Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I don't understand is, why is De Bruyne being shipped out on loan, yet Malouda seems to be staying? Get rid of that useless French **** and keep De Bruyne, FFS.
Oh Mikel, you really are one of the worst footballers the world's ever seen. :(
Chelsea playing with 10 men almost every game then. Should be an exciting handicap to watch. :thup:
Cool article, but he's still *****.
Cech is one of the dodgiest goalkeepers I've ever seen. One day, he's absolutely brilliant and then the next, he's having another howler. Unfortunately, over the last couple of years, I've seen him have more howlers than amazing games. :(
Surprise, surprise, but I'm not seeing it with Moses. Definitely not worth the money that's been spent, that's for sure.
He was shocking. One of the worst defenders I've ever seen, seriously.

Muller so negative. :thup:

We've officially signed Cesar Azpilicueta (fee reportedly £6.5m plus bonuses) and Victor Moses (£9m unconfirmed). Bit disappointed to see Adam Johnson go to Sunderland as personally I'd rather have him than Moses, but Azpilicueta's all good news. If the fees are correct, solid business getting them for under £10m each.

And if we're talking old defenders, I'm saying Emerson Thome. Only with us for six months, but fecking immense alongside Desailly against Barca when we won 3-1 at Stamford Bridge. That night was one of my favourite ever games as a Chelsea fan: still remember the elation when Zola curled in his free kick, then Flo added two more before half-time.

That game against barca has to be one of my all time favourite games too... The Zola free kick was a peach!

I'm think 2-1 win. Hazard and Mata.

The real question though is how many assists will Hazard get? Would be brilliant if he won another penalty.

Shocking start for the day for me. Had a mate come to stay and one drink out turned into a whole night out. Missed the bus and I now have to pay for the train. This game will be hard but if we can tighten up at the back I think we have enough quality to create the chances to score up front.

And if we're talking old defenders, I'm saying Emerson Thome. Only with us for six months, but fecking immense alongside Desailly against Barca when we won 3-1 at Stamford Bridge. That night was one of my favourite ever games as a Chelsea fan: still remember the elation when Zola curled in his free kick, then Flo added two more before half-time.

Was he really only with us for 6 months? Was sure it was at least a season. Sad to hear Hogh had a stroke. Still probably better then Big Frank though.

Chelsea are expected to line up in the following 4-2-3-1 formation:

1 Petr Cech ©

2 Branislav Ivanovic

24 Gary Cahill

4 David Luiz

3 Ashley Cole

12 John Mikel Obi

16 Raul Meireles

10 Juan Mata

17 Eden Hazard

34 Ryan Bertrand

9 Fernando Torres

Substitutes: 22 Ross Turnbull, 5 Michael Essien, 6 Oriol Romeu, 7 Ramires, 8 Frank Lampard, 11 Oscar, 23 Daniel Sturridge.

Risky playing Raul instead of Lampard? He is worse in tackling than Lampard :D

Is there a chance your game could be called off tonight because of a waterlogged pitch??

BBC Football said the game's likely to go ahead and the keepers are out to warm up.

Today's team: Cech - Ivanovic, David Luiz, Cahill, A Cole - Mikel, Meireles - Hazard, Mata, Bertrand - Torres

SUBS: Turnbull, Romeu, Essien, Ramires, Lampard, Oscar, Sturridge

Very strange team IMO. Can understand wanting to rest players, but am surprised not to see Mata given a breather instead of Lampard, and maybe Sturridge in the team. Bertrand is an intelligent pick towards neutralising Ben Arfa, though.

That's the best half of football (i.e actually playing with the ball instead of defending it) I have seen us play in a long long time. Dare I say we are better with a more mobile Meireles instead of Lampard?
My old man, who's a Liverpool fan, said the exact same thing (ie. It's the most fluid and exciting we've looked in a long while). Fantastic half that, more of the same please :thup:

Very happy with the team right now. No Terry or Lampard today. Got most of things right in defense with Bertrand looking better and better each game. Full credit to Mata who is a bit sidelined with Hazard getting all the assists and goal but he is just as important as he is usually behind him and doesn't go as forward as Hazard. Brana is a BEAST! Cahill and Luiz our future defensive partnership?? Hopefully Torres can keep using his flashes of brilliance to score. And to think about the depth we have which even City can't match in quality!

Archived