Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really hope he has a good season there. If he has a solid season in the Bundesliga then surely he would be at least a squad player for us next year?

Can't wait for the game Sunday. Pre-season hasn't been great but hopefully this game will bring better out of the players than the last. Sky sports has our possible 11 as Cech - Brana - Cahill - Terry - Cole - Ramires - Lampard - Mikel - Hazard - Meireles - Torres. Tbf apart from Hazard that is exactly the same team as we could have had last year. Just wish we had Mata and Oscar to put into that team as well. Will be interesting to see how Torres starts the season and I reckon if he hasn't hit the back of the net in the first 2 or 3 games then we may bring in a big name striker (if we don't already). I personally would put Marin in for Meirelels. Although he can be a bit selfish he could offer us some width and unpredictability up front and on the wing.

Yeah that does seem strange. Malouda hasn't been great since the start of the season before last and only shows sporadic good appearances. I would rather have kept De Bruyne but then tbf if he got the same amount of playing time Malouda will get that might not be much either. I am happy with him at Bremen. He showed he was good in Belgium and now he needs to prove it in a bigger league and if he does it in Germany then he could do it for next season. Shame we didn't do this with Lukaku last season. Although wasn't it for him because he already played for Anderlecht in that season?

I guess we want De Bryune to play every week and he wouldn't with us. Playing in Germany is a step-up from Belgium and hopefully he can be integrated into the Chelsea side in a year or two.

Also is Malouda not on high wages and we haven't been able to ship him out, when is his contract up?

Haven't rated him personally since his arrival from Leeds but can't say i've seen much the last few seasons whilst he's been away on loan. He's had mixed reviews in that period.

Did well up in Scotland but Chelsea felt it hard to gauge the quality of the league so sent him into the Championship where i'd say he's been less successful.

• Administrators

He's not played much in the Championship mind. I think he's a solid enough pro who is better going forward than defending, but was often exposed at Kilmarnock by not having a winger ahead of him, so it depends on your formation and left winger as to how you'll perceive him.

So, Lukaku to West Brom. Think it's a good move for him, hope he gets some decent game time and we can have a proper look at him as a Premier League player. But it does mean that we'll surely be signing someone up front now, should be interesting to see who, and how Torres and Sturridge deal with a new addition.

With Peter Odemwingie, Shane Long and Markus Rosenberg already at the Hawthorns, the Belgian youngster will not be guaranteed first-team action, but will look to force his way into the plans of former Chelsea assistant Steve Clarke.

Does he have any chance to be a regular or play good amount of games??

I don't know why, but I've a feeling we'll sign RvP :D

That's a funny feeling to have. I doubt that will happen, and I'm not sure I want it to. I still get the feeling half of what he did last season was likely due to form and won't be reproduced.

Hope Oscar won't be too affected by that last minute miss v Mexico. :(

That's a funny feeling to have. I doubt that will happen, and I'm not sure I want it to. I still get the feeling half of what he did last season was likely due to form and won't be reproduced.

Hope Oscar won't be too affected by that last minute miss v Mexico. :(

I'm sure Oscar will be fine. It will just be another experience for him and he is only 20. I would very much doubt that miss would worry him too much. Can't wait to see him in the side.

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Ramires, Mata, Hazard, Torres

Subs: Turnbull, Cahill, Bertrand, Meireles, Piazon, Sturridge.

Man City: Pantilimon, Savic, Kolarov, Kompany, Zabaleta, Milner, Yaya Toure, De Jong, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero

good first half, terrible 15-20 minutes in the 2nd half where players lost their heads, decent end. Wish it was 11v11 so we could properly see the players, ended up being a waste of time instead. Mikel was pretty bad, think he'll be our weak link this season.

Defending was pretty bad in places, really need to sort that out ASAP, assuming a new right back will now be even more of a priority. Not too disappointed though, could've been a lot worse, thought Ivanovic was right to go and we could've had even more sent off, thought Savic was very lucky, and no idea how Lampard was booked for that tackle. Hazard showed some very promising stuff, some great link up with Mata which will be great to see when Mata's fully fit again. Mikel had a shocker, but thought Lampard was ok in the deeper role, made some good challenges early on but then had to stop after the stupid booking.

Poor defending really. But liked the attack. I thought Hazard was good with the ball. So quick with the ball. Mata and him should always start. Mikel was poor, Lampard and Ramires were ok. Torres scored great goal and at the start of 2nd half you could he see he had the confidence to take on the defense alone.

How the Savic foul was given as a foul by Torres is a mystery to me :D

Haha ya. If that would have been given wouldn't have lead to Iva's red.

Definitely need Oscar in the middle. Maybe inplace of Lampard or Mikel. Ramires should keep playing as he does good team play though not really great as RW. But needs to play there if he has to keep starting.

Oscar-Mata-Hazard-Rami behind Torres should be the first team.

But the real problem is defense. Today's match showed we are making the exact same mistakes as last season and i wonder how our defense has changed from one of the best to not at all convincing.

Archived