Who Are Ya? [FM2011] Vauxhall/San Marino Edition - Game Thread (again).

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Harkness = 206 points

Acceleration (15+16+17+18= 66) ending on 18

Determination (7+8+9+10+11+12= 57) ending on 12

Pace (15+16+17+18= 66) ending on 18

Crossing (15) ending on 15

206 points to spend, spent 204...

Shot! really awesome sign up!

Leonardo Lombardo = 164 points

Tackling from 7 -> 19 = 162 points spoints

as260191 your player tackling is 14, do you want to have a look at your player card and re-decide what you want to do mate. All other changes made.

Just waiting on Steve Duffy and Willy Wonka to boost now, the Swedish lads will be boosted at the end of their domestic season.

I won't hold back on the updates, the players will be changed as and when people get back to me. Slow day today in regards updates - got a new job back in Blighty and on blood nights :-( That said, in Dubai next week for a week, as I might have a new job again overseas (but safe this time). Will still have the laptop, and still be able to update.

International Double Header 3rd and 7th of June 2011.

No more U19 or U21 call ups, its all about the senior team baby! 15 of 16 youth players called up for the double header with Barrio the only one missing through injury.

Sitting in 167th position (and still slowly moving in the right direction) the country had a double header at home against Finland (36th in the world) and Hungary (38th in the world).

First up were Finland and a full house of 4,500 fans and a 4-4-1-1- line up.

A.Selva ©

L. Tym Toon

B.Smith - M.Barretti - M.James - J.Turner

M.Nevo - L.Lombardo - D.Ginsberg - O.Brown

G.Zantk

Rest of the lads were on the bench, however none were brought on during the close 1-0 defeat. Mikael Forssell hitting the winner on the stroke of half time. Apart from working hard the lads did have a few chances but could not find the net. A great learning experience for all involved.

A.Selva ©

L. Tym Toon

J.Harkness- N.Walker - M.James - J.Turner

G.Zantk

The second of the double header was a game against Hungary and a slight change to the line ups, going 2-0 down within 28 minutes (Adam Szalai 8th min and Tibor Tisza 28th min), the young guns were looking at a whooping, but a Martyn James goal on 55 minutes gave the side hope. Really a one sided game but again all learning for the young boys, and a first goal for one of the lads. Again the boys played in front of 4,500 fans.

End of first full year - and I will be posting my player of the year based on number of coaching points gained (this includes players in Sweden), all player changes have been made - interestingly some of he changes have already decreased! Must be the attitude of the players lol, but you won't know this until you see the next player cards whoooooooo.

June 2011

With the lads in England on holiday, it was left to the two lads in Sweden to show us what they had in their locker. First up Mike Nevo was playing plenty of football having so far this year played 20 pre-season, youth and 2nd team games - along with 11 senior games , setting 1 goal up and getting 1 man of the match award with an average rating of 6.85. Worth £95,000 he is an important first team player, a promising full-back with a resolute and reserved nature.

Ben Smith is also in Sweden but is injured at the moment, having picked up a damaged achilles tendon and still has 2 to 3 months out. He has been out for 13 days since picking the injury up during training. Currently in the Orebro 2nd team which is called OSK Ungdom and play in the Swedish Second Division North Gotaland, has played 15 first team games between the 1st and 2nd teams, scoring 3 goals, setting up 2 and claiming 1 man of the match award. Worth £40,000 he again is an important first team player, a promising midfield player, who is outspoken and ambitious.

End of first full year - and I will be posting my player of the year based on number of coaching points gained (this includes players in Sweden), all player changes have been made - interestingly some of he changes have already decreased! Must be the attitude of the players lol, but you won't know this until you see the next player cards whoooooooo.

Did you increase CA along with attributes? If not attributes will decrease to be consistent with CA I think.

On a separate note Martyn James gets his first International goal.:D

June 2011

With the lads in England on holiday, it was left to the two lads in Sweden to show us what they had in their locker. First up Mike Nevo was playing plenty of football having so far this year played 20 pre-season, youth and 2nd team games - along with 11 senior games , setting 1 goal up and getting 1 man of the match award with an average rating of 6.85. Worth £95,000 he is an important first team player, a promising full-back with a resolute and reserved nature.

