Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that was definitely worth sacking a club legend and universally liked manager in Di Matteo to bring in a fat Spanish waiter who no one likes, plays utter **** football and gets worse results than the previous manager.

And paying vast sums of cash in the process dont forget.

What did that kid say? I saw only "What the f**k ... ."

I believe the phrase was 'For ****s sake Torres'... and if it wasn't it should have been.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/anzhi-makhachkala-ready-to-give-chelsea-1468641

I really hope this happens. Sometimes I feel sorry for Torres but he doesn't seem interested in scoring. Took a bloody corner today ffs.

I have no sympathy for him, he took the money move to Chelsea despite knowing he wanted to leave the England. He deserves everything he gets, except his vast salary. Honestly Id pay Anshi to take him away at this point...

Appointing Avram Grant would be a joke.

Perhaps Romans new dream now hes won the CL is to destroy the club he funded as some sick joke.

What did that kid say? I saw only "What the f**k ... ."

I believe the phrase was 'For ****s sake Torres'... and if it wasn't it should have been.

The kid was expressing bewilderment at Moses being taken off when he'd been doing well up to that point.

You can also expect Torres to be kept on by Benitez unless he scores a brace and is on the brink of a hat trick. Then he'll be yanked off.

Did anyone see Red Nev's analysis of our game last night? basically saying Torres needs to change his game (correct) and we don't get enough (anyone apart from Ramires) running past the striker so it's all quite static and predictable. You have to wonder if anyone at the club sees all this, because if they have then they're doing a **** poor job of trying to fix it.

Jose's also mentioned in that CNN thing of his with Pedro Pinto that he'd want to work with Abramovich again.

I didn't see Neville's analysis but he's spot on. The only player making penetrative runs in midfield is Ramires, as the Hazard-Oscar-Mata combination seems to want to pass through defenses in the final 1/3 as well as all of them coming inside which creates less space for a killer pass to work hence why we suffered against City and Fulham as they were organised units that left little to no space down the middle and we didn't create any width which made their jobs easier (City had Barry and Yaya anchoring infront of the back 4 which successfully nullified Oscar and Fulham put two banks of 4 infront of our attacks which, for all our possession in that game, amounted to very little chances being created).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/10556749

Reacting to a television analysis of Torres' sluggish recent performances by former Manchester United defender Gary Neville, Benitez disagreed that the striker had lost the confidence of his team mates.

"The main thing is what you can see as a manager on the pitch and training sessions and he is doing well," Benitez told reporters at Chelsea's training ground.

"He scored a lot of goals in training today. He is a great player and if he is the right positions they will play with him and if he's not they won't.

"It's not just scoring goals. If you analyse the corners (against us) he was amazing, two or three times clearing the ball. He was helping the team defend.

"But as a striker you want him to score goals."

"It's harder for him (than when he played for Liverpool) because now teams drop off and he has less space," added Benitez. "But still we must create better chances for him.

"Torres is an important player but we need goals from other players too."

Absolutely embarrassing amount of **** being talked here. I dare anyone to go watch the Red Nev analysis from last night and tell me Mikel and Mata haven't lost confidence in him. He's not in the right positions ever because he's a lazy little ******* that makes no runs. The defending part is just comedy gold, get them both out of the ****ing club.

Absolutely embarrassing amount of **** being talked here. I dare anyone to go watch the Red Nev analysis from last night and tell me Mikel and Mata haven't lost confidence in him. He's not in the right positions ever because he's a lazy little ******* that makes no runs. The defending part is just comedy gold, get them both out of the ****ing club.

Well if you can't appreciate that he scored in training and headed 2 corners away then you are just beyond saving tbf. What more do you want from a striker? Let alone a 50m striker?

Torres has definitely lost the trust of the other players. I suspect Hazard is one of them. New at the club and already see Torres for the **** striker that he is :D

Archived