League 1 Thread - 2012/13

G-Man11

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh I expect to see a lot of football league teams really trying to cut the wage bill this season due to the FFP, could be a lot of free agents still on the market come september.

Massive club Bradford next season :thdn:
Nothing massive about us were now at the level we belong at.

"Belong at this level" isn't the best phase for a football fan to use about their club, but I think Bradford should (at least in theory) be more than capable of holding their own in the Championship in the long term.

Nothing massive about us were now at the level we belong at.

Was referring more to your fan base that taunt us Notts County fans on our forum every now and then. They come on and bang on about how big the club is etc.

You always bring a big crowd to the lane so looking forward to playing you :thup:

Tbh I expect to see a lot of football league teams really trying to cut the wage bill this season due to the FFP, could be a lot of free agents still on the market come september.

We wanted to keep Hughes though. We have obviously offered him a rubbish deal and he has dropped to league 2 for more money. We all knew he was going to go but we thought it would be league 1 or the championship.

Only our youth players have agreed deals so far. We are a skiing ship at the moment. Would easily predict us to be relegation candidates right now.

Was referring more to your fan base that taunt us Notts County fans on our forum every now and then. They come on and bang on about how big the club is etc.

You always bring a big crowd to the lane so looking forward to playing you :thup:

You always get some morons at Bradford mate so I wouldnt bother.

Yeah looking forward to coming to yours unless its like our last League game there 0-5 :(

Richard Brindley from Chesterfield & Adam Collin from Carlisle our first two signings then.

Both out of contract as far as I can see, no idea if they are any good or not though.

Adam Collin can be decent at times but lost his place to Mark Gillespie. Not sure if he will be your number one though.

Looks like another bid in for the club now, this time from a far east consortium. Still expecting us to be under the control of SISU come next season though :(

Well it would be interesting to see if the FL would allow them to be owners under the F&PPT. It's been strengthened since SISU took over, and any transfer of golden share would mean owners would have to go through this process again. I do understand their argument in terms of the revenue from the ground, but it's wholly inappropriate to go and spend funds on a new stadium, leaving the Ricoh to turn into a white elephant.

Effectively without a chance to enter a new club it's basically Walsall or no football for your fans at this time?

I think the majority have opted for no football (or at least only away games) if we actually do end up still under SISU control. I know I wont be going to any home games next year if we move outside of Coventry. Not because I have a problem with the travelling (if we needed a new stadium I'd be fine with this), but I simply wont continue to put any more money into the club whilst SISU run us into the ground. Could be a weird situation next year where we have more away fans than home fans.

The problem is even if the administrator sells CCFC ltd to one of the offers on the table, SISU still actually own CCFC holdings ltd (confusingly similar names :D). Which means they own all the player contracts, the right to use the clubs name and god knows what else. Which will undoubtedly mean a long court battle. Then even if all that is sorted we're still actually in a transfer embargo.

More of a gut feeling really. Harry and Sam lived together and Sam tweeted a while ago about having to find a new place, plus for the most part of this season Sam has been coming on for Harry in most games and I'd be shocked (but happy) if Sam, at his age, would sign a 2 year deal to be a sub for Harry (or any other player really)

Adam Collin can be decent at times but lost his place to Mark Gillespie. Not sure if he will be your number one though.

Sounds like we are starting the season without a clear 1st choice and whoever does better in pre season/training starts with the shirt until they drop the ball.

I thought it was a well reasoned letter, and it's pretty kind of him to take his time to write all of that out. It shouldn't completely absolve SISU, but it's a well known fact the lease on the ground is completely crazy. A very interesting read, and to think Chanrai offered the trust a £1.2m lease at one point during the negotiations. :D

I don't think anyone disagrees that the rent is way too high (well apart from ACL maybe) but it's the way SISU have gone about trying to solve it. It's quite obvious they were deliberately trying to bankrupt ACL so they could then buy the stadium on the cheap (but were foiled by the council bailing them out with your tax money) which really is a pretty crass strategy.

I don't think anyone disagrees that the rent is way too high (well apart from ACL maybe) but it's the way SISU have gone about trying to solve it. It's quite obvious they were deliberately trying to bankrupt ACL so they could then buy the stadium on the cheap (but were foiled by the council bailing them out with your tax money) which really is a pretty crass strategy.

I can't believe it's been tweeted by the official twitter account, Fisher operating it on his own or something. It's hardly supporting the owners, just saying look at it from another perspective :D

Still kind of weird seeing SISU and Fisher/co basically just operating like there is no administration and basically making announcements as the club. Very different to most administrations!

The same Wolves who were one of the favourites for promotion last season to the Premier League? ;)

Yeah but now they'll have a competent manager in Steve Davis ;)

Tbh they'd be well served to get rid of most of their players and stick with a young core of the likes of Batth, Cassidy, Doherty etc etc and then sign a few experienced good league 1 players and they should still easily win promotion.

Yeah but now they'll have a competent manager in Steve Davis ;)

Tbh they'd be well served to get rid of most of their players and stick with a young core of the likes of Batth, Cassidy, Doherty etc etc and then sign a few experienced good league 1 players and they should still easily win promotion.

I'm really glad Sigurdsson will be staying, He has got such a bright future with us, Plus we have Boukari who was ment to be better than Sako until he got injured, and Hennessey will be back from injury. Just got a bad feeling we will struggle and end up just outside the play offs. Also alot of rumours on Wolves messege boards we may be doing a groundshare with you guys?!

I can't imagine Hennessey will be on low wages, wouldn't it make sense to sell him and stick with Ikeme who's more than decent enough?

But yeah I think if you keep a few of the younger 'big name' players like Sig and then build around that you'll be fine. Just need to get rid of the dead wood that clearly didn't play to their supposed talents last season.

All the reports suggest the groundshare would be with Walsall but wherever it is you wont be seeing more than 2-3k Cov fans turning up, I'll certainly be boycotting our home games next season if we aren't playing in Coventry.

I can't imagine Hennessey will be on low wages, wouldn't it make sense to sell him and stick with Ikeme who's more than decent enough?

But yeah I think if you keep a few of the younger 'big name' players like Sig and then build around that you'll be fine. Just need to get rid of the dead wood that clearly didn't play to their supposed talents last season.

All the reports suggest the groundshare would be with Walsall but wherever it is you wont be seeing more than 2-3k Cov fans turning up, I'll certainly be boycotting our home games next season if we aren't playing in Coventry.

I'm not sure, I think Hennessey is on about 15k a week, But because he has been injured for the last year he'd need at least half a season with us before any moves.

I'm really hopefully Mclainden plays some games this season, He's played really well in the U21's and alot of people have been saying he is better than Cassidy!

Is there any deadline you guys have before you can announce where you will be playing?

Archived