Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

You do if they are offering the most money.

Well i say most money if it is substantially more you do, if there is only a miillion or two difference between man utd and juventus then you think about it.

Rubbish.

Juve are not one of our fiercest rivals. I don't care if United are offering £30m, AFc should laugh at them for even trying to sign their best players.

You do NOT sell the best players to them lot. Why don't we flog TV5 to Spurs whilst we're at it???

Enough.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if he stays it'll be a sort of "go big or go home" deal. Maybe they worked out a deal where RvP stay for one more season. If we're successful (eg. win the league) then he signs, and if we're not, RvP walks.

Still, I think we should sell him. I don't like the idea of someone who already made such a negative statement about the club playing for us.

I'd rather get the most money possible in order to buy the number 1 player i want than take less and only be able to sign my second or third option. I want to get the players i can get in for my squad not worry about anyone else and in the end the player is only going to leave for the team he wants to go to, you can't just flog him off to the team you want him to go this isn't American sports.

I'd rather get the most money possible in order to buy the number 1 player i want than take less and only be able to sign my second or third option. I want to get the players i can get in for my squad not worry about anyone else and in the end the player is only going to leave for the team he wants to go to, you can't just flog him off to the team you want him to go this isn't American sports.

This is utter bull.

Juventus have £70m set aside to sign RvP. That includes transfer fee, signing on fee, agents fees, wages. The transfer would be between £15-20m. That's a lot of money for a 29 year old injury prone judas with one year on his contract left. Not only that but it means he cannot play against us in the Premiership, a title we are trying to win by the way!

Are you telling me we couldn't afford to put another £5-10m to that for Llorente or someone else of equal ability?

Ffs get a grip.

because the 'opposition' offer us a hell of a lot more money.

Brilliant.

So instead of taking around £20m from Juve, let's sell him to United for an extra £5m instead and therefore guarantee we won't finish inside the top 2 this season.

Where is your logic?? Please, explain it to me because you just cannot justify selling him to United in any way.

This is utter bull.

Juventus have £70m set aside to sign RvP. That includes transfer fee, signing on fee, agents fees, wages. The transfer would be between £15-20m. That's a lot of money for a 29 year old injury prone judas with one year on his contract left. Not only that but it means he cannot play against us in the Premiership, a title we are trying to win by the way!

Are you telling me we couldn't afford to put another £5-10m to that for Llorente or someone else of equal ability?

Ffs get a grip.

And if RVP doesn't want to join Juventus how are you going to make him sign for them?

And if RVP doesn't want to join Juventus how are you going to make him sign for them?

Then I'd make him stay at Arsenal.

It is not in RvP's interests to sulk if made to stay. He is 29, injury prone, and would HAVE to perform highly for there to be any interest next summer when he's free.

Then I'd make him stay at Arsenal.

It is not in RvP's interests to sulk if made to stay. He is 29, injury prone, and would HAVE to perform highly for there to be any interest next summer when he's free.

That's an excellent idea. Refuse £25m from Manchester United, keep RvP for a season and then let RvP go to Manchester United for free.

That's an excellent idea. Refuse £25m from Manchester United, keep RvP for a season and then let RvP go to Manchester United for free.

Ok, let's take the £25m, not spend it, and guarantee ourselves 4th or 5th spot at best :rolleyes:

Why sell him to one of our biggest rivals?

Once again, where is your logic???????

I thought I was on your ignore list anyway so why are you wasting my time?

well, we've spent £36m so far, so who is to say we wont spend it? 4th or 5th at best? STOP BEING SO NEEDLESSLY NEGATIVE.

And you are, but unfortunately, this page is unreadable and people keep quoting you.

Where is your evidence to suggest we can finish above City, United and Chelsea if RvP goes to United?

Needlessly negative? RvP is about to go to Man Utd and you think my negativity is needless???

Please, put me back on your ignore list.

well, we've spent £36m so far, so who is to say we wont spend it? 4th or 5th at best? STOP BEING SO NEEDLESSLY NEGATIVE.