Ben Smith is also in Sweden but is injured at the moment, having picked up a damaged achilles tendon and still has 2 to 3 months out. He has been out for 13 days since picking the injury up during training. Currently in the Orebro 2nd team which is called OSK Ungdom and play in the Swedish Second Division North Gotaland, has played 15 first team games between the 1st and 2nd teams, scoring 3 goals, setting up 2 and claiming 1 man of the match award. Worth £40,000 he again is an important first team player, a promising midfield player, who is outspoken and ambitious.

I'd still like to see some better performances from the lad... When do we get to increase their stats? :D

Did you increase CA along with attributes? If not attributes will decrease to be consistent with CA I think.

On a separate note Martyn James gets his first International goal.:D

I hear what you say mate - however, sometimes when you update the CA it can also update other stats, what I have found is sometimes based on whatever factors (I have never been able to suss it out), some stats change slightly (by 1 point).

I'd still like to see some better performances from the lad... When do we get to increase their stats? :D

At the end of the Swedish season, so around November mate!

End of year one:

Omar Brown: 27 Senior Games, 5 Goals, 9 Assists, 6 MoM, 2 Yellow Cards, Avg R 7.55, Value of £22,000, Wage of £210 per week.

Sercan Cali: 13 Senior Games, 4 Goals, 1 Assists, 3 MoM, 2 Yellow Cards, 1 Red Card, Avg R 7.19, Value of £20,000, Wage of £5 per week, AS Saint-Etienne and Wolfsburg wanting to sign young Cali.

Steve Duffy: 32 Senior Games, 8 Goals, 18 Assists, 3 MoM, 7 Yellow Cards, Avg R 7.58, Value of £35,000, Wage of £210 per week.

David Ginsberg: 41 Senior Games, 6 Goals, 8 Assists, 9 MoM, 12 Yellow Cards, Avg R 7.87, Value of £28,000, Wage of £210 per week.

John Harkness: 36 Senior Games, 10 Goals, 11 Assists, 1 MoM, 7 Yellow Cards, 1 Red Card, Avg R 7.28, Value of £24,000, Wage of £60 per week.

Martyn James: 30 Senior Games, 10 Goals, 17 Assists, 4 MoM, 9 Yellow Cards, 1 Red Card, Avg R 7.56, Value of £24,000, Wage of £110 per week.

Leonardo Lombardo: 32 Senior Games, 0 Goals, 4 Assists, 1 MoM, 2 Yellow Cards, Avg R 7.24, Value of £22,000, Wage of £70 per week, Chateauroux wanting to sign Leonardo.

Mike Nevo: 17 English Senior Games, 12 Swedish Senior Games, 5 English Assists, 1 Swedish Assist, 2 English MoM, 1 Swedish MoM, 5 English Yellow Cards, 3 Swedish Yellow Cards, 1 English Red Card, English Avg R 7.60, Swedish Avg R 6.83 Value of £120,000, Wage of £1,100 per week.

Ya Pierre-Dolle: 32 Senior Games, 16 Goals, 3 Assists, 4 MoM, Avg R 7.53, Value of £26,000, Wage of £80 per week.

Ben Smith: 4 English Senior Games, 16 Swedish Senior Games, 3 Swedish Goals, 2 Swedish Assists, 1 Swedish MoM, English Avg R 6.60, Swedish Avg R 6.97 Value of £40,000 Wage of £800 per week.

Joey Turner: 27 Senior Games, 2 Goals, 11 Assists, 3 MoM, 1 Yellow Card, Avg R 7.70, Value of £24,000, Wage of £65 per week.

Long Tym Toon: 34 Senior Games, 7 Goals, 13 Assists, 5 MoM, Avg R 7.27, Value of £24,000, Wage of £70 per week, St Johnstone wanting to sign Long Tym Toon.

