League 1 Thread - 2012/13

G-Man11

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where on earth would you possibly have got that idea :D

I think the bid deadline is soon so hopefully we can't start getting somewhere, not optimistic though. Not a chance in hell SISU are going to meekly give in.

We aren't selling season tickets, it was a joke about me constantly mentioning it.

According to the fans forum tonight we can't sell tickets or announce our ground-sharing plans or announce where we are going to build our new stadium until the other company exists admin. Not that anyone would be buying season tickets atm even if they were on sale :D

So all the bids are in and it seems like we have 3 bidders (Asian consortium, Preston Haskell III and SISU) but it seems unlikely we'll find out who had the 'winning' bid for at least a fortnight. Really wouldn't be surprised if the company just ends up sold back to SISU, though even if it isn't they still own all the players and club name and will probably take it through the courts.

The big problem is that the administrator is legally required to select the bid which best serves the creditors and pretty much the only major creditors are SISU :D

Turns out there are actually 6 bidders, with a Thursday deadline for final bids.

Looks like ACL themselves are one of the bidders, which would certainly solve the stadium issue. Seeing as how ACL are half-owned by the council it could mean in theory we're actually funded by your taxes :brock: Can see that being a bit controversial to say the least, even if no tax payer money ever goes into the club.

Still have no idea about the identity of three of the bidders as well so god knows who could be owning us next season.

Exactly' date=' and SISU is the floating charge holder, so the bidder has to pay the floating charge off in full (or agree a settlement) without it going to court. SISU are owed £40m+ aren't they? Then the new bidder then has to buy the ground, the end certainly isn't in sight atm :([/quote']

Indeed, no matter what happens here SISU wont agree any sort of settlement and will refuse to give up the player contracts, meaning a long court battle. Also the potential of us actually having no players and having to sign a whole new team and manager.

ACL winning the bid would make the stadium issue a lot easier though.

edit - Hmm just heard that ACL have said whoever wins the bid can play at the Ricoh next season for free (apart from on the day costs) which basically blows SISU's whole being kicked out ground-sharing nonsense out of the water. At the very least means we have a year to sort out a temporary ground whilst SISU build their new stadium :rolleyes:

Here we go:

The Directors of Arena Coventry Limited have been deeply concerned with how the emotions of Coventry City Football Club supporters have been tested over recent months and more especially the past few weeks.

These concerns were discussed in great detail at an ACL Board Meeting on 7 June 2013, and we have today notified the Football League and the Joint Administrators of a proposed solution for the coming season.

To enable the Football Club to fulfil its commitments under Football League Regulations, and to provide stability whilst Coventry City Football Club Limited, which owns the League Share, remains in Administration, ACL has agreed to allow the club to play its homes games free of any rental fee, therefore removing any need for the supporters to travel outside the City to watch home games.

All charges incurred on match day as a consequence of staging a football match, will be passed through at cost, for example, stewarding, policing, utilities, frost protection, match day repairs to stadium, health safety and compliance management and certification, service charges for maintenance contracts e.g. flood lights, generators etc.

Whilst these sums may vary depending on attendances, it should be noted that policing, stewarding and pitch maintenance have historically been directly managed and paid for by the club. ACL also acknowledges that service related charges can be verified if necessary by an independent external party.

Given ACL wishes to ensure it provides the best playing surface possible for all football league matches, it will now take direct responsibility for future management and maintenance of the pitch.

The Directors of ACL hope the supporters of Coventry City Football Club, the Joint Administrators and the Football League, will view this as a positive and productive move, and should assist in dispelling the uncertainty and upset of the past weeks.

Yeah this was a massive problem last season. SISU basically stopped paying for any of decent pitch maintenance and the pitch was bloody awful by seasons end (which tbh wasn't out of place for this league, but unusual for the Ricoh), which led to the goundsman quitting and being employed by ACL a few weeks ago.

I thought you were fundamentally against the "benefactor model"?

Another failed point scoring post. If anyone is going to wrestle the club from SISU, they'll need to buy out their floating charge, agree a fee or take them to court. SISU are owed £40m+ the question is, what is the value of the brand/players, because that's all they have to sell now.

New signing at Brentford

Jack Bonham (was the kid in goal at Watford on the last day of the season)

Some of our silly fans now think that means Simon Moore is off - he isn't, Bonham will be 3rd choice and mainly play developmental games

Bonham does have potential, it'll be a few years before he's ready for first team football and I'd expect a few loans out to non-league teams over the next couple of years.

But he's a great size for a keeper at 6' 4" and pretty broad as well.

He wasn't released because he didn't have the potential nor because of the mistake against Leeds. He was released because Jonathan Bond is only a couple of months older and we have another younger keeper joining the U18s that has huge potential.

Ah okay, we paid £800k for him so it would be nice to recoup some of that! He may be very good for another club but it just doesn't seem to have worked at Bournemouth, shame really as he's a local lad but I think it's time to cut the losses and replace him, especially as Grabban runs hot and cold too.

So the holding company in admin has been sold to the Otium Entertainment Group, which is the parent company of the part of the club SISU own and registered to the three SISU goons who were running the club (until we we relegated and the SISU head honcho got rid of them). I'm pretty certain that means we are still owned by SISU then :(

Vampires slowly killing the club.

how on earth do the football league keep ratifying sales of football clubs in admin when it appears that they're being bought by essentially the same company that drove them into admin in the first place?

I'm also pretty certain this means we wont be playing in Coventry next season, which will mean me boycotting all home games unfortunately. Question is what do I do with myself when we're playing at 'home'. Thinking of maybe choosing another midland's team to follow for the season (likely much longer :() or possibly just to go and see lot's of different games around the country.

Annoying thing was a lot of people were talking about setting up a protest club rather than follow the team out of the city and I'd certainly have been up for that, but because this has taken so long to sort out it's too late to set one up for this season now.

Tbh wouldn't be surprised if I caved in by October especially if we start the season well, I mean I even went to all our JPT games last season. Not sure I have it in me to completely stop going to home games.

Thought you'd been offered the Ricoh free of charge ?

Someone pointed out to me that it said whilst we're still in admin, hadn't noticed that at the time. Wouldn't put it past SISU to not play at the Ricoh even if it was free now, pretty much seem hell bent on moving out.

Archived