Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

do we think Wilshere is a Gerrard/Giggs/Scholes one-club guy, or will he too leave if he ever becomes fully fit and reaches his true potential and we're still winning **** all? What about Ox, if he becomes first team quality and also produces the goods for England as well, and City come calling, is he off?

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I expect both Wilshere and Ox would leave.

I also suspect that Giggs and Scholes would have left United if they were a midtable club. The fact is United were incredibly successful - why would they leave?

Giggs and Scholes would also have been moved on if Fergie had thought they weren't providing enough or had become disruptive in his eyes, he's certainly proved that at other times.

I think loyalty is something of an over used word in football, clubs are often just as guilty of not showing any loyalty to their playing staff, players have a short career, clubs are quick enough to sell them on if they get a decent offer or chuck them on the scrapheap if they don't think they're good enough. Can't really blame any player for trying to maximise their earning power or chances of success (granted some go about it in a slightly more palatable way than others)

True that DandyDon. HAving said that, there are right and wrong ways of leaving the club. The way Ade and RvP left was the wrong way. They lost our respect. There's a reason players like Henry, Vieira, Toure, Clichy, and even Cesc are still welcomed in this part of London.

While I hope they would be too, English player loyalty should not be expected. Look at Barry and Milner for eg. and they made their situation at Villa untenable, or to an extent Rooney and his pay me more or I leave scenario! You never know what our boys will be like in a few years?

I fear that Wenger will cite Giroud and Frimpong/Coq as RvP and Song's replacements.

Giroud, Cazorla, and Podolski need to be additions, not replacements. We need to properly replace Song and RvP.

I fear that Wenger will cite Giroud and Frimpong/Coq as RvP and Song's replacements.

Giroud, Cazorla, and Podolski need to be additions, not replacements. We need to properly replace Song and RvP.

Agree, then there's still bendtner who wants out, Arshavin nobody is sure about, Walcott still needs to sign! Loads going on.

Wow latest press conference and wenger says song may leave, we are interested in sahin and that new signings are possible. There's a whole lot going on at the moment!

He also said the RvP money has already been reinvested. What a clown he is.

Robin van Persie: "It's an honour to sign for Manchester United."

38373273.jpg

P*ss off.

Anyway, back to more important matters. I'm quite excited about this season. It's a changed Arsenal, a more ruthless Arsène. L'Équipe reporting today that Arsenal have approached Montpellier and Toulouse for Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and Cheick M'bengue respectively. Both turned down the approach.

Worth noting that Yanga-Mbiwa's contract expires next Summer, and he doesn't look any closer to signing a new one. Deadline day move?

I see that Songs contract was due to expire in 2014.

I wonder if he already said to the club he wont sign another, so they deicded to get rid now, rather than be in the position at the end of the season we have been in with players with one year left and not signing?

How many French based players have failed for us? Diaby the only one that comes close in recent years iirc.

I also do not think Coq/Frimpong will be Song's replacement. Remember last season we had all 3 available to us at one point. We now have Frimpong out injured for ages and Song to leave, so we'll definitley sign at least one player for that position, which I assume will be M'Vila or Capoue, with Sahin and Biglia also able to play in a deep role. So basically, other than Llorente and Yanga Mbiwa, the only players we're being linked with are central midfielders.

Oh, and just to re-affirm the M'Vila news, Rennes have just signed Jean Makoun on loan from Villa, who is very much a holding midfielder.

Podolski - 9

Wilshere - 10

Cazorla - 19

Park - 30

WHo are these 2 players, Llew, I'd admit my knowledge of French football is lacking. Details, man!

Cheick M'bengue's a Senegalese left-back. Haven't watched him. 'No better than Kieran Gibbs, but a very strong tackler' according to Matt Spiro.

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, on the other hand, I have seen quite a bit of. Similar to Koscielny on the pitch, but a bit smaller. Can play as a right-back and left-back too :thup:

Aye you cant blame him for leaving, he was with us for 8 or so seasons and over that time has seen wenger and the arsenal's board lack of back bone to progress the club, whether its arsenes reluctance to spend money or the board to provide it, they are the real people to blame for our continuing loss of players, personally i think we will be stuck in the same situation till we sell our club to someone willing to pay the wages that City or Chelsea do(in other words buy the league)

Hmm, maybe keep him till Sunday then. I think he'll suit Barca really well tbh, he can tackle if he want, but he can also play the hollywood ball too. Sad to see him leave, I will applaud when/if he returns to the Emirates with Barca.

May I ask why all my Arsenal supporting mates and on twitter I see people saying 'RVP moved for the money etc'

He moved to a better club and let's face it far more likely of winning trophies than Arsenal? Can't you accept that. *and he's gonna get more k's on the side. All these factors into one makes me wonder why the fans are saying it's all to do with money.

Archived