Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it seems Wenger has trotted out the predictable "Diaby will come back to cover the midfield" line.

Rosicky is injured, so is Wilshere, Theo is prob gone, and Ramsey and Gerv are useless. So let's pin our hopes on an average player who falls over more than Busquets!

What a cretin AW is.

I guess you said that about Laurent Koscielny too, Sy? Look where he is now - coming off a great season and commiting himself to a new long-term contract with us.

Give him time, as Sparky said. Arsène will, because Gervinho has the quality to become an important player.

I guess you said that about Laurent Koscielny too, Sy? Look where he is now - coming off a great season and commiting himself to a new long-term contract with us.

Give him time, as Sparky said. Arsène will, because Gervinho has the quality to become an important player.

I always thought Kos was decent and now he's our best defender IMO.

On my original point, our midfield is a shambles. I have high hopes for Coq and Ox but we should have elbowed Rosicknote, Diaby, Ramsey by now.

PUT SY ON YOUR IGNORE LIST PEOPLE.

Spud, I dont think Cazorla would spell the end of Theo as such. It obviously could well do, but I could see Wenger using Podolski as a striker with 2 of Theo/Gervinho/Chamberlain and Cazorla either side. Also the last two could play through the middle too. Options......

Let's just hope that Craig Eastmond's only on the tour to make up the numbers. That's why I think he's there. Although, that opinion may have been forged by hope and not fact.

Sy, I wouldn't say that our midfield is a 'shambles. Cazorla would go a long way to improving it. Tomas Rosický was one of our better players last season.

The state of this thread :D

If Cazorla wants to go, he'll go. One statement from Malaga that is basically what we say before we sell our star players shouldn't dampen peoples optimism. What a negative bunch we are.

The state of this thread :D

If Cazorla wants to go, he'll go. One statement from Malaga that is basically what we say before we sell our star players shouldn't dampen peoples optimism. What a negative bunch we are.

Tbh the Malaga situation is a bit different in that they can pay their bills and fix the situation and thus be in a position to say **** off to us if the owners bother. Whether that satisfies Cazorla is another matter

O2 have decided to pull out of their sponsorship deal with us. Yet another loss of corporate income, and people wonder why we can't compete financially with the likes of Citeh, Chelski or even United.

http://bit.ly/QvzdZ2

Not exactly impressed with the team Wenger has put out, but he probably feels that Djourou and Chamakh have got a better chance of making an impact on the first team this season then Bartley or Afobe. Not sure why he thinks that, but that's probably what he's thinking.

Arsenal v Malaysia.

Mannone, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Santos, Djourou, Vermaelen, Coquelin, Diaby, Arteta, Gervinho, Chamakh

:(

Hopefully Chamakh and Diaby can have solid games, as with Coq and Jenks too.

You can hardly blame O2 for pulling out. I doubt they were counting on the wholesale asset stripping and devaluation of the Arsenal brand when they agreed the previous deal.

They thought they were sponsoring a title contending top Premiership League club but actually got an overpaid youth academy being subjected to some of the most humiliating results in our history.

You can hardly blame O2 for pulling out. I doubt they were counting on the wholesale asset stripping and devaluation of the Arsenal brand when they agreed the previous deal.

They thought they were sponsoring a title contending top Premiership League club but actually got an overpaid youth academy being subjected to some of the most humiliating results in our history.

It's a vicious circle though really. Not challenging, so we lose sponsorship deals. When we lose sponsorships deals, we can't invest in the team.

If we lose this I can see Sy and Dj giving long diatribes on how it means the season will be a disaster

Erm, why?

Pre season games say very little about any teams chances for the season ahead. All it will do is confirm what I've been saying about Diaby and JD et al.

Erm, why?

Pre season games say very little about any teams chances for the season ahead. All it will do is confirm what I've been saying about Diaby and JD et al.

Doesn't confirm anything about players though. Also as you're often excessively reactionary

It's a vicious circle though really. Not challenging, so we lose sponsorship deals. When we lose sponsorships deals, we can't invest in the team.

I don't think you can really draw any conclusions from one sponsorship deal, unless they immediately jump into bed with another English team.

Archived