Sports Interactive Community
Philip Rolfe

Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Mou just reminds me of a cow.

I can't see Torres/ Ba leaving so it'll probably be Torres/ Ba/ Lukaku next season. Wonder if we'll line up with 2 strikers next season.

Castles who us very close to the Mourinho camp says he'll consider selling Mata, Luiz and Torres to fund moves for a striker, holding mid and centre half. Only cole, cech, hazard, lampard and Oscar are certainties to play. May add t hazard to deal for matic. The rest of the times article is sycophantic.

Can't be selling Mata, that would be unforgivable. The other two can go though.

At least we're getting Alonso!*

*(Probably not but the Sunday Telegraph are running with the story this morning and have gotten my hopes up)

I sort of see it that Castles at one point did have good sources but they've gone and he's now living off a past reputation.

If we got good money for Luiz and reinvested some if it in a CB then fair enough, wouldn't have strong feelings either way really. Providing the replacement was good ofc. Mangala seems the replacement in mind but I don't know anything about him.

At least we wouldn't see him in CM any more.

Not sure about that haven't seen him particularly miss on a mourinho story. He seems to be a bit of a mouthpiece for him. Which comes with its drawbacks in terms of perceived accuracy

Anyone that believes the Mata stuff is a mug. It started off as a Marca story.

Castles who us very close to the Mourinho camp says he'll consider selling Mata, Luiz and Torres to fund moves for a striker, holding mid and centre half. Only cole, cech, hazard, lampard and Oscar are certainties to play. May add t hazard to deal for matic. The rest of the times article is sycophantic.

He said that we would "even be prepared to listen to offers for Mata", so not exactly that we're looking to sell him really, just that if the right money came in we might accept it. Tbh, can't really see who needs him anyway? Great player that he is, it's not a position that Real or Barca need to strengthen, can't see him going to Italy or France really as they just don't seem to suit him to me, maybe Bayern I guess? Still, really can't see us selling him, whether Jose wants to or not Roman and his advisors would almost certainly not allow it.

it's not happening. that story is about 4/5 stories from various places over the last week cobbled together in one.

Yeah, I agree with jmr, Bracken and bridgekings, seems to all be coming from Marca who seem to want to destroy Mourinho as anti-Spanish (was the article not sell Mata, sell Torres, drop Azpi?) and 'sabotage' him - but more importantly there's no way in hell Roman or Emenalo would sign off on it.

Noises from Omeruo's representatives that he'll be a feature of the squad next season which is great news.

"It is now 95% certain that Kenneth will finally team up with Chelsea for the coming season. Mourinho has said he wants to work with Kenneth after watching him at the recent Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa,

He watched him against Didier Drogba at the Nations Cup and he said he liked what he saw.

He will therefore not be heading back to Dutch club ADO Den Haag, where he spent the last one and half seasons on loan."

Oh, and we've been linked with KPB.

Lukaku has confirmed he is staying at chelsea next season. Mou is bringing everyone back it seems.

De Bruyne allegedly not being loaned out either

Courtois will go back to Atletico Madrid for one more season on loan though so not all players returning *wink*

"Mou" your pet peeve?

not a peeve as such I've never seen it used until recently, it's just rubbish. "Mourinho" or "Jose" are fine. even "JM" at a push.

Iniesta says Mourinho 'damaged and harmed' Spanish football

I like that he starts it off by saying "You just have to look at the facts". Clearly been taking lessons from Rafa there. Just a bit of bollocks but thought people might find it interesting.

Also, Bobby Tambling named manager of Crosshaven AFC again. Great news that his health has improved enough for him to get back in the game.

Xavi came out with some stuff too about how the rich clubs, like Chelsea and City, lack flair (or something to that effect).

Mourinho, Chelsea and Manchester City were all criticised yesterday by Barcelona’s Xavi over a lack of flair. He said: “It can’t be that a rich and powerful club plays a final of the Champions League like Chelsea did or like Manchester City have played this season or the way Mourinho’s Real played."

Easy to say when you're pumped full of drugs all season long.

Yeah I think 'Mou' was a Spanish thing wasn't it? Certainly hadn't heard it before he went to Real. Anyhow it's ****.

yes, recently. I can confirm I was not an avid reader of Spanish newspapers at the time that was published.

