Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also been linked with Schurrle. From what I have seen of him, he has impressed me. That goal against Barca, although not effecting the result was still a great goal and to even get in that Germany side at 21 is no mean feat. Would certainly cost less than Hulk and would probably have the potential to improve as a player more considering his age.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7842486/Ivanovic-urges-Modric-move just the news I was hoping for. Seems odd we are not rekindling out interest back in him as of yet after Spurs failed to reach the Champions League again. We could really do with his creativity and considering he his bound to leave Tottenham this time round, I support his move 100%. We lacked the creative skill last season

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7842486/Ivanovic-urges-Modric-move just the news I was hoping for. Seems odd we are not rekindling out interest back in him as of yet after Spurs failed to reach the Champions League again. We could really do with his creativity and considering he his bound to leave Tottenham this time round, I support his move 100%. We lacked the creative skill last season

He'll sign for Real. In fact I reckon it's already a done deal. 15 days ago Dinamo president( Modrić's friend and his son in Modrić's agent) said that he's so glad Luka is signing for the best club in the world, didn't want to say which one but stressed there's only one such club in his mind. And remembering what he said about Real when Dinamo played them, it's them.

He'll sign for Real. In fact I reckon it's already a done deal. 15 days ago Dinamo president( Modrić's friend and his son in Modrić's agent) said that he's so glad Luka is signing for the best club in the world, didn't want to say which one but stressed there's only one such club in his mind. And remembering what he said about Real when Dinamo played them, it's them.

They are favourites but nothing is confirmed. He is not a guaranteed starter there like he would be at us

They are favourites but nothing is confirmed. He is not a guaranteed starter there like he would be at us

Yeah he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter but he also wouldn't be playing at Real Madrid. There's no bigger club/prestige/fame than that in all honesty.

I really don't see the need for us to spend silly money on Modrić really.

Precisely, never been a big fan of his - he's good, but hardly a world beater. He was also in terrible form last year, and I'm sure no-one here needs reminding of what happened last time we spent ridiculous money on an out of form player.

When playing like at the Euros he is world class. But we don't need every world class player out there just because he is obtainable.

If Chelsea is planning on buying a Croat, buy Kovačić FFS. :D Would cost a pretty penny but as it looks he'll be a class above Modrić in a few years time.

Precisely, never been a big fan of his - he's good, but hardly a world beater. He was also in terrible form last year, and I'm sure no-one here needs reminding of what happened last time we spent ridiculous money on an out of form player.

Im not normally one to invade another team's thread but to say Modric was out of form last season is just stupid :D

If he joined chelsea he would out shine Mata and Hazard at a canter, he's that good. He doesnt score goals but the thought of the chances you'd create with him in your side scares me. Thankfully he's all but gone to Madrid :thup:

Guaranteed starter instead of whom? Lampard?

Most probably, Lampard is a Chelsea legend but he can't be a guaranteed starter anymore, more a rotation star to me. Modric would add so much quality to us. @Joe the man, Modric had a brillaint season last season and despite his transfer request being rejected he performed excellently. We are not getting him to score goals but a DLP liek him would really help the likes of Hazard, Mata and maybe Hulk?

I never thought Modric was in 'bad form' but it's all anyone said about him last season so I guessed there was something in it.

He was on the periphery of most Tottenham matches I watched, although to be fair, many of them were at the end of the season when Spuds were in a poor run of form. Still haven't seen anything from him to make him seem worth the figures being bandied about.

168802_336093033131560_1189657985_n.jpg

Thats Hulk if you haven't figured it out

Tbf, it was a signing session in Brazil and he was signing all sorts of shirts.

[/clutching at straws]

EDIT -

Branislav Ivanović has urged Luka Modrić to join Chelsea, claiming the Croatia playmaker would fit perfectly into Roberto Di Matteo’s plans.

The Spurs midfielder has been heavily linked with a move away from White Hart Lane in recent months, speculation which has intensified following Harry Redknapp’s sacking.

The 26-year-old has most recently been linked with a move to La Liga champions Real Madrid, but Chelsea are still understood to be interested in tempting him across London after failing in their bid to sign him last summer.

And Blues defender Ivanović claims Modrić’s “exceptional quality” means he would be an instant success should he seal a move to Stamford Bridge.

“I don’t know much about it other than what I read in the media,” Ivanović told Croatian newspaper Sportske Novosti.

“I know there was interest in the transfer window before. Chelsea as a team have needed a player with these qualities.

“He would fit in quickly and strengthen the squad. He has been in England a long time and knows about the way football is played on the island and the mentality of the players.

“He has exceptional quality, and moving to a bigger club is necessary for him to take the next step in his career. I think at Chelsea he would adapt instantly and become a better player. He should come to Chelsea – it won’t go wrong!”

Bane :cool:

I wonder if now is a good time to give McEachran a chance, not chuck him in and start games, but between him and Lampard it might be good. This season we won't have a manager destroying everyone's confidence, one who has chucked in some youngsters before (Bertrand) and we have waaaaaaaaay more creativity in the side with the likes of Hazard and Hulk (when he joins) so there won't be as much importance for him to create and he can sit back and just do what he does best, keep the ball and pass it about. The team is also way more solid now compared to AvB's team.

This will not likely happen and he'll probably go on loan but it would be nice if it did. It's good that there's a bit of freshness in this club now, even with AvB it was the same players who have been here for ages and it was getting a bit stale, quite a few younger playres have signed now and a couple coming through, some of the older more useless guys have gone as well, it's so much brighter looking at Chelsea now compared to a year ago.

What's going on with Battersea now? I remember reading you're not favourites to buy it, some Malaysian syndicate is but judging from the companies involved they're 'proper' companies. I am still seeing 'plans' so does this mean you're still moving just won't own it and if so, surely that's not all that great for you? Or are they expecting you to buy Battersea from them once developed (or was that the plan all along?)

• Administrators
What's going on with Battersea now? I remember reading you're not favourites to buy it, some Malaysian syndicate is but judging from the companies involved they're 'proper' companies. I am still seeing 'plans' so does this mean you're still moving just won't own it and if so, surely that's not all that great for you? Or are they expecting you to buy Battersea from them once developed (or was that the plan all along?)

The winning bidders are currently in a period of due diligence to ensure that their plans are practical for the site. More will be known at the end of that, including whether Chelsea intend to try and convince them to join their stadium bid, as rumoured.

The winning bidders are currently in a period of due diligence to ensure that their plans are practical for the site. More will be known at the end of that, including whether Chelsea intend to try and convince them to join their stadium bid, as rumoured.

So some sort of agreement where we will build our stadium but allow the Malaysians to build some houses/flats there as well?

Well hopefully we can do something as I am sure we could make the Battersea site look brilliant. If we don't then I suppose we need to finally exhaust all options with Stamford Bridge and then look at other sites.

My only experience with him was a bust for Lille in FM, so bah humbug.

Also, has Mata played at all for Spain? Don't recall seeing him mentioned anywhere. Granted I've only watched Spain for about 2 games total, here and there.

Archived