And you are, but unfortunately, this page is unreadable and people keep quoting you.

Isn't it closer to 40m?

Giroud reported to be 13m, Cazorla = 15m and Podolski = 11m

Although the dailyfail has Cazorla on as 16.5m (maybe with add-ons)

It's clear that RVP wants to go to man u. Not sure wenger will let him go there or be complicit in him ending up there without a premium. If they pay big money I don't care. We aren't really competing with them anyway.

rvp really is scum if he goes there though, i thought he might end up staying for the season and it turned out like rooney, maybe not though. really sad if he goes to united as well, worst place to see him go.

complains about not having a squad to challenge with, they give him it and he still persists. disappointing.

Little late but, Santiiiiiii :)

Will be disappointed if RVP goes to Utd, wouldn't really care if he went to City, would still like him as a player, but Utd would really annoy me, I don't know why, but it just would.

Probably need a versatile defender and a midfielder (then possibly a ST if RVP leaves) still so hopefully get that all done before the 18th August.

It's clear that RVP wants to go to man u. Not sure wenger will let him go there or be complicit in him ending up there without a premium. If they pay big money I don't care. We aren't really competing with them anyway.

What???

Who are we competing with then??

What an outrageous thing to say. United have finished above us every year since 2004 so if we're not competing with them we are happy to be also-rans, is that right?

I suppose you believe that finishing 4th without spending much money is like a trophy as well do you?

rvp really is scum if he goes there though, i thought he might end up staying for the season and it turned out like rooney, maybe not though. really sad if he goes to united as well, worst place to see him go.

complains about not having a squad to challenge with, they give him it and he still persists. disappointing.

Agree with this. It was always about the money - if he still insists AFc's ambition doesn't match his own after the recent signings then he's worse than Nasri and Cashley in my opinion.

What???

Who are we competing with then??

What an outrageous thing to say. United have finished above us every year since 2004 so if we're not competing with them we are happy to be also-rans, is that right?

I suppose you believe that finishing 4th without spending much money is like a trophy as well do you?

Hardly outrageous to suggest that we financially can't compete and thus realistically we don't or will struggle to compete with them on the pitch. If we do Wenger is helping us fight above our weight if we don't it's mostly to do with our lack of resources in comparison. People need to get real about what we are capable of due to the financial restrictions. 4th is no longer a disappointment.

Of course we are competing with them :D What a defeatist attitude to have.

the chances are that at the end of the season we won't be fighting for the title but I am more confident than I was that we will

Hardly outrageous to suggest that we financially can't compete and thus realistically we don't or will struggle to compete with them on the pitch. If we do Wenger is helping us fight above our weight if we don't it's mostly to do with our lack of resources in comparison. People need to get real about what we are capable of due to the financial restrictions. 4th is no longer a disappointment.

FFS

Just wow.

So in other words you are happy and satisfied to finish 4th every year without a trophy whilst being a feeder club to the richer teams?

Unbelievable.

I think we can challenge for the title with or without Robin van Persie. And if Song goes I assume we will go in for M'Vila. So I'm still confident.

I dunno about without, i do worry about the lack of fire power when we sell Van persie and i don't see wenger buying another striker.

I dunno about without, i do worry about the lack of fire power when we sell Van persie and i don't see wenger buying another striker.

Earlier you said...

I'd rather get the most money possible in order to buy the number 1 player i want than take less and only be able to sign my second or third option. I want to get the players i can get in for my squad...

But now you're saying you want him to stay because you don't trust AW to replace him properly.

Make your mind up.

I think RvP's transfer saga is perhaps more complicated than some of us think. It's easy to say that we should decline Man Utd's offer, but we don't know the full details of why they might be the favourites.

Maybe RvP doesn't want to go to Italy, and he doesn't want to go to Man City, where Aguero, Tevez, and Balotelli offer him too much competition. So he's pushing hard for Man Utd.

