Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

I just can't understand the business sense in keeping the likes of Marouane Chamakh, Andrey Arshavin and Sebastien Squillaci on the wage bill for another season.

How can we possibly justify continuing to pay their 50k+ wages whilst fail to renew Walcott’s contact over a petty 25k?

Was it really impossible to offload the other overpaid flops that are now out on loan?

We needed to cut our losses and let all this human waste go for nominal fees to free up finances for new blood. Wenger's mismanagement has got us into this ridiculous situation.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arshavin is still at Arsenal as far as I know but the point is a general one. Wenger simply does not do his best to improve the squad, is weak, too loyal, tolerates mediocrity and rewards failure.

The defeatist attitude of his players is also a reflection of his own losing spirit. How can a man who makes annual claims that losing is winning bring success?

well I doubt we will sign anyone, as it doesnt appear that there are any "top,top,top players" available. im sure by now sky sports news would have reported that some was seen going for a medical or something, and I cant see a deal being done this late by wenger now. gutted!! even swansea know to replace players within hours of selling one of their best players.

But we always seem to have money, but we never seem to spend it.

Because they don't want to spend it, they have convinced themselves that coming 4th is achieving something and everything will be fine as long as that champions league money is coming in and they can still charge the highest prices in the league and get away with it even though the days of us playing the best football in the league are gone.

It won't be until we are out of the champions league that things might change but when that happens it will be even harder to get back and fight for a title.

well arsenal spent £38million in this transfer window....roughly the same as what they made through sales....possible that they didnt have the funds to secure that top top top playwer that AW was after...well for now I will live in hope. I have faith! they played excellently against stoke. the defense was top notch. vito was safe in goal. cazorla is the workhorse of the team. just need giroud and pod to find the net sooner than later

but we made money, think of the bank sheets!

Disappointed to say the least. Everyone knew we needed strengthening, and nothing. Not even a sniff.

ok, id agree a DM wouldve been great! but we dont need a GK, not after seeing what mannone can do. he had one communication hiccup. steve bould seems to have solidified the defense. cazorla is AWESOME. wilshere will be back soon and hopefully stay fit. walcott and the ox are not to be sniffed at! giroud and pod will hopefully have had time to settle in for sundays game. A new signing for RB would be all i'd say is essential, but I have faith arsenal can cope. we are unbeaten so far. man utd arent!! remember that

Well boys isn't it comforting to know that when we need to change a game up front we'll be able to choose from Chamakh and, er, Chamakh!?

Wenger has signed his own P45 tonight. Good riddance to the lying, incompetent surrender monkey.

ok, id agree a DM wouldve been great! but we dont need a GK, not after seeing what mannone can do. he had one communication hiccup. steve bould seems to have solidified the defense. cazorla is AWESOME. wilshere will be back soon and hopefully stay fit. walcott and the ox are not to be sniffed at! giroud and pod will hopefully have had time to settle in for sundays game. A new signing for RB would be all i'd say is essential, but I have faith arsenal can cope. we are unbeaten so far. man utd arent!! remember that

Is that your argument? Really?

Wenger and Gazidis have brainwashed far too many so-called fans.

This season is over for us. Let Wenger run his contract down next summer, mug him off and get Pep in.

yeah thats right blame AW - how do you know he didnt identify players he wanted but the money men didnt get it done. Easy to blame AW.

its over now. Lets move on to sunday. Big game, but if we defend well again, we can get something.

Erm, because he's the MANAGER!! You know, the guy that apparently built the Emirates with his own hands and saved Arsenal from oblivion when he inherited the greatest EPL defence and won a few cups.

Even AVB has done more at Spurs in a month in signing quality players and showing ambition than AW has in a decade!!! AVB ffs.

Szczesny

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs

Arteta Diaby

Walcott Cazorla Podolski

Giroud

Fabianski

Jenkinson Mertesacker Djourou Santos

Wilshere/Ramsey Rosicky

Chamberlain Arshavin Gervinho

Chamakh

Backup:

Mannone

Squillaci

Coquelin

Frimpong

Only annoying bit for me is that we haven't replaced Chamakh, plus FB looks weak if Santos gets banged up and if Sagna has become a massive crock.

The transfer window wasn't **** as we haven't declined we just haven't really improved either. Very frustrating. I'll wait to see how the team performs before passing judgement on how flawed the lack of purchases was

Well I think we have definitely declined. We're still very reliant on one player, but our squad is horribly unbalanced and our midfield is weaker.

Chamberlain simply has to start in midfield ahead of Diaby. Better at him than everything bar being tall.

The transfer window wasn't **** as we haven't declined we just haven't really improved either. Very frustrating. I'll wait to see how the team performs before passing judgement on how flawed the lack of purchases was

Pretty sure we have declined. Losing Van Persie is massive; I don't see how Podolski and Giroud are going to make up for his form last season.

Is that your argument? Really?

Wenger and Gazidis have brainwashed far too many so-called fans.

This season is over for us. Let Wenger run his contract down next summer, mug him off and get Pep in.

no, not an argument. this is me being hopeful rather than negative and bitchy. how can the players thrive when people keep writing them off?? have a bit of faith. the better we do in the league and cup competitions, the more prize money we get, therefore bigger transfer kitty.....vicious circle. youre meant to be a SUPPORTER!! start supporting

Yup, two games gone, season over, might as well just not bother watching them now. Jesus.

With the obvious lack of strikers Wenger must be thinking of Theo playing up top now.

how on the hellish earth is our season "over" ?? WHY are u all so negative??? START SUPPORTING!!

Pretty sure we have declined. Losing Van Persie is massive; I don't see how Podolski and Giroud are going to make up for his form last season.

what is to say RVP will repeat his form had he stayed?? whats to say he will repeat his form at man utd?? what is to say he doesnt get injured early on in the season, leaving gooners laughing at fergie!?

Archived