Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was the Juan Mata deal last Summer even as advanced as this?

I wonder if Cazorla wasn't Spanish, we'd all be more confident in signing him. There's no viable grounds on which you can say it will be 'another Mata situation'. (That's not mean to sound bitter, by the way.)

Well if another club come in late to sign him then it'll be exactly like the Mata transfer.

is cazorla really that top class i seen clips on youtube of him and he looks technically very good but his stats are not amazing.

Last season for malaga played 38 scored 9 assists 5

Top class is Iniesta, so no, Cazorla is not in that league. But he's a very, very good player. It surprises me that Real want to ***** £30m on Modric and not just buy Cazorla instead, who is Spanish and cheaper. Though they are slightly different in the roles they full fill.

is cazorla really that top class i seen clips on youtube of him and he looks technically very good but his stats are not amazing.

Using stats :D He played 34 games I believe and played all over midfield. He is top class.

Pretty sure Iniesta and Cazorla can both be considered top class.

Using stats :D He played 34 games I believe and played all over midfield. He is top class.

Well if Cazorla is considered 'top' class, then Iniesta must be 'top top top' class. Semantics, but they are not equals obviously. Though as I said, Caz is very very good, and I wish we could have bought him to replace the rat.

Good article about him by Sid Lowe (very good Guardian and SI journalist). I don't watch La Liga much myself, but Sid rates him very highly.

Iniesta is a more complete inside dribbler/playmaker

Cazorla is more of a roaming winger/ secondary playmaker

Pretty much on a lower level than Iniesta and Silva but on the same level of Mata imo

We are the north bank who are apparently very reliable are saying it will be completed tomorrow for 22million euros which would make him our record signing. He was our main target for the playmaker role alongside Goetze and Ganso.

I still think we need a striker if RvP leaves.

The Sahin deal, although quite exciting, doesn't make a lot of sense unless someone leaves. It wasn't long ago Wenger said we were already full in the DM and B2B departments. Could we see someone like Song leaves?

It appears some will never give Ramsey a second chance now, even when he does well they will still find fault.

Admittedly he was poor last season, but he has done well for team GB, and I hope he gets a chance with us again. he was so overused last year, in what was his first full season back after serious injury.

I can see him doing really well for a few seasons, getting into the last year of his contract, not signing, and those who booed him accusing him of lack of loyalty

I still think we need a striker if RvP leaves.

The Sahin deal, although quite exciting, doesn't make a lot of sense unless someone leaves. It wasn't long ago Wenger said we were already full in the DM and B2B departments. Could we see someone like Song leaves?

Wenger lies all the time. He was always looking at another midfielder especially with Wilshere's injury record.

Yeah I think this is why the deal is dragging on. Pretty sure Sahin wants there to be a loan to buy option.

This Song to Barcelona stuff is unnerving. Getting a bit concerned now. If he does go we need to go in for M'Vila, not just rely on Sahin.

Ryo is going to Wigan on loan by the looks of things.

It appears some will never give Ramsey a second chance now, even when he does well they will still find fault.

Admittedly he was poor last season, but he has done well for team GB, and I hope he gets a chance with us again. he was so overused last year, in what was his first full season back after serious injury.

I can see him doing really well for a few seasons, getting into the last year of his contract, not signing, and those who booed him accusing him of lack of loyalty

He is an exciting player with lots ability. Just hope the majority of fans support him. I think he could have a good season

Yeah I think this is why the deal is dragging on. Pretty sure Sahin wants there to be a loan to buy option.

This Song to Barcelona stuff is unnerving. Getting a bit concerned now. If he does go we need to go in for M'Vila, not just rely on Sahin.

Madrid don't want one and that in essence is the issues with the deal it seems. Song to Barca is hardly surprising considering who his agent is and his contract situation. I doubt we would go for M'Vila as the club seemingly see his price as too high and Rennes don't see the need to reduce it. We have been linked to Wanyama of Celtic who is a holding mid as far as I understand.

Good move for Ryo

Song to Barca doesn't make sense to me, they have baskets & mascherano just signed a new deal! They never usually have more than 2 players in each position.

Song to Barca doesn't make sense to me, they have baskets & mascherano just signed a new deal! They never usually have more than 2 players in each position.

It would be to play at Cb or Keita replacement. Two birds with one stone

Ryo to Wigan and Afobe to Bolton both good moves.

Sahin and Cazorla nearing ever closer also which is brilliant.

If Song goes, I think that clears the way for M'Vila/Capoue to come in, as he is primarily our defensive midfielder and not a passing wizard.

Also, which match would you choose out of the home games vs Sunderland and Southampton? Wanna go see us before I go back to uni and they're the only viable options (will be on my lonesome though).

I know very little of the Malaga squad, who else do they have who we might be interested in?

Well, there's Isco - young Spanish attacking midfielder, looks like he'll be a real player. Can't really see us going for him as well as Cazorla though.

Sergio Busquets has been speaking about Alex Song... on Barça's official website! This is what he's said;

"Song is a very good player. Young, hard-working and physically strong."

He was asked about particular defensive midfielder targets, but why to Barça have to put it on their website?

Archived