Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

So what does the future hold for Arsenal? It seems to me as an outsider that you are destined for a purpetual nothing-ness at the moment. Are you happy with that?

As a Chelsea fan, I think it's great if you keep Wenger because he seems to have morphed into the parody of himself, with the 'win it with kids' idea at all times. Arsenal used to worry me, nowadays they don't. Just my view, no doubt I'll be hammered for it.

However what other options are there? Realistically if Wenger went at the end of the season, Guardiola is the only realistic candidate, other than that I don't see anyone more superior than Wneger to take over.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what does the future hold for Arsenal? It seems to me as an outsider that you are destined for a purpetual nothing-ness at the moment. Are you happy with that?

As a Chelsea fan, I think it's great if you keep Wenger because he seems to have morphed into the parody of himself, with the 'win it with kids' idea at all times. Arsenal used to worry me, nowadays they don't. Just my view, no doubt I'll be hammered for it.

However what other options are there? Realistically if Wenger went at the end of the season, Guardiola is the only realistic candidate, other than that I don't see anyone more superior than Wneger to take over.

Klopp, Mourinho, Redknapp, Moyes, Ancelotti all superior to Wenger.

Redknapp :D :D :D :D

Mourinho would never join us, we can't offer Ancelotti anything near what PSG do and the other two whilst being good managers have never been near a top club, so to claim that they would definitely be superior managers to Wenger is baseless and just plain silly.

Mourinho would never join us, we can't offer Ancelotti anything near what PSG do and the other two whilst being good managers have never been near a top club, so to claim that they would definitely be superior managers to Wenger is baseless and just plain silly.

Klopp has never been near the top club? Just what?

Klopp has never been near the top club? Just what?

Yeah did'nt you know, Dortmund with their 80000+ stadium and wins in Champions league, Uefa cup, Cup winners cup and Intercontinental cup are a diddy team.

The biggest thing wrong with everyone saying to sack Wenger is that they're clearly missing the point. If the board are the real problem, which they certainly appear to be, how does sacking the manager Wenger help that. A new manager would have a lot less influence than Wenger does, so if anything a new manager (it wouldn't be Mourinho, Klopp or Ancelotti and why would we want Moyes or Redknapp of all people over Wenger?) would have even less influence and we'd be even more in the ****.

- Mourinho isn't going to leave one of the best clubs in the world for a club who hasn't won anything in 7 years.

- Why the **** would Klopp leave a Dortmund side with some of the most promising young players in world football in it, they haven't reached their peak yet as a club, surely he'd want to stay for when they do if he's already winning stuff as it is

- Ancelotti isn't going to leave PSG, if he did, our board is very unlikely to pay him anywhere near what he's on at the moment.

Dortmund are a bigger club than Arsenal, historically and present day.

I would suggest that Arsenal around the world are a bigger supported club than Dortmund but to be dismissive of Dortmund in any way is a joke too.

Because not being a top club means being diddy club. Oh wait, no it doesn't, Ivan is just thick. Dortmund are nowhere near the likes of United, Barca, Madrid, etc. Neither are we, but we want to be there, so if you want to replace Wenger with someone who is definitely superior, they have to have experience of being with those top clubs. Which neither Klopp nor Moyes do.

They may be better than Wenger, but really if you were to replace him with either of those two then any success would be largely down to luck and circumstances.

Because not being a top club means being diddy club. Oh wait, no it doesn't, Ivan is just thick.

Classy, It is easy to doll out a word like thick whilst suggesting you should be aiming for managers who have experienced running the top 4 teams in the world. Who was Ferguson Pep and Vilanova managing prior to running their current teams?

Classy, It is easy to doll out a word like thick whilst suggesting you should be aiming for managers who have experienced running the top 4 teams in the world. Who was Ferguson Pep and Vilanova managing prior to running their current teams?

Oh dear. You do realize United hadn't won the league for like 20 years when Ferguson took over right? Pep and Vilanova are ridiculous examples as well, I can't even be bothered to explain why the Guardiola example is so wrong.

Swing and a miss. Not what I've said at all. What I said was that the only managers that you can legitimately make an argument for definitely being superior to Wenger are those who have been there and done it at top clubs, like Ferguson, Mourinho, etc. Guys like Klopp and Moyes could well be better, but if they were to take over and be successful then luck would play a large role.

Swing and a miss. Not what I've said at all. What I said was that the only managers that you can legitimately make an argument for definitely being superior to Wenger are those who have been there and done it at top clubs, like Ferguson, Mourinho, etc. Guys like Klopp and Moyes could well be better, but if they were to take over and be successful then luck would play a large role.

No, you said:

Dortmund are nowhere near the likes of United, Barca, Madrid, etc. Neither are we, but we want to be there, so if you want to replace Wenger with someone who is definitely superior

I would suggest that Klopp who has done what he has done with Mainz first and then Dortmund would be an excellent replacement for Wenger and luck would not play anywhere as prominent a role as you say. Arguably(And this was my point.) Klopp has a better pedigree right now, than Villanova or Pep had when they took over their "Top" team.

so if you want to replace Wenger with someone who is definitely superior

There's the crucial part. Klopp is not definitely superior. You cannot make any kind of argument that Klopp is definitely superior. Ferguson, Mourinho, etc you can.