Perhaps Juventus only offered 10m, while the Manchester club offered 20m. We might think we don't need the extra 10m, if it means not strengthening a rival, but Arsenal is a business, and the books have to be balanced somehow.

We don't really have the option of keeping him because that's essentially paying tens of millions of pounds to keep an unhappy player.

Personally, I'm quite happy with the squad, especially if we strengthen further. I don't think our biggest weakness is the personnel anyway. That's never been my belief. I think it's how we play as a team, that's the biggest problem. The way we're somewhat one-dimensional in attack, and how undisciplined and unorganized we are in defense. Improving our team play, imho, is probably the biggest improvement we can make to the team right now.

RvP has every right to want to move elsewhere. Given Arsenal's chronic lack of success in recent years and (until this summer) underinvestment, who can blame him?

Yes the club stood by him while he was injured and off-form blah blah blah. But the club did so because it was in the best interests of the club to look after a clearly talented player.

I really don't understand the two-faced 'loyalty' of some football fans. You're all too happy to talk crap about Park Chu-Young because he hasn't been a success and offload him double-quick, regardless of whether or not the player wants to stay. But as soon as someone talented like RvP wants to leave they're suddenly they're a traitor and a mercenary. And if they actually want to move to a club that offers them a genuine chance of success - well, then they're scum to boot.

Earlier you said...

I'd rather get the most money possible in order to buy the number 1 player i want than take less and only be able to sign my second or third option. I want to get the players i can get in for my squad...

But now you're saying you want him to stay because you don't trust AW to replace him properly.

Make your mind up.

Er its quite simple, we are selling Van persie so get the most money we can. No point keeping him and getting nothing in return that hurts us in the short and long term.

And before you bring up Juventus it's clear he doesn't want to go there so its a moot point.

And if they actually want to move to a club that offers them a genuine chance of success - well, then they're scum to boot.

That's only because of his words and behavior.

He's the one who said he loves our club and that he's an Arsenal fan. He said he feels loved by Arsenal fans, and that he wants to repay us. If you love the club, you don't push for a move to Man Utd. If you love the club, you don't weaken us by issuing a statement that weakens our negotiating power in the market, and talk smack of the club's problems. Clichy, Toure, and even Cesc are examples of people who genuinely do respect out club.

Nobody is mad at him because he's looking out for his professional career. A lot of people are mad at him because his behaviors go against his sweet words.

RvP has every right to want to move elsewhere. Given Arsenal's chronic lack of success in recent years and (until this summer) underinvestment, who can blame him?

Yes the club stood by him while he was injured and off-form blah blah blah. But the club did so because it was in the best interests of the club to look after a clearly talented player.

I really don't understand the two-faced 'loyalty' of some football fans. You're all too happy to talk crap about Park Chu-Young because he hasn't been a success and offload him double-quick, regardless of whether or not the player wants to stay. But as soon as someone talented like RvP wants to leave they're suddenly they're a traitor and a mercenary. And if they actually want to move to a club that offers them a genuine chance of success - well, then they're scum to boot.

Because Park never has and never will be good enough for Sunderland let alone Arsenal. He was signed to sell shirts in Asia and not to improve the squad.

That's only because of his words and behavior.

He's the one who said he loves our club and that he's an Arsenal fan. He said he feels loved by Arsenal fans, and that he wants to repay us. If you love the club, you don't push for a move to Man Utd. If you love the club, you don't weaken us by issuing a statement that weakens our negotiating power in the market, and talk smack of the club's problems. Clichy, Toure, and even Cesc are examples of people who genuinely do respect out club.

Nobody is mad at him because he's looking out for his professional career. A lot of people are mad at him because his behaviors go against his sweet words.

He also said he will never play for another Premiership club.

FFSJust wow. So in other words you are happy and satisfied to finish 4th every year without a trophy whilst being a feeder club to the richer teams?Unbelievable.
As it stands i would be content with 4th place and good performances in the other competitons. As for a feeder club I am not happy with that but with our contract situations it's what we should expect

Archived