Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see why we sent McEachran into the Championship. The playing time will obviously be good, but he's already shown himself far above that level. Treading water IMO, surely one of the newly promoted sides in the Prem would have taken him.

Don't see why we sent McEachran into the Championship. The playing time will obviously be good, but he's already shown himself far above that level. Treading water IMO, surely one of the newly promoted sides in the Prem would have taken him.

Surely after the Swansea experience last season they wanted somewhere that he would be guaranteed games, which he didn't get at a newly promoted club last year. Think it's a good move for him, really looking forward to watching him getting some regular games.

Surely after the Swansea experience last season they wanted somewhere that he would be guaranteed games, which he didn't get at a newly promoted club last year. Think it's a good move for him, really looking forward to watching him getting some regular games.

I suppose so, just don't see how much good it will really do him to be playing beneath his level. Surely being challenged and forced to learn from his mistakes is just as important as the playing experience? Not saying the Championship is terrible, but he's definitely got the talent to be playing at the top level.

Do people think that's his weakness? For me his weakness is he doesn't protect the back 4. Too many times you see midfielders run at the defence and in the space between the players without being picked up at all and Mikel is stood on his own 10 yards infront of Terry not really doing anything. I think it's the main reason we look so dodgy defensively.

Ivanovic was often left 1v1 because hazard/mata (whoever is on that side) aren't exactly the best at getting back and helping him, definitely a concern when Ramires is out. Obviously the left side was better covered with Bertrand there.

Ivanovic was often left 1v1 because hazard/mata (whoever is on that side) aren't exactly the best at getting back and helping him, definitely a concern when Ramires is out. Obviously the left side was better covered with Bertrand there.

tbf to Mata, he does try to get back more often than not

Haven't had the internet for nearly and week, didn't realise how much I would miss it.

Good game on Sunday although I wasn't happy with how we let our performance drop after the goals. Saying that though Hazard looked great and it was good to see Oscar come on and he did well when he did. Looking forward to tomorrow as it will be my first PL game this season and then again on Saturday for Newcastle at home.

Thank god for that. I do think we should have done this last year. Loaned him out for a full season to a championship club. That way if he really is a lot better than that level then he could either have played a bigger part for us this season or another PL club would have been interested in taking him. Glad him and Lukaku have gone places where it looks like they will get games though.

Maybe not regularly but he did bring him on in his first game against Liverpool, I know they were down to 10 men but still. I think if he keeps playing well off the bench then Steve Clarke may start him. McEachran starts with a win at Boro as well :thup:

Archived