Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

Do you honestly have that much faith in RDM over a full 38 game season, with all the cups and such to balance? This may be with a tinge of hope but seemed like the Gods were with you last season and just about everything went right after he took over. Surely there are some lingering questions now that he is manager out right?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we showed last season (and the season we lost to Man Utd in the CL final) the manager doesn't really need to do much apart from not **** off the players. The fans will get behind him and the players like playing for him so I think it'll be fine. He deserves his chance anyway. I don't think anyone's expecting a title win or anything, just get back into the top 3 with some good young players.

Do you honestly have that much faith in RDM over a full 38 game season, with all the cups and such to balance? This may be with a tinge of hope but seemed like the Gods were with you last season and just about everything went right after he took over. Surely there are some lingering questions now that he is manager out right?

Maybe we'll start well and collapse at the first sign of pressure and distraction ;)

I think the additions to the squad mean we're good enough to get our place in the top 4 back, even if it's just because the players will be in the right mood as jmr says. Whether RDM will excel enough to stay beyond that, it's hard to say until our transfers are completed and we've seen how the team will line up and play.

I think we showed last season (and the season we lost to Man Utd in the CL final) the manager doesn't really need to do much apart from not **** off the players. The fans will get behind him and the players like playing for him so I think it'll be fine.....

I love this. :D Keep it up boys.

Well look at Spain, how much influence does Del Bosque really have? He's never going to drop a dressing room favourite in favour of someone else (Torres/Soldado anyone?) and the players dictate themselves exactly how they play and pretty much who plays. Works out alright for them...

Not saying Chelsea should be run like that, just saying player power in the dressing room isn't the end of the world.

It's not even player power really. It's that these players have played the same way for 8 years now, they don't need 500 page PDF's detailing every single training session and opposition, they just need someone that will keep them playing the same way and doing the same things, and that's what RdM did and it worked out, that's what Avram Grant did and it worked out. AvB came in and tried to change too much too soon, he wanted to change the way players that formed our spine over the past 6-8 years played in less than 2 months, when really it should have been a very gradual process over like 2 years or something and preferablly when the likes of Lampard, Terry and Drogba were no longer first teamers. He could have worked out for us if he was more patient, but he completely ****ed it up in that first month or two really, and when it started going bad he made it even worse by freezing out players like Anelka and Alex.

It's not even player power really. It's that these players have played the same way for 8 years now, they don't need 500 page PDF's detailing every single training session and opposition, they just need someone that will keep them playing the same way and doing the same things, and that's what RdM did and it worked out, that's what Avram Grant did and it worked out. AvB came in and tried to change too much too soon, he wanted to change the way players that formed our spine over the past 6-8 years played in less than 2 months, when really it should have been a very gradual process over like 2 years or something and preferablly when the likes of Lampard, Terry and Drogba were no longer first teamers. He could have worked out for us if he was more patient, but he completely ****ed it up in that first month or two really, and when it started going bad he made it even worse by freezing out players like Anelka and Alex.

Might have been top tip to work that out beforehand and after all this time you just wanted a lap dog to the dressing room before paying Porto a shedload to get him, and then pay the man himself a shedload to bin him. Or Jose, Scolari, or Ancelloti.

It's pure gold though. :)

All the great teams in history have been run by ageing player's power.....oh no. Wait. Maybe not. :D

Can anyone understand what this dribbling spaz is talking about? Again.

Lay down on the personal as well. Uncalled for. Internet gobby warriors on a safe keyboard and all. I'm not attacking you, just find Chelsea funny. Sheesh. :)

I wonder why we haven't been involved in the RVP race at all? If we are genuinely looking for a striker then surely he fits the bill pretty well? If only he was a couple of years younger.

I always think this. He may be tempted by a move here and sees himself winning trophies here, surprised we have not been rumoured to be interested into him

There was hardly a "race" until recently, no? Sure teams were probably "interested", but before it didn't seem like they were going to sell, or that he wanted to leave.
He only said he wasn't renewing today lads. I hope we're in for him, maybe keeping his family in London could tip it our way? Would be very silly to not atleast try and get him.

Well he may have only announced it today but tbh there was already a lot of interest in him purely because he had one year left on his contract. Obviously him now saying he won't sign an extension will properly start the race but still I don't understand why we haven't shown any interest at all. We probably won't and we just better hope that Torres can start delivering properly this season, although I would have some faith in Sturridge to score as a striker with the kind of creativity we would have behind him.

That's Battersea over and done then?

Chelsea's hopes of moving to Battersea Power Station have been

extinguished after a Malaysian consortium completed a £400million

purchase of the London landmark.

The Blues are considering moving away from Stamford Bridge and had lodged a bid to move to the iconic 39-acre site on the south bank of the River Thames.

The west Londoners released plans in May that detailed how they hoped to turn the derelict site in to a 60,000-seater stadium incorporating the four famous chimneys.

Administrators Ernst & Young revealed last month that they had shunned the Blues' offer, opting instead to name a Malaysian consortium as the preferred bidders.

And after a 28-day due diligence process, the consortium's bid has been rubber-stamped.

"Following a global marketing process that started in February 2012 and covered all major world wealth centres, a consortium comprising SP Setia, Sime Darby and the Employees' Pension Fund of Malaysia have exchanged contracts on the (Battersea) site for £400m," a statement from Ernst & Young read.

The consortium have planning consent to build 3,500 homes and 1.7 million square feet of office space. They also plan to build a tube station on the premises that will connect to the Northern Line.

Last year Chelsea failed in their bid to buy back the freehold of the 42,000-capacity Stamford Bridge from supporters group Chelsea Pitch Owners.

Can't wait to see Hazard play for us. When is our first actual friendly because I am sure I read/watched Di Matteo say we had something this Saturday? Is it a behind closed doors type of thing like Wycombe (I think) last year?

So the Daily Mirror is claiming on our website we are going to sign Moses in a deal up to £10million. I would be happy with buying Moses but would want to play a bit less for him. He did look good for Wigan last year and I am pretty sure I remember him looking good against us when we played them. Hopefully he will be one of those players who is even better when he has good players around him as well.

Well the good news is as we now have a permanent manager in RDM he will know how he want to use Moses if he buys him. Only thing is we originally made a bid for Moses when we did not even have a permanent manager which maybe means that Abramovich or someone else in that tier is sanctioning the transfer which I would not like the idea of. If we want Moses, I hope RDM wants to buy him because he can identify his talents. Regarding Moses, I have never seen a winger like him who has completely raped Sagna the way he did before

Well the good news is as we now have a permanent manager in RDM he will know how he want to use Moses if he buys him. Only thing is we originally made a bid for Moses when we did not even have a permanent manager which maybe means that Abramovich or someone else in that tier is sanctioning the transfer which I would not like the idea of. If we want Moses, I hope RDM wants to buy him because he can identify his talents. Regarding Moses, I have never seen a winger like him who has completely raped Sagna the way he did before

When was the last time a manager had a proper say in transfer matters anyway?

Really hoping I can get a Community Shield ticket now. Managed to get work off for it and never been to one before. Also hoping to get to the Reading and Newcastle games but then have September working weekends so will try get to CL games/League Cup to rack up some points and hopefully see some wins.

Archived