Orgasmou is an Inter coinage Chelsea should readily embrace :thup:

I like this :thup:

I really don't like people calling him Mou either. It just sounds stupid. Will be interested to see who we do actually end up buying/selling this summer. The Mata stuff has to be just stupid rumours and as I said before we can't surely be thinking about getting rid of our best player for the last two seasons. Should be able to watch the press conference tomorrow which I am excited about.

I really wish Mourinho would just let De Bruyne go out on loan again next season. He'll obviously not be a starter for Chelsea, if you look at who's already at the club and the number and type of players they are linked with at the moment. Would be disastrous for Belgium to have both Lukaku and De Bruyne on the bench more than not next season.

agreed

then again if he wants him to stay means he's counting on them?

worse case scenario they will be loaned out later in the season, either in winter-mercato or earlier when domestic (think the loan conditions are easier for domestic, month/month basis)

As I think I've mentioned a coupla times, Lazar Markovic is ours. Partizan's chairman has basically let the cat out of the bag early but he's going to Benfica on loan.

I really wish Mourinho would just let De Bruyne go out on loan again next season. He'll obviously not be a starter for Chelsea, if you look at who's already at the club and the number and type of players they are linked with at the moment. Would be disastrous for Belgium to have both Lukaku and De Bruyne on the bench more than not next season.

He'll win his place soon enough, he's already better than what they have in central midfield.

I'm more worried about Lukaku not getting enough minutes, but Mourinho seems to believe in him. Benteke will most likely be our main striker at the WC though, so it's more important he plays often than Lukaku.

He'll win his place soon enough, he's already better than what they have in central midfield. I'm more worried about Lukaku not getting enough minutes, but Mourinho seems to believe in him.

Not so sure. Chelsea seem to be after another DM, who'll probably play next to Lampard? Not sure he'll oust one of those. He's not a holding midfielder anyway.

I'm desperate for De Bruyne to be here next season, he's so good. Saw some hints this morning that Mourinho has preliminarily said he can't guarantee him a regular start (mind, that might have been Dortmund-biased quotage so as to get leverage on him) but even then he's clearly capable of playing 50+ times next season because he's so versatile and capable in various midfield roles. Plus we don't exactly know what formation JM is gonna run with...

What formation do people want him to play? I wouldn't mind going back to 433, but I'd be worried about Mata and reducing his effectiveness.

I haven't thought about it in too much detail, but off the top of my head I imagine it would suit our squad quite well.

With the squad we now have I really can't look past a 4-2-3-1.

If Mou wants to use someone similar to Drogba then Lukaku and Ba can already fill some its requirements.

Are Arsenal having a press conference at the same time?

Nice... Kevin and Romelu "are ready to be part of the team". "I give you good answer." :D

Yeah looks like both of them will be with the first team next season

What formation do people want him to play? I wouldn't mind going back to 433, but I'd be worried about Mata and reducing his effectiveness.

I haven't thought about it in too much detail, but off the top of my head I imagine it would suit our squad quite well.

If we join 433, Mata will probably be the more advanced of the middle 3, sort of like how Lampard played before

Lukaku

Hazard          Mata

Oscar

De Bruyne          

Cole                      Ramires

Terry Ivanovic Luiz

Cech

Note: might not work as well as it does in my head...

you reckon Lukaku would be preferred above Ba?

Lukaku

Hazard          Mata

Oscar

De Bruyne          

Terry Ivanovic Luiz

Cech

Wouldn't that leave you a little exposed with not much in the way of defensive cover in central midfield?

Is Ramires particularly suited to being a right wing back? Wouldn't Azpilicueta be used instead in such a formation?

they're supposed to be interested, together with ManUtd

or do you see Lampard in that role

Lukaku

Hazard          Mata

Oscar

De Bruyne          

Terry Ivanovic Luiz

Cech

wth is that? Ramires is a wingback now? :D

Criticised RDM's training regime/methods or something like that?

they're supposed to be interested, together with ManUtd

or do you see Lampard in that role

I just don't think Fellaini is suitable for the defensive mid position, especially considering who we've been linked with.

wth is that? Ramires is a wingback now? :D

He'd be a pretty decent one, but tbf I didn't exactly suggest that team seriously.