Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really excited about this summer. Everyone trustable on twitter has guaranteed a big summer and a broken transfer record, not that that'll be to difficult.
John Cross and Matt Law trustworthy? Nah.

I'd take Kolo as a 4th choice as well. Such a legend. He can teach our players a thing or two about being part of a truly great team (and I'm not talking about the title-winning MAn City side ;))

Some interesting stuff coming from the AST meeting apparently. Told due to new sponsorship deals Arsenal have £70m minimum up to £100m to spend on transfers before wages, Sahin and Mata were both 'done deals' and Wenger expected to break his transfer record this summer. 17+ players to leave, but all departures will be entirely by choice, no contract issues forcing hands and we don't need to make money.

Still remain skeptical as always but all early words out of the club is that this is the summer where we really invest. Fingers crossed eh?

If Sahin and Mata were both done deals, how did we mess them up and lost both?

Also, where are you getting all this info?

I saw that we dilly dallied with Mata, but Wenger backed out (after photo's and everything official was one) on the Sahin deal as he was worried he was too slow.

I saw it all on Twitter.

I don't think we'll see anything close to 70m, but I also don't think we need anything that much.

I highly doubt Wenger will change his way so much that we'll splash 30 million on anyone, or maybe even 19 million. Having said that, I don't think we need those signings.

Cazorla came for what? 15m? That's not a big transfer by Champions League standards, yet he's turn out wonderful. Wenger needs to stop making bargain signings like Park, Silvestre, Le Squid, and Chamakh (not including youngsters like Sanogo who could turn out fine like Jenkinson.) Wenger's best buys since the move to the Emirates have been mid-range buys (by UCL standards.) Sagna, Mertesacker, Arteta, Koscielny were all brought in for 10million or less, I believe.

It'd be great to have truly world class talent again. The one position I think we need that is the striker. However, everywhere else, I'd be more than happy with more Koscielny-esque signings.

Cazorla is a special case, in normal circumstances you are looking at paying £20m plus for him. We're going to have to spend that sort of money if we want a top class striker. We won't pick one up for £10m

Going back to Dales post, where he said 17+ players leaving, it would certainly mean a lot of dead wood will be got rid. Diaby is injured so he wont go :(

Eastmond has gone, Arshavin and Sqillaci will leave at end of their contracts.

I hope to see the following leave: Chamakh, Bendtner, Denilson, Djourou, Santos, Park.

TBH, I'm not that bothered about Sahin considering how it all turned out at Liverpool.

He is a top player but was never used properly at Liverpool. I still think whoever he is with next season will be happy.

Tancredi Palmeri now saying on twitter that we've matched the €30 million asking price for Jovetic and barring Juve coming over the top of us then he's ours.

As far as I know he isn't reliable though so I won't get excited yet.

Going back to Dales post, where he said 17+ players leaving, it would certainly mean a lot of dead wood will be got rid. Diaby is injured so he wont go :(

Eastmond has gone, Arshavin and Sqillaci will leave at end of their contracts.

I hope to see the following leave: Chamakh, Bendtner, Denilson, Djourou, Santos, Park.

Loads of youths/reserves are leaving too. Meade, Angha, Ebecilio etc.

I don't think we'll see anything close to 70m, but I also don't think we need anything that much.

I highly doubt Wenger will change his way so much that we'll splash 30 million on anyone, or maybe even 19 million. Having said that, I don't think we need those signings.

Cazorla came for what? 15m? That's not a big transfer by Champions League standards, yet he's turn out wonderful. Wenger needs to stop making bargain signings like Park, Silvestre, Le Squid, and Chamakh (not including youngsters like Sanogo who could turn out fine like Jenkinson.) Wenger's best buys since the move to the Emirates have been mid-range buys (by UCL standards.) Sagna, Mertesacker, Arteta, Koscielny were all brought in for 10million or less, I believe.

It'd be great to have truly world class talent again. The one position I think we need that is the striker. However, everywhere else, I'd be more than happy with more Koscielny-esque signings.

I think we will surpass our transfer record this summer. It is all lining up to such an extent that such big moves wouldn't shock me. I want many Koscelnys but it's difficult to find them and we need someone who is ready now and Koscielny had some really poor moments in his first season. We need to spend that sort of money and last of all Wenger will need to get the squad into the chasing pack whether he actually does is another matter. I personally think he will because it's the best way of ensuring he gets a new contract

Also I think this news is premature on Jovetic. I think it is clear we are very interested in him and Higuain as are Juve it seems

Higuain is better than Jovetic, more proven and less injury prone.
He's not that injury prone. He had that cruciate injury which meant he missed out a whole season a couple of years back but his games tally for his seasons pre and post that season out aren't that of an injury prone player.

He's not that injury prone. He had that cruciate injury which meant he missed out a whole season a couple of years back but his games tally for his seasons pre and post that season out aren't that of an injury prone player.

That kind of injury makes him more prone to other injuries though. I'm just stating, all things considered I think Higuain is a much better buy (and for a lower transfer fee).

I don't watch much Italian football so haven't seen Jovetic play too often. Am I right in thinking that he's a technically strong second striker kind of player, rather than a pure finisher?

Yes, he's a second striker. Signing him would indicate a change in formation unless Wenger is going to do what he usually does and play him out of position.

Archived