Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, reading this thread is embarrassing. So many slating Arshavin, he was the only player who looked like creating anything in the first 45. Really stepped up in extra time too. Just seems like people like slating him. It's embarrassing and shameful.

Well, yo can't give a MOTM to anyone in a team that has not even started to play football for the first 35 minutes, can you?

He's shown he has great skills, exceptional mentality going forward but at the same time that he is not near his best form. I agree that this is what separates class players from the ordinary ones: they know they can do it and they try it whenever opportunity arises. He kept on trying and trying to do the dangerous things, to run at defenders, take shots and play through balls. Reminded me how he and Cesc used to repeat that move almost every game: AA moving from the wing into the area, Cesc moving with the ball from the centre to the left and making a killer pass for AA to finish off. I miss it but AA is far from his best atm and he was - along with Kos and Chamakh - mostly to blame for that 0-4. But if he can get back to form...

Well, yo can't give a MOTM to anyone in a team that has not even started to play football for the first 35 minutes, can you?

He's shown he has great skills, exceptional mentality going forward but at the same time that he is not near his best form. I agree that this is what separates class players from the ordinary ones: they know they can do it and they try it whenever opportunity arises. He kept on trying and trying to do the dangerous things, to run at defenders, take shots and play through balls. Reminded me how he and Cesc used to repeat that move almost every game: AA moving from the wing into the area, Cesc moving with the ball from the centre to the left and making a killer pass for AA to finish off. I miss it but AA is far from his best atm and he was - along with Kos and Chamakh - mostly to blame for that 0-4. But if he can get back to form...

Chamakh and Arshavin mostly to blame for us being 4-0 down? They weren't doing much in terms of getting us a goal in the first half, but aside from maybe 1 of them, most of the goals had nothing to do with them.

Well of the players we deployed you'd expect the most proven internationals to be leading the team both in attack and defence wouldn't you?

Djourou was ok all game. Kos was terrible in the first half. AA was not involved enough, not like he was in the 2nd half and when he was at the ball his passing was shocking, he just kept on giving the ball away, making bad decisions, siply careless in what he was doing. Chamakh was never near any cross and offering nothing in link up play. So yes, they were not directly responsible for the goals but they didn't do what was expected - lead the attack so that Reading would be forced back.

I thought Arshavin did one good thing, which was the run leading up to goal 6. I mean yes we scored, but there was the simplest of cutbacks which would have been a tap in, instead he shot and luckily it dropped to Theo to tap in.

He was lazy, he didn't chase back, he was playing wrong passes, some straight to the other team. Was dire imo. I mean at least Chamakh chased back and scored 2 very good goals.

I thought Arshavin did one good thing, which was the run leading up to goal 6. I mean yes we scored, but there was the simplest of cutbacks which would have been a tap in, instead he shot and luckily it dropped to Theo to tap in.

He was lazy, he didn't chase back, he was playing wrong passes, some straight to the other team. Was dire imo. I mean at least Chamakh chased back and scored 2 very good goals.

wow.

He worked very hard, gave the ball away because he was actually looking to create. Was involved with at least 3 of our goals. He was very good.

I mean, how can someone watch that match and not realise that he set up the first goal with a wonderful pass? And he set up Theo earlier on in that match at 0-0. And played excellent through balls quite a few times in that match. And y'know, the 6th goal was all him. And he was right to shoot. AND IT ****ING PAID OFF.

But don't you think there was a huge difference in his performance and attitude between the first half and the rest of the game? Some of the passes he made in the first 40 minutes were not only badly executed but also just careless, bad ideas from the start. As if he didn't care.

After that I agree he was good, he just isn't at his best generally atm.

Not gonna argue, I just thought he was terrible. Maybe I'm being biased cause I think he's terrible anyway, and was just looking for things to pick at against him.

Will watch the match again on Arsenal Player tomorrow and pay closer attention.

Arshavin did go back and defend at least once because the ball hit him and and went to Pogrebnyak for their 5th goal. I actually thought he did ok today.

One thing that gets me is some players get a free pass if they make an error/errors and others are jumped on if they make the slightest mistake. If Djourou had sucked instead of Kos in the 1st half, people would be saying 'he shouldn't play for us etc etc'.

I mean, how can someone watch that match and not realise that he set up the first goal with a wonderful pass? And he set up Theo earlier on in that match at 0-0. And played excellent through balls quite a few times in that match. And y'know, the 6th goal was all him. And he was right to shoot. AND IT ****ING PAID OFF.

The first goal just came from **** defending by Gorkks who headed it straight at Walcott. Wasn't sure it was a good pass.

