Sports Interactive Community
Philip Rolfe

Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Wouldn't swap Cech for any other goalkeeper either. Name a goalkeeper who doesn't make mistakes, people just hype Cech's up more because he's one of the best in the world.

Fairly cheap and can be 3rd choice forward as well as what he offers out wide. Nice to have someone a bit more physical as an option as well. More than happy with the signing all in all.

Fairly cheap and can be 3rd choice forward as well as what he offers out wide. Nice to have someone a bit more physical as an option as well. More than happy with the signing all in all.

Moses ? Physical ? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm happy with the Moses deal if it all goes ahead. He is a player who can fill in on the right wing/left wing and possibly up front but wouldn't be a physical option :D He is also homegrown as well which will help for CL purposes.

If we also get a right back in then our squad will be pretty much complete. The only problem will be if Torres doesn't score regularly. It's going to be strange being Chelsea on FM this year and not having to buy too many players when I start off. Although I can't wait to play it (and FIFA) with all our new signings. Should be very very fun indeed.

He's worth the money if we can finally get rid of Malouda.

I'm happy with the Moses deal if it all goes ahead. He is a player who can fill in on the right wing/left wing and possibly up front but wouldn't be a physical option :D He is also homegrown as well which will help for CL purposes.

If we also get a right back in then our squad will be pretty much complete. The only problem will be if Torres doesn't score regularly. It's going to be strange being Chelsea on FM this year and not having to buy too many players when I start off. Although I can't wait to play it (and FIFA) with all our new signings. Should be very very fun indeed.

Same, never looked forward to a games edition with Chelsea this much. Even with the youth etc

Same, never looked forward to a games edition with Chelsea this much. Even with the youth etc

The fact that they won the Champions League kind of ruins it for me though as I always liked being the first person to bring them European success. :(

The fact that they won the Champions League kind of ruins it for me though as I always liked being the first person to bring them European success. :(

Make history by winning it 2nd season in a row :D:thup:

Moses is a decent enough signing for squad depth, useful to bring on against tiring opponents.

I'm wondering why we haven't gone in for Sinclair as it appears City think they could get him for £5million which I doubt would be accepted. Something between £8-10million might though. Maybe he wouldn't want to come back here but I am still happy if we get Moses.

totally gutted I missed the end of season run-in on here. not that any of you ****ers noticed I was gone. **** you all. anyway, I'll never forget the 2012 season :*) think my missus has some prettty embarrassing video of me acting like a mentalist when ramires chipped in / drogba slotted home.

just read through the thread so far. thought I'd bring up this beauty:

With the amount of new transfers brought in, i expected much better results too.

I find Hazard quite disappointing so far though :/

last season I used to have a cheeky bet on ivanovic scoring as he's always @8/9/10 but I've been away on holiday for the first two games /o\

I've got some pretty cool footage of the oscar freekick at OT from the olympics which I should probably share with you all.

moses is alright, but £10m? slightly different player but would rather have had adam johnson for £8m... but at least we didn't go for jarvis for £11m.

can anyone clear this up for me: did bosingwa deliberately run down his contract? or did we let him go?

What would people's impressions be of £30million for David Luiz? Obviously I think he's a great player and has the potential to be even better. Also as a person he's brilliant. But he does have those moments when he looks really really worrying. £30million is a lot of money and we would have made a profit on selling him. I doubt the rumours are true though and I am 100% happy to keep him. On his day he can take on pretty much any opposition.

£30m would pretty much buy any CB in the world. It's a bit late in the window to be thinking about selling him now though.

David Luiz and Gary Cahill will be our centreback partnership in the future, IMO and I wouldn't want to sell either of them, especially David.

Spanish defender Cesar Azpilicueta has completed his move from Marseille to Chelsea, the French club have confirmed.

Done. Team complete now. Moses just an extra unless Malouda is leaving.

Just read the news article on their site. Official indeed :) Good business again I'd say :)

What would people's impressions be of £30million for David Luiz? Obviously I think he's a great player and has the potential to be even better. Also as a person he's brilliant. But he does have those moments when he looks really really worrying. £30million is a lot of money and we would have made a profit on selling him. I doubt the rumours are true though and I am 100% happy to keep him. On his day he can take on pretty much any opposition.
I'd take £30m for Luiz (provided he doesn't move to a team within the league). Don't think we should sell him but if we did, we could get a better CB for that money

Yes buddy.

I like Luiz but he still frustrates. Though he was excellent for large parts at the end of last season so I think my short term memory is dominating as he's had a shaky start.

If we kept him i'd be good with that, if we re-invested it well i'd be good with that too.

Not considering inflation, £30million would make him the most expensive ever defender I think.

I think this is moot anyway. Barca won't be stumping up that.

Not considering inflation, £30million would make him the most expensive ever defender I think.

I think this is moot anyway. Barca won't be stumping up that.

didn't rio ferdinand cost more?

I had a cursory glance and the first result said £29m, I didn't look any further.

from his wiki

The fee included a basic element in the high £20 millions, and some conditional elements, which allowed Leeds to tell their fans that they were selling him for over £30 million. Leeds United later took a single payment in place of all the contingent elements when they were desperate for cash during their financial crisis. The final book value of Ferdinand's contract in Manchester United's accounts was £34 million.[18] This included agents' fees, with Leeds receiving just under £30 million.

tough call, but I'd say agent fees are part of the fee

Thiago Silva

How'd he get on in his first season with his new club? Think it was HSV?

He was shocking. One of the worst defenders I've ever seen, seriously.