Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bertrand was indeed brilliant, moving him to the left wing was a great decision by Di Matteo (although I expect he'll be back at LB eventually) as his natural habits seem to be offensive, even though he's got very solid defensive capabilities too.

As for the game, second half not so good, but we never particularly looked like losing despite Newcastle getting a few decent chances. Good to get a win and a clean sheet against a strong side, if we can just keep our performances consistent for the full ninety minutes, we'll be sorted for a strong push to reclaim the PL title.

My judgement is no longer reserved, I'm in love. <3

That ship sailed for me after the last 2 games, he really has been brilliant, I hope he keeps it up and gets even better.

Tbf the only thing I felt didn't go right for Torres yesterday apart from a few silly passes and touches is he seems to like to pass when a real shooting opportunity arises. 2 or 3 times yesterday he had a clear chance and he didn't have a shot. He found his pass but he could have worked the goalkeeper at least. Great from him and Hazard for that 2nd goal though. So glad we won as went for '1 drink' on Friday night with a mate which turned into a full blown night out causing me to miss the bus to London and have to fork out for a train. Couldn't have handled losing that game on top of that.

What did we supposedly bid for Willian which was rejected? £26million? I doubt we would have gone that high but Spurs must be taking the **** thinking that Shakhtar would sell one of their best players for less than they paid for him.

ATTENTION :)

The very visible sticky doesn't seem to be enough so here's a little head's up for anyone and everyone when it comes to illegal streams:

Asking for streams:

1st offence - A week long ban

2nd offence - A two week ban

Providing streams:

Please note that these bans assume a clean infraction history. If you've already had a week long ban when you receive an infraction for this then you'll automatically be bumped up to the next ban which is two weeks.

Any mention of watching an illegal stream of a match will result in a 10 point infraction. There is no need to mention watching a stream and it has lead to other users being banned for asking for links to streams.

And, as there seems to be a need to state this, ignorance of these rules is not an excuse for breaking them.

ATTENTION :)

The very visible sticky doesn't seem to be enough so here's a little head's up for anyone and everyone when it comes to illegal streams:

Asking for streams:

Providing streams:

Please note that these bans assume a clean infraction history. If you've already had a week long ban when you receive an infraction for this then you'll automatically be bumped up to the next ban which is two weeks.

Any mention of watching an illegal stream of a match will result in a 10 point infraction. There is no need to mention watching a stream and it has lead to other users being banned for asking for links to streams.

And, as there seems to be a need to state this, ignorance of these rules is not an excuse for breaking them.

Do you know a website where I can stream the Atletico Madrid v Bilbao match tonight?

:D

• Administrators
the nextgen game, is it "behind closed doors" like a standard U18 league game (ie you can go) or actually prohibited?

what a farce having it at cobham

Seemingly prohibited, which is crap. I can get accreditation through NextGen themselves but tomorrow's not good for me. :(

Managed to book a Norwich ticket. Got on there at 7am exactly and it didn't show up for a while so I was worried I got up for nothing. Luckily it then appeared and got a decent seat up in MHU which I think is my favourite place to sit. Shed Upper was good as well so might alternate between the two.

So are we going to make a move for Schurrle again. Can only think that will happen if Sturridge goes. Otherwise he really wouldn't get much look in with all the players we would have. Haven't seen a lot of Schurrle (other than youtube clips) but his goal for Leverkusen against Barca was great even though they were already 5-0 down or whatever it was.

Are the youth player wages in Football Manager really accurate? Started a new game as Chelsea and tried to release a few youths and was seeing some pretty extortionate release fees. One particular player, George Saville, who apparently has the potential to play no higher than League 2 (and even that's debatable looking at his stats) was on a 4 year £5K pw contract and it would cost me £1 million to release him. Couple of other average looking prospects are on 10k pw too.

Excited for FM this year. I tend to buy them every other year, so I'm still on 11 atm. Can't wait to try and bring through a selection of the youth players we've got.

I assume the removing and adding leagues is still an option? My laptop doesn't run too quickly if I load everything I want :(

Excited for FM this year. I tend to buy them every other year, so I'm still on 11 atm. Can't wait to try and bring through a selection of the youth players we've got.

I assume the removing and adding leagues is still an option? My laptop doesn't run too quickly if I load everything I want :(

Adding and removing leagues slows your computer down a lot more than it would if you just added the leagues from the start, I think. I wouldn't bother with that feature too much, mate.

Well that's a bit silly!

Do people think we'll make any other signings, or are we done? Not sure we desperately need anything tbh, although we could sell a couple and probably not notice. A back up to Torres could be nice, but I'd rather trust in Sturridge or Mata (swear he played there for Valencia at times?) to move up as the AM positions are well enough stocked to cover.

Do people think we'll make any other signings, or are we done? Not sure we desperately need anything tbh, although we could sell a couple and probably not notice. A back up to Torres could be nice, but I'd rather trust in Sturridge or Mata (swear he played there for Valencia at times?) to move up as the AM positions are well enough stocked to cover.

You would think they figure they're covered at striker, or they wouldn't have loaned out Lukaku.

Think, of course. Wouldn't be the first time Chelsea pulls one out of nowhere.

Archived