Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

Should give RdM until the end of the season atleast. Don't mind Rafa though, still think he's a very good manager, just hope we don't get idiots saying "give Torres another 6 months to see if Rafa can get him back", he's done, finished and we need a striker in Jan.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Least Benitez will get the best out of Torres. I doubt he will play Hazard, Mata and Oscar in same team though as he likes his sides to be more compact and hard to beat. Rumours at the moment nothing confirmed and would think he will wait at least until after group stages before taking any actions.

Strong rumours that Liverpool and Chelsea are negotiating a deal for Sturridge £15 million is the believed fee. I feel there are better players about for the fee but he is quick young and scores goals so hopefully if he does join he will do well for us.

I find it sad that a manager who around 20 games ago won the champions league along with an FA cup just days before could be getting sacked. Chelsea were flying until 3 weeks ago now a few bad results and it looks like a matter of time until he gets sacked.

I completely agree with you.

Let's all just go home till Roman gets his man Pep.Effectively treading water till then anyway.

What happens if he loses a few games? Do you keep him because he was great at Barcelona or do you judge him by what he has achieved at Chelsea and sack him because of a few bad results? Pep did great at Barcelona but lets not forget you had a manager who won the World Cup and another manager who won champions league with Milan both didn't last more than a season.

What happens if he loses a few games? Do you keep him because he was great at Barcelona or do you judge him by what he has achieved at Chelsea and sack him because of a few bad results? Pep did great at Barcelona but lets not forget you had a manager who won the World Cup and another manager who won champions league with Milan both didn't last more than a season.

I don't bloody know Tony. Ask our maverick owner.

Statement on the official site confirming Di Matteo's sacking. Absolutely ridiculous, we were top of the league only a few weeks ago and yes, our recent performances have been poor and we're almost certainly out of the CL, but that's down to deficiencies in the make-up of the team, not the manager. We'll be sacking a new man every November at this rate, although that's not too far from Abramovich's usual firing rate. I'm not saying RDM was perfect (the XI put out last night was a definite contributor to the loss), but he deserved at least until the end of the season to put his team together.

Ths is absolutely horrendous. Abramovich needs to **** right off. I can only imagine that he's got his man and that Guardiola is going to take over straight away - why the hell else would you sack RDM?

Highly doubt that the next manager will be Guardiola.

RDM appointment was similar to Dalglish. Owners didm't want him but fan pressure got them in but at least Dalglish got a season and able to bring in his own players. Abramovich has been great for you giving you 3 league titles I think, a few fa cups and a champions league and seeing players playing at the bridge that before you could only dream of. Unfortunately for you guys its his toy and he does what he likes.

Claudio Ranieri 2000-2004 finished behind Arsenal invincibles and guided Chelsea to semi-final CL sacked end of that season

Jose Mourinho 2004-2007 Despite 2 league titles he is sacked 3 years into his reign

Avram Grant 2007-2008 Despite spot kick away from winning the champions league

Scolari 2008-2009

Hiddink 2009-2009 Only came in as caretaker boss, decided wanted to remain at international football rather than club

Ancelotti 2009-2011 Despite being the first manager in Chelsea history to win the double is sacked following season for finishing 2nd in Premiership

Villas Boas 2011-2012

RDM 2012-2012 Despite winning FA cup and champions league he is sacked after around 40 games in charge

8 managers soon to be 9 in 8 years. If you was at a top club well paid and job secure would you leave to join Chelsea?

As much as Abramovich annoys me with his quick and rash decisions, where would we be without him?

Still don't agree the RDM decision though. I think we could have still challenged for the PL with him if we bought a striker in Jan and its not like a new manager can change the outcome of the CL as it isn't up to us. Won't be apply unless its Pep or another long term replacement as otherwise why sacked RDM? We weren't gonna come 6th again that's for sure.

I think the Premier League title is maybe there for a shot at for a change for Chelsea. Little short in recent seasons but done some super quick re-building, which gelled relatively quickly but it's Torres and this insistence on him that'll cost in the long run. If you had an actual proper striker I really think the title is there to be won this season. City are unbeaten but just not convinced or got anyone excited. United are gonna end up limping towards it with their weekly squad rotation, under-manned central midfield and great striking power :/

Seriously though, where the **** do we go from here? Benitez until Guardiola decides he fancies it? And then I guess Guardiola would be Roman's managerial Torres, stick with him even if it goes completely to ****? I still think sacking Carlo was Abramovic's biggest mistake but **** me does this run it close.

If Torres wasn't so **** I doubt RDM would have been sacked :(

Pretty much, but he continues to play David Luiz who is clownshoes. If RdM asked for a striker in the Summer then this is really harsh, if he thought Torres was the man then bloody hell.

Being favourite at Liverpool would be enough for me alone. But over the years it grew to more that that. I personally don't rate him as a manager either.
I can understand the Liverpool bit, but I'm not really sure what other than that he's done to deserve the dislike he's getting. His "fact" speech was awful, but I'd expect Man Utd fans to hate him for that, not Chelsea.

What I wouldn't understand is what would be the point of Benitez? If we haven't won the CL and they decided to go "all in" it would have some (tiny) sense. This way they would **** off numerous fans and for what? Bringing a guy that could win something we already won for a price of annoying a huge percentage of fanbase? Da ****?

Archived