Sports Interactive Community
Retro

Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

I don't know why we get ourselves in a good position then decide to be inept for the last 20 minutes of that half.

It's the Arsenal that we have come to know and get frustrated by, bad decisions aside, like you say we've been abysmal since about the half hour mark!

How is Mike Dean still allowed to referee our games?
You'd think by now he'd try and scotch the reputation by helping us out, but he doesn't. He must really hate us.

You'd think by now he'd try and scotch the reputation by helping us out, but he doesn't. He must really hate us.

In the match thread it was just mentioned we've won 1 out of 19 with Mike Dean in charge :mad:

How is Mike Dean still allowed to referee our games?
Least of our problem, me thinks

Least of our problem, me thinks

Well we're winning at half time if he does his job so not the least of our worries at all.

We're already at a disadvantage when he's refereeing our game.

Well we're winning at half time if he does his job so not the least of our worries at all.

We're already at a disadvantage when he's refereeing our game.

We'd be winning if Podolski did his job on the wall too :)

WTF Cazorla :(

You'd think they were the side going for CL at the moment. They're playing the better football.

**** yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great great ball by Cazorla. Wlacott was so Ljungberg-esque....I got tears of pride :)

Ramsey is being a bit of a nightmare ATM.

Podolski starting :D Oh dear. I'm sticking by my 0-0 prediction.

Thanks for the counter-jinx bro :)

Ramsey is being a bit of a nightmare ATM.

Gotta love 'em counter-jinx. Keep it up, boys! :)

Wtf, I thought Jacky Wilshere was suppose to have a surgery on his ankle. He's fit to play? O_o

Wtf, I thought Jacky Wilshere was suppose to have a surgery on his ankle. He's fit to play? O_o

Surgery is at the end of the season.

Gotta love 'em counter-jinx. Keep it up, boys! :)

I'll be moaning about the whole side on Sunday... and bigging up Newcastle as well.

When a team lets Walcott play he's just amazing. Man of the match for me.

4 Assists Cazorla for me

Sagna was rather quiet, but if it wasn't for Pod not jumping to block the freekick, our defense would have another cleansheet under their belt as well.

He was not excellent, was decent. Cazorla definitely MOTM for sure.

Yeah Santi was MoM. He nearly scored a couple as well.

If Arsenal win 2-1 away to Newcastle and Chelsea draw 0-0, what happens?

Chelsea finish 3rd on goals scored?

Goes to goals scored I think? Chelsea have scored 73 and we have 67 currently.

Add the 4 on from tonight, plus the hypothetical two at Newcastle...

Add the 4 on from tonight, plus the hypothetical two at Newcastle...

Ooh yeah, BBC didn't update their table yet.

A 2-1 win and a goaless Chelsea game puts GF and GA exactly the same.

Should be results against each other... but it's probably something daft like position in the alphabet! :D

From the Premier League handbook:

If at the end of the Season either the League Champions or the Clubs to be relegated or the question of qualification for other competitions cannot be determined because 2 or more Clubs are equal on points, goal difference and goals scored, the Clubs concerned shall play off one or more deciding League Matches on neutral grounds, the format, timing and venue of which shall be determined by the Board.

So yeah, playoff.

If that happens imagine if it was at White Hart Lane.

And only Spurs fans are allowed to attend :D

Thanks for the counter-jinx bro :)

Come on, I know he got two goals but he was awful again. I hope Giroud is put straight back in.

Theo is ****ing brilliant. I love Santi, but Theo was MOTM for me today. Just on it for 90 minutes.

Come on, I know he got two goals but he was awful again. I hope Giroud is put straight back in.

Theo is ****ing brilliant. I love Santi, but Theo was MOTM for me today. Just on it for 90 minutes.

I don't think anyone here is arguing that Podolski lit the place on fire. However, I find, those that complained about our poor performances against the likes of Fulham and QPR, are also the same people who complained that we don't know how to "win ugly." Tha we don't know how to get results even when we don't play well.

At this point in the season, only results matter. Podolski didn't play well, but he got 2 goals, and that's all that mattered.

Walcott always do well in open games. He, like the rest of the squad, really struggle when teams defend very deep against us.

Great result, love the fact we can catch Chelsea too. Let's do this :mad:.

From the Premier League handbook:

If at the end of the Season either the League Champions or the Clubs to be relegated or the question of qualification for other competitions cannot be determined because 2 or more Clubs are equal on points, goal difference and goals scored, the Clubs concerned shall play off one or more deciding League Matches on neutral grounds, the format, timing and venue of which shall be determined by the Board.

So yeah, playoff.

Should go down to head to head because we done the double over Arsenal :p

Should go down to the team that has the least John Terry's in their squad.

Should go down to the team that has the least John Terry's in their squad.

That wouldn't be right, because then the likes of Man City and Spurs would win, even though they're more plentiful in the Adebayor and Nasri department.

I think on a night when we've had the rather tragic "Ooooh well Wigan have won more trophies than Arsenal in the last 8 years" comment I feel the following is in order:

It should be decided on who has won the most league championships. Ooooohhh.

Arsenal can hammer Newcastle!! it NEEDS to be done!! i think if we fail to secure champions lge football for next season, we will fail to make the signings that we need to mount a proper title challenge!

also - DIABY! he is good when he isn't injured, but surely now he just isn't worth having because he is injured all the time and doesn't have any input to the team! shouldn't he just retire now?

also - DIABY! he is good when he isn't injured, but surely now he just isn't worth having because he is injured all the time and doesn't have any input to the team! shouldn't he just retire now?

This statement is almost entirely true, except the bit about him being good when he isn't injured.

This statement is almost entirely true, except the bit about him being good when he isn't injured.

well he wasnt TOO bad at the start of the season....but still, he has just become a waste on resources

Good win last night, but the job is only half done. We had a period of about 20-25 minutes where Wigan were arguably the better team. Fortunately Walcott popped up in the middle and it was game over. Walcott was also my MotM last night, but it was his willingness to try and take players on that impressed me the most. Far too often have I seen him check and roll the ball back to Sagna/Jenko. I want him to take the full back on and whip a cross in from the byline or cut inside and pull it back and he did that very well last night. Poldi did nothing but score two goals last night. I'm ok with that :D. And Cazorla was magnificent, as were Ramsey and Koscielny. Sagna on the other hand needs a full pre-season and get back to form. He got caught out on a number of occasions last night and it can't keep happening.

Sagna won't have a full pre season with us I'm afraid. I wish him all the best mind. One of few players that I feel sorry for on the trophy front.

Ermmm Ramsey definitely wasn't magnificent. That was probably his worst game of 2013.

I echo Retros thoughts on Diaby. Horrible player.

Ramsey seemed to turn into Phil Jones anytime he got forward last night. That's what he needs to improve on though, his decision making when he gets forward.

Ermmm Ramsey definitely wasn't magnificent. That was probably his worst game of 2013.

I echo Retros thoughts on Diaby. Horrible player.

Yeah, Ramsey's been much better of late, but he was all over the shop last night. Gets good marks for effort, but low marks for execution last night.