Nathan Walker: 27 Senior Games, 5 Goals, 5 Assists, 1 Yellow Card, Avg R 7.07, Value of £22,000, Wage of £55 per week.

Barrio Wilkinsonio: 1 Senior Game, Avg R 6.90, Value of £250,000, Wage of £1,500 per week.

Willy Wonka: 43 Senior Games, 32 Goals, 3 Assists, 4 MoM, 4 Yellow Cards, Avg R 7.49, Value of £26,000, Wage of £110 per week.

Galen Zantk: 49 Senior Games, 19 Clean Sheets, 1 MoM, Avg R 7.01, Value of £18,000, Wage of £210 per week.

Player of the year goes to:

Galen Zantk - A fantasic season between the sticks, consistant, fit and maybe a un-sung hero as goals were being scored all over the place due to the team walking the league.

Player of the year runner up goes to:

Mike Nevo - Nearly gave the award to Mike Nevo, made a move to a new country early in the year and has become a fixture in the side playing top flight football. Playing for all three sides (1st, 2nd and youth) over in Sweden, his amazing fitness means he is able to do this and gain experiance. Expecting great things from this young man.

BREAKING NEWS

Sercan Cali leaves Vauxhall for Italian Serie A F.C. Internazionale

Inter have paid £120,000 for the youngster.

After a fine season in the bottom flight of English football, Sercan makes a dream move to one of Europe's biggest team - Inter! Signing on a 3 year deal worth £100 a week it will be interesting to see if the lad gets any first team action, or will be loaned out? One thing is for sure, this move should cement his place in the San Marino senior side, and the coaching he will receive whilst at Inter will be top notch.

Important action needed just by Sercan Cali - and this is a one time offer :-) You currently have 2 coaching points, I will allow you to spend 0.125 per position skill point.

July 2011

July saw the majority of players back at their English clubs and pre-season under way - for the time being I will continue to focus on Vauxhall, but when the majority of players have moved on, it will just be monthly player updates.

(H) Bangor City 3-0 Win: Ya Pierre-Dolle, Martyn James and Willy Wonka are the goalscorers.

(A) Glenafton 4-0 Win: Willy Wonka (2), Joey Turner and Sercan Cali the goalscorers.

(H) Southport 4-0 Win: Orlando Smith (2), John Harkness and Willy Wonka the goalscorers.

(H) Coleraine 3-0 Win: Willy Wonka (2), Nathan Walker goalscorers.

(A) Frickley 1-0 Win: Martyn James the goalscorer.

So, like last year a solid pre-season and one in which the Vauxhall board will be hoping to bag as many points as possible before the team splits as I feel all the young players will move on this season.

Over In Sweden, Mike Nevo is on 24 2nd string and youth games, whilst pulling on the first team shirt 13 times, and Ben Smith still has around 6 weeks on the sidelines.

Other News

John Harkness is recovering at home from some strange illness that has struck him down, been out for 11 days but should be back in the next 3. Ya Pierre-Dolle will miss the start of the season after picking up strained knee ligament damage, possibly 3 months on the sidelines. Finally Joey Turner still has up to 3 weeks out with a twisted ankle, has already missed 3 weeks of pre-season due to this.

BREAKING NEWS

Joey Turner leaves Vauxhall for French Ligue 2 AS Saint-Etienne

Saint-Etienne have paid
£80,000 for the youngster.

A solid season has seen Joey leave Vauxhall for France, and a move which should see first team football, has signed a 3 year deal worth 3 £250 per week this very loyal and media-friendly player is currently worried his injury will hamper him settling into his new club.

Important
action needed just by
Joey Turner
- and this is a one time offer :-) You currently have 0 coaching points, I will allow you to spend 0.125 per position skill point.
So due to being injured and not playing any pre-season football, your move has come at a bad time, no new postion training for you. I'm sure it won't be your last move.

In other transfer news - Barrio has joined Hudersfield on a 6 month loan spell, Huddersfield are paying 100% of the wages so hopefully the young man will get some game time.

