrovnik 113  189  new

I think the Bogazici youth head needs a wage rise too!

The Beiruti Cedars are dropping like a stone. Not good news for Lebanon. Thankfully fans of FC Deġjanik are getting used to their role of mid-table makeweights. Hopefully those youth facilities will start bearing fruit soon.

Just discovered yet ANOTHER error I've made with the database - I think I must have given priority to the second place in the league (in North America) priority over cup winners to appear in the super cup, as Arima Otters took Three Little Birds United's place. That means my embarrassingly large list of errors, none of which I managed to spot during testing includes:

- Champions' Cup doesn't work at all.

- Manngeld Trophy takes place on the first or second day of each season, despite saying it's to be played in February each time

- North American super cup issue

- Names for at least three clubs are slightly wrong/horribly wrong

I'm not sure whether I should plow on despite these problems or fix them all, test again, and restart. There are of course advantages to both - it's a choice between getting everything sorted and (hopefully) having things work better and run more smoothly. However, there has been a fair amount done so far, and I'm sure there'll be one or two complaints, especially due to the risk that teams who've been performing well could end up with far less to cheer.

So, I think I'll leave it up to the sign-up as a whole to decide. Give me your verdict and the sign up will either fix and restart, or continue as you were.

My apologies. Again. :p

Damnit, 5th again for the Tigers of Seoul, and again, out of the cup early, grrrrr. Seem stuck in mediocrity. Though I am a little worried with Gandhi United coming up that we will be in tough next year, they look to be dangerous.

well to be honest the errors regarding Champions Cup and the North America Cup will have a significant effect on clubs due to points earned via winning those competitions will be lost, so i would put my vote towards fixing things and restarting.

Why not set up a poll in a new thread, so people can decide and you wont have to spend ages reading through each post marking down who's voted or not

I might do, but it seems kind of pointless for there to be a whole thread for it at the moment. So far, most people seem to be leaning towards fixing/restarting. There's not been any explicit support for carrying on yet.

My vote is purely selfish on the grounds that Ochaneffing Thistle have just been promoted to the Shell European Premier and knocked out two Premier teams on the way to the Nestle Cup final, so I vote to carry on.

Quite understand if the consensus is to rob me of my hard-won achievements though.

;-)

Wehey 4th again :)hmmm and you don't mess with gandhi Fc The big guy is watching them and cheering th on :) tbh I say restart it just makes sense really to have a full functioning database also dave you could just holiday for 2 seasons and do a quick catch up then we are back to where we are now :)

Archived