Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

Considering you guys have not won the league since 2004 and nothing since your 2005 FA Cup win I am surprised he stayed with you guys so long

He hadn't done very much before last season and a bit of the season before though, nobody was really interested in him

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Considering you guys have not won the league since 2004 and nothing since your 2005 FA Cup win I am surprised he stayed with you guys so long

Well, if he'd stayed fit and been in the form he was in last season four or five years ago he probably would have left then.

Having said that, if he was fit and in that form we probably would have won something!

Wenger and Gazidis are dead to me.

Selling your best player to them lot is unforgivable. Now we know the club has ZERO ambition to compete.

This is Wenger's last season, I guarantee it. If RvP is not replaced NOW with a big name like Llorente then there will be real trouble at the grove over the next few weeks from the fans.

Every club out there now knows we will sell if they are willing to put the money up. How is that acceptable in any circumstances?

Utter utter shambles.

Every club out there now knows we will sell if they are willing to put the money up. How is that acceptable in any circumstances?

Utter utter shambles.

What's the alternative, keep him for another year, keep paying his not inconsiderable wages, only to lose him on a free next summer? We'd look like right mugs if he got injured and was out all season, or if he didn't perform.

Seen quite a few posts on forums about Llorente and i think he is a very good player, i just not sure we will ever get the best out of a player of his type. For the last 5 or so years we keep signing and trying to develop these big physical Centre forwards and have just signed another one in Giroud but other than Adebayor none have been a success but he had very good pace to go with his size.

I still think our deliver is not consistently good enough to take advantage and personally would love us to go after a pacey quick footed finisher, no clue who that maybe though.

could maybe see Theo get given more of a go up-front if he stays?

Why would he now he knows we will never compete for a trophy?

Face it, the good times at Arsenal are long gone. Wenger and Gazidis are to blame, there is no chance of a major trophy yet again this season.

Do you know what? After Cazorla signed, I felt uplifted and optimistic going into a new season for the first time in 8 years. I thought RvP would see we've become a force again and that this time we were going for the big time.

It's all gone. If RvP had moved to Juve I would have hated it but accepted it. But for Wenger and the board to allow him to leave for Manure, that's like someone knifing your dog to death in front of your eyes and then making you eat it. All hope for the coming season is gone. Even if the new signings play well and we perform as we did last season, United were already much better than us and have now become even stronger. How in the name of Greek buggery is that acceptable in any way?

Do you know what? After Cazorla signed, I felt uplifted and optimistic going into a new season for the first time in 8 years. I thought RvP would see we've become a force again and that this time we were going for the big time.

It's all gone. If RvP had moved to Juve I would have hated it but accepted it. But for Wenger and the board to allow him to leave for Manure, that's like someone knifing your dog to death in front of your eyes and then making you eat it. All hope for the coming season is gone. Even if the new signings play well and we perform as we did last season, United were already much better than us and have now become even stronger. How in the name of Greek buggery is that acceptable in any way?

Oh my :D

Sy just the gift that keeps on giving

What if Man Utd were the only team willing to pay the asking price? What if Man Utd were the only club ACTUALLY interested in RVP? What then? Would you rather we kept a player who knew he'd be leaving at the end of the season, and then let him go for free?

Jesus, think about it man.

Nice Munich reference. Lowlife.

Blimey that's dark, how do you come up with that?!

Yeah I am shocked he didn't get a big money move whilst he spent three years on the treatment table....

Is this Michael Foster? How the merry feck are you a moderator?

i doubt it is, surely its just an immature arsenal fan making a word play of man united abbreviation and calling them ****? :D if there is a munich reference, i doubt most people know of it :D

Considering that it's been discussed on this forum a number of times over the last few years, then I'm pretty sure most know it's a reference to Munich?

Considering that it's been discussed on this forum a number of times over the last few years, then I'm pretty sure most know it's a reference to Munich?

Never heard of that in my life.

It's clearly not a reference to Munich, it's Sy being a bit of a plank. Calm down.

What if Man Utd were the only team willing to pay the asking price? What if Man Utd were the only club ACTUALLY interested in RVP? What then? Would you rather we kept a player who knew he'd be leaving at the end of the season, and then let him go for free?

Jesus, think about it man.

Yes, I would have made him stay. If he sulks, refuses to perform, or even refuses to play then who is going to give him the £140,000 a week contract we offered to an injury prone 30 year old?? That's right, NO-ONE!!!

Getting £20m now means feck all if we cannot earn it back by competing strongly and winning trophies. Haven't you ever heard of risk vs reward?? The risk is we lose him for free, but the reward is we could win a major major honour and cover the cost. As long as we keep selling off our best assets we will never earn more money from titles, sponsorships etc.

AW and Gazidis keep spouting on about running a good business but who of any sanity will ever want to sponsor a club that is drifting away like a Liverpool Mk2????

It's all gone. If RvP had moved to Juve I would have hated it but accepted it. But for Wenger and the board to allow him to leave for Manure, that's like someone knifing your dog to death in front of your eyes and then making you eat it. All hope for the coming season is gone.

:applause:

Step forward Olivier Giroud

My personal favourite from this. Evidently going 38 games unbeaten wasn't good enough :D

My personal favourite from this. Evidently going 38 games unbeaten wasn't good enough :D

Ffs, ok 7 years you utter pedant. You think you're proving some kind of point despite knowing precisely what i was getting at?

I'm assuming the 13 on your username refers to age? Or iq?

Whilst not ideal selling rvp to man utd, we've got £24m for a 29y/o player who had had 1.5 v.good seasons and in the last year of his contract.

Wenger will never say he will replace him in interviews so lets just hope there are plans to replace him

really? first i've heard of this.

in all of this looking from the outside, i just never imagined his destination would be united.

How so? I thought it was a reference to manure... as in manure. *insert confused smiley*

I'm assuming the 13 on your username refers to age? Or iq?

Hahahahaha, that's actually quite brilliant. Here, have a free Internet!!

I'm assuming the 9334 in your name is the number of times you're wrong every week.

Hey look, I can play this game too, what immense fun it is. Tsk tsk.

Ffs.

Hahahahaha, that's actually quite brilliant. Here, have a free Internet!!

I'm assuming the 9334 in your name is the number of times you're wrong every week.

Hey look, I can play this game too, what immense fun it is. Tsk tsk.

Ffs.

Try to steer clear of Craig levels of embarrassment.

If and when AFc win absolutely nothing again this year then TV5, Cazorla, and Chesney will be off next summer. This has been happening for many years now and the common denominator is Wenger and the board.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

Arsenal FC is dead as a competitive football club until MAJOR changes are made from the top down.

In a simpler time before I'd found this forum, I once sat next to a bloke on the tube who poked me in the arm, over and over again, and simply repeated "I blame the manager, it'll be alright in the morning". I'm wondering now if that was in fact, our very own Sy13

Archived