Great preseason start--and quite the honor being selected as POY. Hope to improve on my 19 cleansheets --- got a solid defence in front of me, so high hopes there!

International's 08/09/10th of August 2011

Up to 166th in the world and 11 places behind Luxembourg who are our next European target, and 8 places in front of Andorra. All three sides had an away friendly in Bulgaria.

First team lost 4-0 in front of 26,178 fans - none of our players played in the game

U19's team lost 4-0 in front of 4,855 fans - none of our players played in the game.

U21's made it an hat-trick of defeats losing 2-0 in front of 11,358 fans.

Formation was 3-1-4-2

A.Ceccoli - W.Wonka

S.Cail- L.Tym Toon - M.James - S.Duffy

N.Walker

D.Ginsberg- R.Ragini - L.Lombardo

G.Zantk

John Harkness, Omar Brown and Mike Nevo on the bench, none of which came on.

Never really got to grips with playing in front of a decent size crowd and goals from Stanislav Kostov (53) and Vladimir Baharov (89) meant the home side were never looking like losing. Martyn James will miss around 11 days after bruising his head!

I'm over the moon at coming runner up for player of the year :D I never even thought i'd come close to the top bunch of players, but to have been considered for the award is brilliant!
Great preseason start--and quite the honor being selected as POY. Hope to improve on my 19 cleansheets --- got a solid defence in front of me, so high hopes there!

The awards were based totally on number of coaching points won over a 365 day period, it didn't take into account any titles, cup wins etc, I'm sure as the years pass by I will take these factors into account. No prizes for the awards, just a nice warm feeling inside I guess that your virtual bod is doing ok.

BREAKING NEWS

Steve Duffy leaves Vauxhall for English Premier Division Blackburn Rovers

Blackburn have paid
£325,000 for the youngster.

It's been on the cards for a while, and finally he has left the club, and possibly he could break into the first team this season, 3 year deal worth £825 a week. Promising winger with a sporting personality and this move should see him break into the San Marino senior squad.

Important
action needed just by
Steve Duffy
- and this is a one time offer :-) You currently have 9.5 coaching points, I will allow you to spend 0.5 per position skill point.

BREAKING NEWS

David Ginsberg leaves Vauxhall for Romanian First League FC Timisoara

FC Timisoara have paid £400,000 for the youngster.

Possibly a strange move to a league not many people know about, but also may be a smart move as the youngster should get plenty of game time. A 5 year contract has been signed for a player that may well be our first million pound player, £2,300 a week wage say the club are serious about this lad. Believing he will learn a lot during his time at the club, he already has national reputation status, and this media-friendly professional lad should have an amazing season.

Important action needed just by David Ginsberg - and this is a one time offer :-) You currently have 11.75 coaching points, I will allow you to spend 0.5885 per position skill point.

August 2011

6 wins from 6 for Vauxhall as they continue to hammer teams despite the best players moving on. 17 goals scored and just 7 goals against see the Motormen top of the table on 18 points, 3 in front of 2nd place Newport County. Will the team be able to keep going when the last of the players move on? Will players be brought into the club as more money comes in from the transfer of players - who knows? Only time will tell!

(A) Southport City 3-0 Win: Willy Wonka, Steve Duffy and Nathan Walker the goalscorers.

(A) Newport County 3-1 Win: Willy Wonka (2) and Darren Stephenson the goalscorers.

(H) Barnet 3-2 Win: Willy Wonka (2) and John Harkness the goalscorers.

(H) Eastbourne Boro 2-1 Win: Darren Stephenson and Long Tym Toon the goalscorers.

(A) Grimsby 2-1 Win: Darren Stephenson and John Harkness the goalscorers.

(H) Kettering 4-2 Win: Darren Stephenson (3) and Elliott Carruthers the goalscorers.

In France Turner is still waiting for his first start, as is Barrio, Steve, and David for their new clubs. Sercan has played in 5 games for Inter U20's whilst Mike Nevo is on 15 senior games for Kalmar this season.

