Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

Think my mind was still chuckling at ajw's earlier claim that he has "sources." ;)

You do realise that was a joke yeah?

And Mertesacker was a good buy. Chamberlain was a good buy. Benayoun was a good loan signing. Talking crap again Scoot.

And Biglia then eh? Is he actually any good?

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what sort of player is biglia? is he the ball winning-esque song replacement?

doesnt bring the same physical presence, but he has good distribution, looked good in that pre-season tournie we had with southampton and anderlect(his team)

I'm not even going to disguise the fact that the following is a fantasy football related question.

Is Santi Cazorla going to play regularly? Has he been playing in pre-season? I want to pick him, but there's too many players for those slots behind Giroud.

I'm not even going to disguise the fact that the following is a fantasy football related question.

Is Santi Cazorla going to play regularly? Has he been playing in pre-season? I want to pick him, but there's too many players for those slots behind Giroud.

Im pretty sure he will play, he played the only game he could in preseason against Cologne and looked good to me, he was roaming all over the field, i would imagine our line up will be Szczęsny, Gibbs, Verminator, Koscielny, Sagna, song, arteta, rosicky, walcott, cazorla, giroud (if all are fit and still at the club at start of the season)

Rosicky is injured. And Podolski starts for us. Cazorla will play most of his games through the middle.

ah yes my mind went completely blank in regards to podolski:eek:

you guys seen they put us back in the lead to sign nuri sahin instead of liverpool on skysports?

Pretty sure we wouldn't have the squad space for two midfielders.

Aye we dont really but id rather have those two than say injury prone diaby and the aging injury prone rosicky, even though rosickys had increasingly good past couple of seasons i just feel hes nearing the end of his arsenal career, all personal opinion of course.

Frimpong is out forever, Wilshere wont be back for a long time, Chamberlain can be used out wide, Rosicky wont be back for a while. Oh, and we can't rely on Diaby.

Also, I have a suspicion that Ramsey will be loaned out.

Wenger looks long term so Wilshere being out unless its for the season is pointless. Chamberlain will be moved to the middle and Wenger does rely on Diaby when counting his squad as he has to. Rosicky I have no idea about tbh

I think Ramsey will stay

Yep. It's ludicrous. I imagine Frimpong would be loaned out, and maybe Wenger is contemplating converting Coquelin to a fullback, but even then it's too many.

I really don't know how you expect us to make all these new signings you keep talking about, ajw. Unless we somehow manage to ship out all the deadwood (and that looks increasingly unlikely), there's just no way we can fit them all in, let alone keep control of the wagebill.

all i want to see is us hold out for a good fee for song (closer to £20million, maybe some clauses, can't stand seeing barca demand players at a lower value than they're worth) and then replace him with someone who's going to be playing this defensive role in our midfield successfully.

and people seem convinced capoue is good for that

all i want to see is us hold out for a good fee for song (closer to £20million, maybe some clauses, can't stand seeing barca demand players at a lower value than they're worth) and then replace him with someone who's going to be playing this defensive role in our midfield successfully.

and people seem convinced capoue is good for that

totally agree with you, loved the fact Koscielny turned them down to stay with us.

some news lads. Bartley is having a medical with Swansea, Arshavins number 23 has been removed at the club shop. (Must be off surely?) and rumours are that the number 10 shirt is going to.... Jack Wilshere.

Also, remember that rumour at us getting Angel Rangel and Swansea getting at least one player from us on loan? Well the last part has come true...

2 days til the new season and still the squad isn't shaped. How can we go into the first game with the same old defence, particularly the full backs?? This should have been sorted weeks ago.

Yeah is pretty worrying, he went striker crazy instead of improving ALL area's of the squad, we had something like a crazy number of 25+ different back four combinations, when you think that most title challenging sides have a consistent back four for the majority of a season i think we did pretty well, cause that cant be good for getting familiar with your partners.

/o\

Thought Arshavin might be a really good sub choice if he could perform in that AMC role some games this season. Maybe it's for the best we get him off our wage bill though, despite all those awful performances out wide we watched from him I do hope he does well. You can't help but like Andrei.

totally agree with you, loved the fact Koscielny turned them down to stay with us.

He did? Don't remember that. Was that around the time he signed his new contract?

2 days til the new season and still the squad isn't shaped. How can we go into the first game with the same old defence, particularly the full backs?? This should have been sorted weeks ago.

It could be worse. At least we have more than one striker. ;)

RVP's future was clear after this was published http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/49f4621a-aab2-11e1-9331-00144feabdc0.html#axzz23kFkxSel this article was written by his friend and RVP was clearly involved to an extent.

Hunter has now said that RVP has been talking to Man U for 7-8 months and said to Cesc last season if there were no trophies won this season he was off.

Not sure how much of that is true...

some news lads. Bartley is having a medical with Swansea, Arshavins number 23 has been removed at the club shop. (Must be off surely?) and rumours are that the number 10 shirt is going to.... Jack Wilshere.

I got Wilshere 19 on my shirt this year :o

Mundo Deportivo reporting that Arsenal want €25 million for Alex Song. Good valuation.

I think that Barça will probably meet that someway or another. Think we'd accept a few clauses, providing it's guaranteed money. No need, especially with £22 million coming from Robin van Persie, to get the majority up front.

What is a dedicated arsenal man? People will move on for greater job reward financially and in terms of trophies. The only arsenal player who I would consider truly loyal is Jenkinson. With Song I believe we are pushing him out as we expect trouble in the future.

What is a dedicated arsenal man? People will move on for greater job reward financially and in terms of trophies. The only arsenal player who I would consider truly loyal is Jenkinson. With Song I believe we are pushing him out as we expect trouble in the future.

Edited 'dedicated Arsenal man' - what was I thinking when writing that?

I'd add Emmanuel Frimpong to that list too. Arsène's not been impressed with his agent, who is David Dein apparently, offering him around clubs. Allegedly, Song's been openly stating that he should be at bigger and 'better' things. Definitely replaceable.

Archived