Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

I would have thought that as well. Tbh I would have liked to have seen Lukaku stay and be Torres' pretty much direct backup. Could have got quite a bit of playing time if he showed some form and would have, at the least got a load of sub appearances. But he's doing well at West Brom and that will be good for us. Still only 19 isn't he? So he's got plenty of time to develop.

Excited for the game tomorrow night. Would love to win it for the 2nd time (this time though we have won the CL). Same goes for the Club World Championship, would love to win that and tbh can't wait to play it in FM :D

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen a rumour we are in for Loic Remy as well as Spurs. Doubt it's true though, although he would be a good signing. Said something in the article about we want someone who can play off Torres or instead of him for whatever reason. The only thing is I don't know what team we would play that could accommodate 2 strikers.

Also any ideas on the team for tomorrow? I am hoping to see Oscar start tbh, along with Mose and Azpilcueta although I doubt he will start them all.

Not as easy as I would have liked but not the hardest group we could have had in the end. Although it's pretty close to being. United and Arsenal with easy groups. I think the two Juve games will be tough, as will be the Shakhtar games. Still if we keep improving like we have been then I expect us to win that group tbh.

Home games will be vital, 9 points at home and a win away to Nordsjaelland should see us comfortably through.

I agree, I am sure I saw somewhere that we have Juventus at home 1st on 19th September but not too sure that was true. I think we have enough to beat all 3 teams at home and Nordsjaelland away but it's the other two away where we need to come up with good performances to get the wins. Confident we can get through though.

Seeing a few more bits in the gossip columns about us loaning out Sturridge and getting in Schurrle today. Doubt it will happen but still gonna put SSN on all today and have a gander.

Who knows but I am sure if he get's his chance and proves himself then he will be used. If he could get 20+games of Championship level under his belt at his age then it could work wonders for him. Providing he plays well. I'm not saying that would make him ready to start next year but if he impresses at Watford then maybe a year loan at a PL club could pave his way for a backup/rotation or even first team challenge by the 2014/15 season.

Saying that though Phil and Bridgekings have probably seen much more of him than I have so will know a lot better where he is at. I really hope we start investing some playing time in these youth players especially seeing as we have seen us want to improve up front when we let Borini go. We really need to make sure that players like Lukaku, McEachran and Chalobah get every chance they can to break into the first team.

Bit surprised to see Hazard going out on loan, thought the whole reason we bought him was to please his brother and help him settle in. Assuming he's not on massive wages, not sure what we have to gain from the move.

Maybe they think he will be a good player in the future but he is currently too good for the unders and not quite good enough to play for the first team? As for our deadline day, I would presume Sturridge in the squad means it's unlikely he will be leaving? Unless loans don't need players to be there? Apparently talks broke down with Schurrle but we are now in for Remy. Who knows what is true and what isn't.

Liking the team selection but I want to see Oscar start a game. Failing that I would like to see him for a good 30mins and would like to see Moses get on as well.

Maybe they think he will be a good player in the future but he is currently too good for the unders and not quite good enough to play for the first team? As for our deadline day, I would presume Sturridge in the squad means it's unlikely he will be leaving? Unless loans don't need players to be there? Apparently talks broke down with Schurrle but we are now in for Remy. Who knows what is true and what isn't.

Liking the team selection but I want to see Oscar start a game. Failing that I would like to see him for a good 30mins and would like to see Moses get on as well.

If we thought he had potential I'd assume he'd go to a stronger league than the Belgian, though the only reason I can think of is we do think he has potential maybe and want to ease him in slowly, he is still very young.

Yeah maybe but tbf Zulte Wargerem have had a decent start to the season in Belgium, even though it's only been a few games. Saying that though maybe trying to find him a loan to a Championship or League One club would have been better. Oh well.

Also hasn't been mentioned in here yet (I think) but congrats to Roman who won his court case today.

It is irritating that this team can draw away to Levante and then do this to us. Although apart from a couple of moments from Adrian and Turan, Falcao has pretty much done it on his own. Would have loved him not to be against us tonight.

It is irritating that this team can draw away to Levante and then do this to us. Although apart from a couple of moments from Adrian and Turan, Falcao has pretty much done it on his own. Would have loved him not to be against us tonight.

That's because Levante are actually very good at defending.

Well they must defend better than us if they managed to get a 1-1 draw.

Well for a start they sat back so we couldn't hit them on the break, Atletico always struggle more against small teams than big teams.

Archived