Reading things properly helps.

So who do you want to take over if Wenger was sacked today?

David Moyes, knows the premier league, knows how to defend/organize his teams, knows how to motivate players, knows how to use small transfer budget to positive effect, also has good relationships with some top players that he could possibly bring to Arsenal (Baines, Fellaini, Jagielka, Ross Barkley, Jelavic).

2nd - Redknapp, i would not choose any of the other managers mentioned above because IMO, they do not know the premier league, its almost the same as buying players from other leagues and gambling on them working over here, Im not disputing Pep is a good manager, but it was made extremely easy for him by having the 3 best midfielders in the world at his disposal and generally a very very strong squad, which he would not have here at arsenal.

Klopp manages in the German league which again IMO is an inferior league to the EPL and Spanish leagues, and again doesnt know the premier league like Moyes and Redknapp

The biggest thing wrong with everyone saying to sack Wenger is that they're clearly missing the point. If the board are the real problem, which they certainly appear to be, how does sacking the manager Wenger help that. A new manager would have a lot less influence than Wenger does, so if anything a new manager (it wouldn't be Mourinho, Klopp or Ancelotti and why would we want Moyes or Redknapp of all people over Wenger?) would have even less influence and we'd be even more in the ****.

- Mourinho isn't going to leave one of the best clubs in the world for a club who hasn't won anything in 7 years.

- Why the **** would Klopp leave a Dortmund side with some of the most promising young players in world football in it, they haven't reached their peak yet as a club, surely he'd want to stay for when they do if he's already winning stuff as it is

- Ancelotti isn't going to leave PSG, if he did, our board is very unlikely to pay him anywhere near what he's on at the moment.

Who played Ramsey and Bendtner out wide?

Who is responsible for everything that is wrong with Arsenal ON THE PITCH?

Moyes has to work within much tighter constraints and outperforms Wenger in tactics, defending, team balance, tight wage bill, results against the biggest sides.

How can anyone claim to know anything about football and suggest that Redknapp should even be considered for the Arsenal job? Just ask Spurs fans how mediocre he is. Moyes would be my favourite from within the premier league but I still wouldn't be keen. Also this discussion is pointless as Wenger won't leave till the end of the season at the earliest

How can anyone claim to know anything about football and suggest that Redknapp should even be considered for the Arsenal job? Just ask Spurs fans how mediocre he is. Moyes would be my favourite from within the premier league but I still wouldn't be keen. Also this discussion is pointless as Wenger won't leave till the end of the season at the earliest

Asking them wouldnt be the same as looking at his stats for them, hes the best manager they had since the start of the premier league.

Im not saying hes a world class manager, but we arent a world class team anymore, something people seem to struggle coming to terms with, so we wont get the likes of Mourinho and Pep when there are clubs that would get them long before us, so we have to settle like liverpool for what we can get our hands on in the event Arsene leaves.

But as you say the discussion is pointless.

There's the crucial part. Klopp is not definitely superior. You cannot make any kind of argument that Klopp is definitely superior. Ferguson, Mourinho, etc you can.

Reading things properly helps.

Well I suppose it depends whether the current mallaise stems from the board or from Wenger. If it is Wenger then I would suggest Klopp is definetely the superior manager right now.

Asking them wouldnt be the same as looking at his stats for them, hes the best manager they had since the start of the premier league.

Im not saying hes a world class manager, but we arent a world class team anymore, something people seem to struggle coming to terms with, so we wont get the likes of Mourinho and Pep when there are clubs that would get them long before us, so we have to settle like liverpool for what we can get our hands on in the even Arsene leaves.

But as you say the discussion is pointless.

Okay; Spurs have been terrible most of the way through the premier league so being the best isn't difficult. He is so short term it is ridiculous, he can't rotate a squad, he alienates fans and players, his transfer policy is hit and miss and tactically he is poor.

You don't have to be world class to get a world class manager. We are better than Liverpool as firstly we are more likely to qualify for the champions league and in theory financially are stronger.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9636959/Chelsea-on-high-alert-as-former-Barcelona-coach-Pep-Guardiola-eyes-job-managing-a-London-club.html Guardiola may not be that unrealistic. I just want the right manager and so far all you have come up with is horrific tbh :D

:////// football snobbery at it's best
Start off great, then go into an unstoppable slide down the table :thup:

Swansea were tipped by quite a few people to go down this year, aside from losing to Villa and dropping points at home to Reading I don't see what he's done poorly at all. He's also bought in talented players from Europe such as Chico, Pablo Hernandez and Michu who would not have joined the club if Laudrup wasn't in charge. He's a world class name that is respected by top players around Europe, I reckon we'd be able to attract better quality players from around Europe with him in charge as opposed to Moyes or Redknapp.

'Arry Redknapp :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D As a yid should know how ridiculous this is!

There is no doubt that if we had Wenger and you had 'Arry we'd be in the CL, no doubt about that.

Wenger is brilliant, but really am concerned about his health. He looks like he could have a breakdown tbh.

Mannone Sagna Koscielny Mertesacker Vermaelen Arteta Wilshere Cazorla Walcott Podolski Giroud.

Vermaelen at LB over Santos and Walcott/Wilshere both start.

Very happy with that starting line up, now for them to just perform like we know they can.

Archived