Sports Interactive Community
Retro

Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

We'll win tonight and everyone will be saying Arsene knows. Got such a bunch of jokers for 'fans' these days.

New manager comes in he won't have money to spend! We'll never overtake Utd/City/Chelsea with this board regardless of manger, accept we are fighting for fourth and enjoy it, all the teams battling for it are as sh*t as each other so it'll be an exciting contest!

Im gonna go 2-2 draw, we go 1-0 down, then 2-1 up and then they grab a late equaliser.

Vermaelen (or anyone competent who won't get burned for pace) at LB so that Koscielny can start is what I would have suggested. :thup:

Mannone Sagna Koscielny Mertesacker Vermaelen Arteta Wilshere Cazorla Walcott Podolski Giroud.

Vermaelen at LB over Santos and Walcott/Wilshere both start.

So basically the line up that should have started against United then.

Santos dropped, or injured? Hopefully dropped after the 'performance' against Utd.

dropped i think cause he swapped shirts with RVP at oldtrafford at HALF TIME, doesnt even know when a game ends bless him.

Nicely taken by theo there for 1-0, but giroud should of made his mind up what he was doing a few steps back

Na na na nananana, nananana Giroudddddddddddddd

Much better so far. What a difference having a left sided defender and some counter attacking threat makes.

Much better so far. What a difference having a left sided defender and some counter attacking threat makes.

and some fight and desire too, Giroud in particular seems to be running around a lot working hard chasing the ball down as is everyone

Hunterlaar is lethal.

Edit: So when was the last time we kept a clean sheet away from home in the champions league?

Decent score line so far but TV5 once again proving how average and overwhelmed he really is.

Okay; Spurs have been terrible most of the way through the premier league so being the best isn't difficult. He is so short term it is ridiculous, he can't rotate a squad, he alienates fans and players, his transfer policy is hit and miss and tactically he is poor.

You don't have to be world class to get a world class manager. We are better than Liverpool as firstly we are more likely to qualify for the champions league and in theory financially are stronger.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9636959/Chelsea-on-high-alert-as-former-Barcelona-coach-Pep-Guardiola-eyes-job-managing-a-London-club.html Guardiola may not be that unrealistic. I just want the right manager and so far all you have come up with is horrific tbh :D

to be fair, Harry is better tactically then Wenger, I mean Harry does have a great deal of instinct when it comes to making in match changes if something is not working and he is much better at using his bench then Wenger is

sure Harry has a lot of other drawbacks (some of which you have mentioned) that probably make him a worse manager, but he is probably still better tactically then everyone gives him credit for

Swansea were tipped by quite a few people to go down this year, aside from losing to Villa and dropping points at home to Reading I don't see what he's done poorly at all. He's also bought in talented players from Europe such as Chico, Pablo Hernandez and Michu who would not have joined the club if Laudrup wasn't in charge. He's a world class name that is respected by top players around Europe, I reckon we'd be able to attract better quality players from around Europe with him in charge as opposed to Moyes or Redknapp.
Laudrup still have a lot to learn and is not good manager just yet (did you follow his stint at Mallorca at all?), that he ended up making good signings will probably bail him out this year at Swansea thought and it should be enough to keep them up

to be fair, Harry is better tactically then Wenger, I mean Harry does have a great deal of instinct when it comes to making in match changes if something is not working and he is much better at using his bench then Wenger is

sure Harry has a lot of other drawbacks (some of which you have mentioned) that probably make him a worse manager, but he is probably still better tactically then everyone gives him credit for

Laudrup still have a lot to learn and is not good manager just yet (did you follow his stint at Mallorca at all?), that he ended up making good signings will probably bail him out this year at Swansea thought and it should be enough to keep them up

Which is fortunate, because most of the time he has to correct the tactical blunders he's made preparing for the game. Redknapp is not a good tactician.

On reflection sorry he doesnt dive, he tries to stand back up but falls forward, so to hide embarrassment he feigns injury lol

It wasn't the final touch I'm annoyed about, his CB instincts got the better of him and he got sucked in to a central position for the cross. :thdn:

That's a prime example of poor defensive rotation. They had a front line of 4 (1 crosser and 3 people attacking the box.) We had 3 people in the box, but Per was marking the front post, while Kos and Vermaelen marked the two closest ones. This left Farfan with acres of space at the back.

An organized backline would have shifted to mark each of those guys before the move even started, or one of our midfielders had to bust their lungs to mark Farfan. In any case, no one should have that much space from a simple cross at this level of football.

Arsenal man of the match, Mannone? aside from the poor marking by defenders for the 2nd goal and cazorla slipping to lose possession for the first goal hes looked pretty solid.

well another 90 mins for Sagna, Jack can only be a good thing :) a good point imo.

When your 3rd choice keeper is your best player in a second game in a row, you know you're in some crisis.

Looking at 2nd half we didn't deserve even a point, but then again we created some chances that could win us a game. Theo again proved he should be starting a game, Wenger's statements after selling Song that we have enough players to play in the middle again can be questioned.

Our best player tonight was Arteta, y'know the guy who should be captain. Instead we pick that spineless waster who is the worst captain I have ever seen.

Who calmed down Podolski tonight? Arteta. Who speaks to the media after our disappointing results? Arteta. WHY OH WHY IS VERMAELEN CAPTAIN?

I completely agree Arteta should be captain, of course with the limited knowledge we have about what is going on in the team.

But Mannone kept us in the game a few times and it wasn't a great performance from the midfield.

Of course every Xavi needs his Iniesta and Arteta has always looked a lot worse when played deep with Ramseys or Cocquelins around him - so having a rather poor Cazorla and Wilshere who is not ready for 45 minutes of CL football, not to mention 90, was not helping. But he wasn't our best player IMO.

Our best player tonight was Arteta, y'know the guy who should be captain. Instead we pick that spineless waster who is the worst captain I have ever seen.

Who calmed down Podolski tonight? Arteta. Who speaks to the media after our disappointing results? Arteta. WHY OH WHY IS VERMAELEN CAPTAIN?

Wenger always sells his captain, so I would suspect that Verm was appointed just to boost his sale value

erm.. I thought Wilshere was good tonight too? Tired a bit in the second half, but first half he was at the heart of everything good.

I hope we can all agree that Vermaelen was our worst player. Giroud pretty awful too.

Cazorla was probably worst performer for me in regards to expectation, he just looks so low in confidence and knackered, him losing possession for the first goal didnt help his case either.