Sports Interactive Community
Retro

Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

I think statistically (goals and assists) he has, but in terms of consistency, perhaps not.

AVB on Szczesny remarks at Tottenham's "lack of quality": 'It would be a little more tolerable coming from a genuine Arsenal fan, not a player only passing through to another club' - Also claimed Woj had only just arrived at the club despite arriving in 2006.

AVB trying to live up to the Jose Mourinho mk 2 status? Although tbf Woj did deserve someone to put him in his place.

Henry 46 apps, 26 goals, 11 assists. Giroud 46 apps 17 goals and 10 assists. Not far off, but not quite the same level.

Drogba 41 apps, 16 goals and 5 assists. It's a decent debut season and hopefully he'll kick on from here.

Those AVB quotes are quite mental alright but Woj should keep his mouth shut until the season ends.

AVB's comments reek of insecurity. Any confident manager would have brushed that question aside. Yesterday I thought Szczesny's comment was silly but he has got into AVB's head rather impressively.

2006 Woj joined Arsenal, that's plenty of time to develop genuine hatred for Spurs! :cool:

2006 Woj joined Arsenal, that's plenty of time to develop genuine hatred for Spurs! :cool:

The Year of the Lasagna Gate :cool:

AVB's comments reek of insecurity. Any confident manager would have brushed that question aside. Yesterday I thought Szczesny's comment was silly but he has got into AVB's head rather impressively.

We’re Tottenham, we dont need a half decent, semi first choice GK from Arsenal to get our heads to go in a spin - we’re perfectly capable of that on our own :D

That is quite awesome.This wenger won't spend it is erroneous. It is misunderstanding of him also.

That's quite a kit deal. The article seems very matter of fact so is that definite then?

I really hope we get that 4th spot as I (maybe foolishly) am confident that this summer we'll actually show the ambition we've all wanted to see for the past few years.

Good news, I thought we'd blown it when there were reports that Adidas had pulled out of talks with us. Out of interest, whose kits do they do at the moment? Just for an idea of what sort of thing we might have in the future.

That ****er Gazidis. Rather useless isn't he ;)

Lets wait till its officially confirmed on Arsenal.com though, before we celebrate anything...

I like Money therefore I now like Puma. Gazidis has done an excellent job this year really.

It's worth following Tim Payton on twitter for sheer comedy. :D

He seems to really despise Arsenal.

Instead of mouthing off Woj should have tweeted a lasagne recipe or something

Surely someone has posted something like that to the club?

Makes you kinda nostalgic about the great Wenger, Fergie battles back in the day. Can't imagine Utd without Fergie....

I couldn't imagine the Permier League without Newcastle. You'll get used to it :)

I think this is a moment that only really Arsenal can relate with United. All right Wenger hasn't won as much as Ferguson, buts its gonna be really weird when Wenger retires, (I believe he will retire at Arsenal). Regardless of some peoples opinions on Wenger lately, its gonna be weird when he goes.

I don't know, Moyes-less Everton would be werid as well...

Never mind Ferguson, tell me this is real?

249031_10151577770599914_1372273807_n.jpg

Ah, I remember asking for Moyes to replace Wenger numerous times in this thread only to be shot down in flames by the fanboys. Now it seems one of the biggest European clubs of the last 20 years want him to take over from the greatest manager this country has ever seen. Suddenly Moyes doesn't seem like such a bad idea does it!?

Ah, I remember asking for Moyes to replace Wenger numerous times in this thread only to be shot down in flames by the fanboys. Now it seems one of the biggest European clubs of the last 20 years want him to take over from the greatest manager this country has ever seen. Suddenly Moyes doesn't seem like such a bad idea does it!?

What happened to staying out the thread until the end of the season? Or is your need to be perceived as "correct" and "right" so strong you can't resist?

Doesn't mean he'll be a good appointment. Bet we won't see you for dust if he does a **** job.

The reiging European champions appointed Rafa Benitez as manager, guess that means he'd be an even better choice than Moyes for Arsenal.

It still makes it a bad idea, yes.

Sy has posted we are screwed. Spurs win tonight and two loses await

Does anyone know where Kleberson and Djemba Djemba are? The greatest manager of all time signed them, they must be good. Quick, before someone else snatch them away!

Never mind Ferguson, tell me this is real?

249031_10151577770599914_1372273807_n.jpg

Yep, been around for ages. He was on a boat with David Dein a couple of years ago

Not sure how I've missed it then! As for tonight, I guess we're hoping for a draw? Chelsea win perhaps - anything other than Spurs nicking it

Spurs win and it's out of our hands completely, have to win both games and hope one of Chelsea or Spurs drop 2 or 3 points.

Chelsea putting on a good show so far :)

A shame Adebarndoor had one of his moments :(

Not sure how I've missed it then! As for tonight, I guess we're hoping for a draw? Chelsea win perhaps - anything other than Spurs nicking it

Chelsea win means Arsenal can afford to draw one of the games and still finish fourth. Unless Spurs turn around a 14 goal deficit in goal difference, with Bale around, you never know...

Draw gives Arsenal their best chance at third and not having to play qualifying game, with it still in their own hands. Spurs win and Arsenal can win both remaining games and finish fifth.

Jeez - 10+ minutes of nerves. Never thought I'd say this but mon Chelsea.

*phew* well we only have ourselves to blame if we don't make it now.

Not the result I was hoping for, but a result I'd gladly settle for :)

*phew* well we only have ourselves to blame if we don't make it now.

That's always been the case ;)

When Spurs got the "offside" second I was more than happy to settle for a draw.

Would have been even better if Chelsea won

Nope. Draw is the best result for us. Keeps 3rd alive.

Yeah I wanted the draw to give us a chance of third. It's in our hands with 2 to play though, and that's all I wanted when it came down to the end of the season. And Moyes wouldn't be the last person I'd want to take over once Wenger goes, but he certainly wouldn't be my first choice.

Draw means we have to win our remaining games which wouldn't have been the case if Chelsea won.

Having said that I wanted a draw

I think whilst having a buffer would've been nice, we should be taking 6 points from Wigan and Newcastle. Ultimately, I would rather us have a chance of not going through a qualifier then have to play the qualifier. I don't want to have to play someone like Udinese again to make the group stages.

If we do get 4th then we're definitely getting the Italian team that comes 3rd. :(