Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a shame for Jhon :thdn:

I am really hoping Di Matteo can do himself justice in his 2 years (unless he gets one as Abramovich goes mental for Guardiola next summer). All I hope is that we really start using the youngsters a lot more. It's frustrating to watch players like Stoch, Tore, Borini, Sinclair etc. do well elsewhere when they weren't really given a chance here. We must spend so much on the facilities and buying some of the players (Michael Woods and Tom Taiwo anyone?) and yet no manager has had the balls or maybe the time to use them.

Just booked a ticket for the Community Shield at Villa Park. Wasn't going to go originally but got a ticket for £25 and although it will mean travelling home for my birthday, coming back to Plymouth for one day of work and then going back home again it should be worth it.

That's a shame for Jhon :thdn:

I am really hoping Di Matteo can do himself justice in his 2 years (unless he gets one as Abramovich goes mental for Guardiola next summer). All I hope is that we really start using the youngsters a lot more. It's frustrating to watch players like Stoch, Tore, Borini, Sinclair etc. do well elsewhere when they weren't really given a chance here. We must spend so much on the facilities and buying some of the players (Michael Woods and Tom Taiwo anyone?) and yet no manager has had the balls or maybe the time to use them.

Just booked a ticket for the Community Shield at Villa Park. Wasn't going to go originally but got a ticket for £25 and although it will mean travelling home for my birthday, coming back to Plymouth for one day of work and then going back home again it should be worth it.

It really frustrates me that we don't use our youth either. Though at least Bertrand got playing quite a few games last season.

It really frustrates me that we don't use our youth either. Though at least Bertrand got playing quite a few games last season.

It was good to see Bertrand get a decent run and look what has happened. A solid backup player and someone I really hope can take over Cole as our starting LB. It makes me wonder what would have happened to players like Borini, Tore etc. if they were given a chance. That is why I think now would be a good time to get McEachran some game time along with Romeu. He looked very promising albeit a bit shaky in some games but he needs games. At the very least I want our promising players to go on loan somewhere where they will actually play.

You're obviously gonna call me a bitter Arsenal fan but anyway...

Despite signing all these great young attacking players I don't think you'r gonna achieve much next season. Fair play to Abramovich, God hes trying his best to bring quality attacking football to Chelsea, but it won't work. Drogba's gone, that's a big deal for Chelsea. not just because he was a great player and your biggest scorer, he was tailor made to play that system and one of the few in the world who could do it so well. Sure Torres, Hazard, Oscar etc sounds great on paper but it's not the Chelsea way. Also I don't think Di matteo will last long.

Just my opinion.

I just wonder how much people realise what abramovich want's SOO MUCH. Yes of course success and trophies but he also wants a great brand of football. Its like the whole AVB thing. Its so obvious that Roman was looking to start again and adopt a completely different stragety when he appointd him, the reason I think people were a bit harsh on AVB. He was trying to completely overhaul chelsea, but what happened? It didn't work out, Di Matteo was brought in, primarily to see out the season and secure CL football, and Abramovih was gonna go again in the summer.

However we all know what happened and you ended up winning the CL, ironically by reverting back to the defensive, stifling style of play. That, of course, is a big tick for Abramovich, but now hes concentrating on what he wanted to do with AVB again, and (it seems) signing the players he wants. But Di Matteo is not the man to make Roman's dream real and when he is sacked it will be embarrassing once again. You did win the CL though....

I don't know what you mean Gills.

We are signing the kind of attacking players Pep would like to have if he were to take over another club (young, very skillful, fast). I think it's been quite open he's who Roman wants to take over long term, just couldn't get him this Summer obviously.

I don't know what you mean Gills.

We are signing the kind of attacking players Pep would like to have if he were to take over another club (young, very skillful, fast). I think it's been quite open he's who Roman wants to take over long term, just couldn't get him this Summer obviously.

Wasn't slagging it off or anything, love the signings you're making this season if anything. Just meant that Roman has too much money :D

yeah I think that CL win renewed him tbh. I think he might have been losing some interest last season (and who could blame him with some of those performances) but he's back now :cool:

I completely agree with this. He's definitely going all out this summer, but then again, isn't this the last summer where he can afford to do that before these financial regulations are brought in?

Champions of Europe: Hilario; Ivanovic, Cahill, JT, Cole; Essien, Lampard; Ramires, Marin, Benayoun; Lukaku

League 2 XI: Nielsen, Beitashour, Collin, DeMerit, Morrow, Alonso, Beckham, De Rosario, Donovan, Henry, Wondolowski.

I'm dozing already so this'll be a struggle.

Archived