Other News

Ya Pierre-Dolle still has up to 5 weeks out due to the knee ligament injury and will miss the European Championship double header for his nation this coming month, Ben Smith should be back in the next 3 days, having been out for 3 months so far.

BREAKING NEWS

Steve Duffy leaves Vauxhall for English Premier Division Blackburn Rovers

Blackburn have paid
£325,000 for the youngster.

It's been on the cards for a while, and finally he has left the club, and possibly he could break into the first team this season, 3 year deal worth £825 a week. Promising winger with a sporting personality and this move should see him break into the San Marino senior squad.

Important
action needed just by
Steve Duffy
- and this is a one time offer :-) You currently have 9.5 coaching points, I will allow you to spend 0.5 per position skill point.

Brilliant! I'll lump all of it on MR then the rest on AMR please miller

International Double Header 2nd and 6th of September 2011.

Another learning double header for the young guns, with nothing to lose the boys from San Marino went into the games against Holland and Sweden.

Still in 165th world position, hopefully the boys will do enough to try and move slightly up the rankings again.

4-4-2 was the formation for the away game in Holland

A. Selva - M.Vitaioli

J.Harkness- M.James - L.Tym Toon - J.Turner

S.Cali- L.Lombardo - D.Ginsberg - O.Brown

G.Zantk

Mike Nevo, Nathan Walker, Barrio Wilkinsonio and Steve Duffy were on the bench with Nevo and Walker coming on, playing in front of 48,585 fans the dutch won 3-0 with goals from Robin van Persie (9,56) and Wesley Sneijder (55), a great learning experiance and one I think everyone will be pleased the team kept the scoreline down to just three.

A. Selva - W.Wonka

J.Harkness- M.James - L.Tym Toon - J.Turner

G.Zantk

A great result, ok a loss, but a great result at home to Sweden losing just 2-1. Barrio Wilkinsonio, Nathan Walker, Sercan Cali and Steve Duffy on the bench - none of them coming on as sub. Going 2-0 down through Zlatan Ibrahimovic (10) and Martin Olsson (31), before a goal from Long Tym Toon (44) pulling one back. The Swedish players then started to lose their heads with Ibrahimovic being sent off in the 82nd minute leaving Sweden to hang on.

3-0 to the dutch :( How many save opportunities/saves made? Imagine they were really putting pressure on. 2-1 vs Swedes much better --- way to go LT to score and put us back in the match!

3-0 to the dutch :( How many save opportunities/saves made? Imagine they were really putting pressure on. 2-1 vs Swedes much better --- way to go LT to score and put us back in the match!

Dutch had 11 shots, 8 of which were on target, 63% of possession too, gave the San Marino boys the run around.

September 2011

2 draws and 3 wins has seen the Motormen stay top of the league but Luton are just 1 win behind.

(H) Macclesfield 0-0 Draw:

(A) Gateshead 3-1 Win: Nathan Walker, Marytn James, Willy Wonka the goalscorers.

(A) Darlington 1-1 Draw: Martyn James the goalscorer.

(H) Luton 4-2 Win: Willy Wonka (2), Sarren Stephenson and David Mannix the goalscorers.

(A) Histon 3-1 Win: Ya Pieree-Dolle, Willy Wonka and Omar Brown the goalscorers.

Joey turner is still waiting to get off the mark over in France, Steve Duffy has played 5 reserve and youth team games for Blackburn. David Ginsberg has played 3 games for his new side FC Timisoara, Barrio still has not had a sniff during his loan spell to Huddersfield. Sercan Cali has moved on to 8 youth and reserve games and is just waiting for the call up to the first team. Mike Nevo has 32 youth and second string games, and 18 senior games in Sweden, whilst Ben Smith has 10 senior games to his name.

Other News

Only player out injured at the moment is Galen Zantk with a groin strain and may be out for another 12 days, has been out for 2 weeks at the moment.

May be a delay for a week on this one, got a weeks work in Dubia that came out of the blue and I flew out yesterday. Just thought I would let you guys know.

alright for some :p do you need a chef over there :lol:

yeah no bother chief get round to it when you can

• 2 weeks later...

Archived