Fwiw, you conceded 5 against us. I'd be hugely disappointed with your back 5 tonight!

The first goal just came from **** defending by Gorkks who headed it straight at Walcott. Wasn't sure it was a good pass.

No, it was a great pass from AA and great run from Theo. He just went for it trusting AA will play the ball at the right time and AA played it just exactly when it was needed.

Taking credit away from them would be like saying your first goal came only from Kos's mistake.

He fielded an inexperienced goalkeeper(Martinez), leftback(also not his natural position, Miguel), center midfielder(gnabry), another midfielder whos only just returned from a lengthy injury and could argue hes inexperienced(frimpong) with other players who lack confidence and games, all of this away from home.

But don't you think there was a huge difference in his performance and attitude between the first half and the rest of the game? Some of the passes he made in the first 40 minutes were not only badly executed but also just careless, bad ideas from the start. As if he didn't care.

After that I agree he was good, he just isn't at his best generally atm.

I thought the biggest difference was that the rest of the teams movement was much better. So his passes looked a lot better.

No, it was a great pass from AA and great run from Theo. He just went for it trusting AA will play the ball at the right time and AA played it just exactly when it was needed.

Taking credit away from them would be like saying your first goal came only from Kos's mistake.

Our first goal did only come from a piece of god awful defending though. Our second was a lucky own goal, and our third was a terrible piece of keeping. None of them were well worked or good goals really.

Arshavin's pass was played at the Reading defender, who headed it straight at Walcott. Can't see how it was a great pass, nice finish all the same though.

Ha, Chamakh's first goal, he sets up the move by doing a cheeky back heel :D

Eisfeld was great, one down point where he should have had a shot, and then mis-queued his pass to Theo, but I thought he was brilliant. Thought it was him who'd scored the 6th cause I know he's the player who's usually in the right place at the right time.

Here's Giroud and Coquelin giving their shirts away:

[video=youtube;G_-K4Nk26mY]

The people in this thread. :D

Do any of you have any joy in life, we just took part in one of the most amazing games you're likely to see and WON! Try enjoying a win for once.

And the people saying Arshavin was terrible were clearly watching an old game of his. He showed exactly why he's a higher class of footballer than Gervinho.

And Reading fan, no one cares that you think your team is useless and don't want to give us any credit. Your team is useless, as was mine in the first half but it was just one of those games. The type I think you can write off as just being mental.

And Reading fan, no one cares that you think your team is useless and don't want to give us any credit. Your team is useless, as was mine in the first half but it was just one of those games. The type I think you can write off as just being mental.

Please point out where I said I haven't given you any credit, and I'll happily change it, if you can't find it, then kindly bugger off tbh. I don't think you played tremendously or anything, a good comeback I'll give you. Took your chances when they came to you, but for the most part I think you were invited on by a poor Reading defence more than anything.

Edit -

Really not looking forward to the game in December, can easily see your first team putting the same amount past us again if we aren't to improve!

I know people will be wanting Arshavin to start, but after 120 minutes do you think that's gonna happen? Not likely imo. Chamakh will no doubt be on the bench, with Gervinho out for a month, meaning Giroud and Chamakh will rotate for a bit. Would like Eisfeld to be involved soon, but with games against United and Schalke coming up, the earliest I can see him getting a run out is Fulham at home next Saturday, which I shall be attending.

Would rather have Jenki's on the right instead of ramsey, the lad runs his arse off, tracks back, and can cross, but yeah overall i want like you guys theo up there, makes them have to sit deeper.

I don't really think we want them sitting deep. United have consistently done us on the counter in recent years, and we always have trouble breaking down deep packed defences (see any of the games we haven't scored in this season!)

I miss the days when we were the counter-attacking team. :(

I don't really think we want them sitting deep. United have consistently done us on the counter in recent years, and we always have trouble breaking down deep packed defences (see any of the games we haven't scored in this season!)

True, plus the whole fact Wenger has a hissy fit if anyone even thinks of shooting from outside the box, to be completely honest though i dont think it will matter what we do, or who we play on saturday, we will lose.

Im just looking past that game to Schalke.

This is true. We can't up the tempo when we have the ball, but when we lose it, we're so open. It's the worst combination possible.

I'd like to see Walcott start, but I think Wenger probably won't because he played 120 minutes.

Ridiculous really, if he's got goals in him we may as well profit from them even if it's only for a season. We didn't start dropping RvP when he was messing around with his contract, not sure why we should do the same with Theo especially as it's quite quickly emerging that he's at least for now a fairly important part of a solution to our problems going forward.

Archived